Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:06:44 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Places You'd Bring Visiting Board Members In Your Area « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Places You'd Bring Visiting Board Members In Your Area  (Read 16766 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »

I would make dinner for any and all visitors.  Many people claim to make great meatballs.  Few do.  I do. 

The boardwalk in Asbury Park... maybe the Paramount Theater for a concert (I saw TONY BENNETT and TOM JONES there, not long ago) they also have film festivals.  A drink at Aqua or Stella Marina (also on the boardwalk) a walk through historic Ocean Grove (just south down the boardwalk - it's also where WOODY ALLEN filmed STARDUST MEMORIES).  I understand BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN turns up routinely at the Wonderbar and jams with the house band... not being a fan, I've avoided it.  The NEW YORK DOLLS sometimes appear at The Stone Pony!!   TeddyR

Ah, The Stone Pony.  Place is legendary.  Bam Bam Bigelow worked there, Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes.  Was supposed to go there last summer for something but it fell through.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »

I'd take Trevor to a zoo so he could see a moose.  Buggedout

A zoo? I've had a moose wander through my back yard. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »

REVERE BEACH - We'd start bar-hopping at the Winthrop end around 7 p.m.  By the time we got to Kelly's Roast Beef, we'd be drunk and very hungry.  Perfect timing!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Paquita

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 09:55:07 PM »

Philly is home to The Mutter Museum.  It is a museum, of sorts, with a huge collection of medical human oddities.  Quite the stop.
The Mutter Museum
http://www.collphyphil.org/Site/mutter_museum.html

Also...cheesesteaks and such.  Citizens Bank Park.

I've always wanted to visit the Mutter Museum!

They have Chang and Eng Bunker's conjoined liver in a bottle!  Thumbup

I've always wanted to go to the Mutter Museum too!  I was in Pennsylvania about 2 1/2 years ago, but I couldn't go to the Mutter Museum because I was with my mom and she wouldn't have liked that.  So instead I wanted to go to the Country Kettle Village, but when I went to tell my mom where it was - Intercourse, PA - I couldn't get myself to say it out loud and just started laughing so hard that I peed a little... I can't believe I'm a parent  Bluesad.  We should all go on a road trip to both these places!

I don't really know a place that I would take anyone to except maybe the drive-in or roller skating, so I would make you guys come over to my place and play Pictionary with me until I passed out from the excitement!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »

Philly is home to The Mutter Museum.  It is a museum, of sorts, with a huge collection of medical human oddities.  Quite the stop.
The Mutter Museum
http://www.collphyphil.org/Site/mutter_museum.html

Also...cheesesteaks and such.  Citizens Bank Park.

I've always wanted to visit the Mutter Museum!

They have Chang and Eng Bunker's conjoined liver in a bottle!  Thumbup

I've always wanted to go to the Mutter Museum too!  I was in Pennsylvania about 2 1/2 years ago, but I couldn't go to the Mutter Museum because I was with my mom and she wouldn't have liked that.  So instead I wanted to go to the Country Kettle Village, but when I went to tell my mom where it was - Intercourse, PA - I couldn't get myself to say it out loud and just started laughing so hard that I peed a little... I can't believe I'm a parent  Bluesad.  We should all go on a road trip to both these places!

I don't really know a place that I would take anyone to except maybe the drive-in or roller skating, so I would make you guys come over to my place and play Pictionary with me until I passed out from the excitement!

Intercourse, PA is also nearby the towns Bird-in-Hand, PA and Blue Ball, PA.

Ha.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 11:01:48 PM »

You have to be wary of moose on the highways in these parts especially if driving at night. Slowing down is a good idea especially in areas where you see signs warning of them.

Anyways some pics from my area and not too far away...

Yeah that last pic is of an hare in my backyard..but you gotta look a little close to spot it.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2011, 12:11:59 AM »

This is a pretty spot, just a short drive around the lake from here. It's one of the first places I'd take a visitor.

And a random bit of shoreline.

Shots of the town wharf from either end. I can see it from the front of my shop, but from the angle of the second photo, the shop is hidden behind the brown building closest to the water.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »

Jase + Andy: beautiful pictures.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »

I'd take you all out to the Mall of America then take the light rail downtown to Nicollet Mall, eat at a nice restaurant then go see a play.

Assuming I had money on this trip of course.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Places You'd Bring Visiting Board Members In Your Area « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.