Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:25:19 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who's lonsome? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Who's lonsome?  (Read 8594 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 23, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »

Ok...obviously this won't apply to happily married folks.
I'm lonsome. So f**king lonsome sometimes I talk to myself. I talk to the walls. When I'm drunk and my kid is spending the night at his freinds-I have conversations with the radio.
This forum helps alot. But sometimes I sure wish I was talking to people face to face.
Work people dont count. I don't hang out with them. They got there own lives. All my freinds from the past are dead or gone. My family is gone-or to busy for me. I live with Eddie-my 16 year old son. He does what any teenager does-hangs with his freinds-Im the food and shelter supplier.
I dont know if there is a point to this ..am I the only one who feels this way? Am I weird? I feel isolated...like the world is full of fun things for all...but me.
I sound like a f**king teenager-except Im 48 years old!
If Im being a whiny b***h-tell me. Ill kick myself in the ass
(which I will any way)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:37:39 PM »

Don't worry RC, you're totally not being a whiny b***h and you're certainly not alone in feeling isolated.

I live in a town I hate. I have lived in this town for six years and I have never made a single friend. I go to work, get on with people fine there, but outside of work they don't want to know me or we have nothing in common. The only family I ever regularly see (meaning once a month....maybe) is my dad and my nan. They live an hours drive away, and I don't drive. Honestly, apart from this forum I have no one to connect with or have a laugh with. I get up, go to work, come home, eat and go to sleep. It's the same every weekend (unless there's a concert, which I go to....alone) apart from there's no work, there's staring at the same four walls in silence struggling to stop my brain spewing up crap that makes me want to die.

macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »

Y ou know what guys i am sure we can find a way to chat via a webcam, then you will be really p**sed imagine seeing my face on your pc.Being bored is an awful empty feeling that can seduce you and make you do things that you would otherwise not think of doing.I think that if it was not for my kids i would be in shiit street without any toilet paper.Pity that you don't drive circus i would love to see you attend my local movie club , RC you sound like my type of guy someone who loves lugosi,karloff and art, pity such a great space divides us.Guys you have my e-mail so if you want to just drop a line anytime about any kind of s**t you want then i will reply gladly.I am sure in time both you guys will stumble onto that special lady and untill then keep watching those awful b- movies

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »

The f**ked thing is...I was married. To the most ...awww...f**k.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »

Sometimes, I get bored & disappointed. Bluesad
Then I read one of the younger members of this board spout a way too familiar sounding story Hatred, & I realize it's something of an even trade... Lookingup

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 01:56:09 PM »

It was not my intention to upset you RC nor did i mean to suggest that you could ever replace your lovely wife,however i beleive that you are too good a person to spend the rest of your life alone.Believe me i thought i would never find any lady to accept me,i am not your tall,dark and handsome kind of guy and i do have a nasty sense of humour,but i did find someone and i appreciate her love for me.The past is never behind you it is always going to stay by your side being lonely is an awful devoid feling but like i mentioned , you are to good of a person to stay lonely, you will find someone and though no lady will ever replace your lovely wife,she will at least fill that empty feeling you have.

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »

I've got almost the opposite problem.  I'd rather be alone and almost have to force myself to socialize. 

I wouldn't mind having a woman around the house, but friends and parties and stuff... not really that interested.  Socializing with my family about once a week, friends about once a month is all I can handle. 

Oh, and you guys daily, of course. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 07:49:22 PM »

I'm sixteen, so I don't know why I should feel lonely, but I just do. Even with my friends I always feel like no one really cares about me. I guess I just blend in too much or something.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »

I've been lonely for a lot of my life. It's only the last couple of years I've had a girlfriend I've been less so but I definitely wish I had some cool friends like the folks on here to hang out with, watch some movies with, people with similar interests as there are actually few of those in my everyday life. Actually with the internet and PS3 and other forms of social media as I understand it, there are ways we can talk more directly over the net (although honestly I don't fully understand the inner workings of all that). Might be cool if some of us with the same PS3 games played one another...perhaps have some kind of interactive movie night...we could all go on some direct chat line too I suppose although it might well get boring without a lot of folks involved...would actually love to meet up with and hang out with some folks on here even though some are vastly different from me in some ways. Reminds me of that thread about where you'd take people if they came to visit. Well if you're looking to escape the city, you certainly couldn't do better than coming here where it tends to be extra quiet and the people are for the most part extremely friendly. Would love to go to the local Museum and historical sites with indianasmith, would love to show off our unique history and culture here to AndyC and Newt, just hang out and watch cult movies with RC and Raffine, watch some wrestling with HappyGilmore and Bob and perhaps chat and talk about it...would be cool if possible.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 08:25:19 PM »

I'm sixteen, so I don't know why I should feel lonely, but I just do. Even with my friends I always feel like no one really cares about me. I guess I just blend in too much or something.
You're very young. (That's a great thing.)  Everyone is at least a little lonely at your age.  You will be amazed how much you'll change in the next few years... You'll learn everything you want and maybe how to find.  Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 08:35:13 PM »

same here

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »

I live in SouthSide, I don't drink, I don't like loud music-parties-nightclubs, I'm a republican, & while nobody's been able to convince me that marijuana is bad for you, I'm not about to break the law just to prove it.

Everyone I get along with live in town, or north of the James, they're all radical leftists, & regular party animals.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »

I have three kids and a wife...its hard to be lonesome.  Although I would never want to be without them, I often find personally I fair better when I'm by myself.  I was always the kind of guy who preferred to go out alone. Maybe thats why I talk to myself so much.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »

I'm married and have a daughter. I love my wife and kid very much. I can't say that they always understand me, though. I guess in a way I'm, well, paranoid isn't the right word, but I've never felt like I fit in particularly well anywhere (sometimes even in my own family), and that leads to a lot of lonely feelings, even when I have my family around. Like DS, I do quite well by myself, so I've never really considered "fitting in" to be all that swell of an idea, or at least not changing myself just so I would fit in with a group. I don't post enough here to be very well known--I doubt if many would notice if I just stopped posting. At work, I'm the only male, so I don't get included in the "girl talk" during down times, and my closest friend (distance-wise, at least) and I haven't gotten together in over a month now. In short, I know how you feel, RC & Circus, though my loneliness is not as complete as yours since I do have family around. And Circus: I've lived in a town I hate for almost 45 years, so I know how that is. I still have hopes of moving, but they are dying.

And as for the teenagers on here that are feeling alone, you will (hopefully) find your place eventually. At least that's what everyone kept telling me. I'm still waiting...

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
akiratubo

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »

I'm so crushingly lonely I can hardly bear it.  I broke down crying just yesterday.  All my friends are married and have families and careers, and here I am just starting out at 32.  No relationship, live with Mom and Dad.  I feel like a loser and a failure.  Worse, I feel irrelevant.  I have good days and bad; sometimes it's hard to even get out of bed.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who's lonsome? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.