Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:40:52 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anybody here seen a ghost, UFO, Bigfoot, or anything like that? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Anybody here seen a ghost, UFO, Bigfoot, or anything like that?  (Read 21791 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »

Disclaimer:  if you've only come into this topic to say "they don't exist" get out now.  Ya' ain't welcome in this topic. 

Now that we've got that out of the way, has anybody here had an encounter with the unexplained?  Did you run into Bigfoot while you were camping?  Did you see strange flying objects in the sky?  Have you ever seen a spooky, specter, or ghost?  Let's here what your story is.

Me, I have seen a ghost once.  At my old job, after the doors shut for the night and all the customers went home, you could sometimes hear things moving around.  If you went into the backroom and closed the door, the light didn't look right shining under the door.  It was like it reached a certain point and just stopped (this is kind of hard to explain and I don't think I'm doing a good job at it.)

One day I was opening.  The store was a small shop in the mall, so it was fairly common for there to only be one employee running the place at any given time.  I lifted the pull down gate, went in and saw somebody standing there.  Just standing.  At first glance, I thought it was my boss.  The person was about the right height and hair color, but then I realized that he wouldn't have just been standing there in the dark.  (I hadn't turned on the lights yet.) 

When I looked again, nobody was there.  I went around the store several times but there was nobody in there, nor was there anyway a person could have gotten out without me noticing. 

The other people that worked there sometimes commented on how they would hear things at night and how the place was haunted, but I don't think they ever saw anything.  My boss of curse just thought we were imagining things. 
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »

I've seen a few things over the skies of El Paso that I couldn't identify.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Raffine

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »

When living in a very rural area of Tennessee we used to see odd things in the sky all the time, normally at night. I'll never forget the night something huge and black passed over the house; the only sound was a very deep rumbling hum that sounded 'electrical'.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
claws
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »

Quoting myself from an older thread with similar topic:

When I was four or five years old we were living in Vernon and our family would celebrate 4th of July at some big lake surrounded by woods.
One time we heard this very loud and long scream. It was so loud I remember covering both ears with my hands. The scream did not sound human and scared everyone to death. Shortly after we heard like something big was moving in the nearby woods. I remember seeing a tall dark hairy figure walking among trees accompanied with the loud sound of branches ripping and breaking. After that all hell broke loose! The adults started packing in a rush and we took off in our cars in no time. There was another scream when we drove off and we siblings started crying. I remember my parents turning their heads to see if "it" was following and my mother was yelling at my father to drive faster.

We still talk about this incident these days. My parents both remember seeing an ape-like "humanoid" with long dark hair. They never referred to it as "bigfoot," they say "the big hairy thing that ruined our BBQ,"

venomx
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:11 PM »

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »

When I used to drink heavily almost every night, I'd wake up in the morning and see ugly women who had been very beautiful the night before.  They mysteriously transformed during the night.  Totally unexplainable.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:21 PM »

I sort of believe there is an alternate plain (a limbo if you will), I obviously can't explain it fully but it's all I can say to explain the thing that I saw (or hallucinated). I was living at my dad's house at the time, when I was a teenager and I woke up really early one morning and went downstairs. As I got halfway down (the stairs overlooked the living room) I saw what appeared to be an old woman coming out of the mirror on the wall. It was a very misty apparition, but you could easily make out the face, which caused me to bolt back upstairs and wake my 'ol man up. He said it was his grandmother and showed me a picture and I'll be damned if it wasn't the same woman. That's the only time I've ever seen anything like that.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 06:26:15 PM »

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,131774.0.html

Link to an old thread I started similar to this one. The first post details my truly frightening experiences with the ghostly supernatural as a child...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »

I've had several instances of having contact with ghosts and the like.  So much so that during the entire fifth grade period, I took out several books from both the school library and the town's library on the subject.  Decided I wanted to get involved in psychology and parapsychology.  I truly believe in the existence of ghosts and paranormal phenomenon.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 03:01:15 AM »

When I used to drink heavily almost every night, I'd wake up in the morning and see ugly women who had been very beautiful the night before.  They mysteriously transformed during the night.  Totally unexplainable.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 03:10:21 AM »

1. I saw what I thought was perhaps a UFO once when I was about seven ~ that freaked me major league.  Buggedout

2. For about a year and a half after he passed, I would get almost nightly visits from my Dad. I would see someone sitting on my bedroom couch (where he always used to sit) and this person would be staring at me all the time. When I stayed in my mom's house when she was away, I would smell my Dad's cigarette smoke.  Buggedout Buggedout Last year the nocturnal visits stopped abruptly. I must just point out that when I realized who was sitting on that couch, I wasn't scared at all.

3. In the now refurbished National Film Archives building, there is a section of that 119 year old building that is haunted ~ between the rooms marked 17 and 19, there is a cold spot which chills you but it is only in that area, nowhere else. That building is not a place to be in after midnight, believe me.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 05:18:52 AM »

Ufo's-Yes. The Supernatural-who knows?
From a similar thread I posted in 2007....

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,114094.msg143942.html#msg143942

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 06:25:56 AM »

I think I saw a spirit once a few years ago.

I was in bed sleeping one night and I suddenly woke up.  I was trying to figure out why, I didn't have a nightmare, there were no weird noises invthe neighbourhood or anything like that.

I looked towards the end of my bed and I could have sworn I saw a figure shrouded in a long black hooded cloak type thing (there was no details, just the general shape) and where the eyes would be it was dimly lit and a little fuzzy.

I lay there rooted to the spot and reached for my glasses and to turn on the lamp.  When I did that, there was nothing and after I turned the light back off there was nothing either.

A couple of weeks later, I found out an old boyfriend of mine had drunk himnself to death and it was 3 days before anyone found his body.  I calculated that the "spirit" came to me at the time of his death.

Perhpas he reached out to me before he crossed over.  That was the only time I saw anything like that.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 10:10:51 AM »

Have I ever seen a Bigfoot? Yeah, every time I look down in the shower. I'm over 6 feet tall.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »

I saw the Loch Ness Monster. . .

. . .it lives in my pants.
 TeddyR

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anybody here seen a ghost, UFO, Bigfoot, or anything like that? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.