Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:44:39 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have a Blessed and Beautiful Easter, one and all! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Have a Blessed and Beautiful Easter, one and all!  (Read 3829 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: April 23, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »

This is my favorite holiday of the whole year.  My Christian faith is something I hold very dear, and tomorrow we commemorate the joyous mystery that lies at the heart of it all - the Resurrection of Jesus Christ!  I know that there are not many Christians on this forum, and that's OK - I love all you guys regardless!  So please bear with me while I indulge in a little purely religious reverie.
   Jesus Christ is the most pivotal figure in human history.  Most of the world still splits their calendar in half at the year of his birth (give or take - most scholars concede that the monk who invented the Christian Calendar in the 6th century was at least a year or two off!).  Although many terrible things have been done in his name, his teachings, as contained in the four Biblical gospels, still represent one of the most remarkable philosophies of all time.
   But the Resurrection is what sets him apart from other great teachers and prophets.  Christ claimed to be the Son of God - very clearly and plainly, despite what some modern scholars have tried to claim.  But what sets His claim apart is the dramatic, final proof he provided - by appearing alive again after his death to numerous witnesses.  Christ's humanity is beyond question, and the nobility of His sacrifice on the cross is a beautiful tale.  But it is His resurrection that shows us that He was greater than any philosopher, any poet, any scholar, any king who ever lived.  He conquered death itself, and lives on that we might have life in Him.
    Believe what you will about Him - that He was a myth, a madman, or simply a misguided spiritual leader murdered by His enemies.  For me, He will always be the Son of God, and my dearest friend.

"If Christ be not raised, you are still in your sins . . .  if we have trusted in Christ in this life only, we are of all men, most to be pitied."  - St. Paul, II Corinthians, AD 54.

Have a Blessed Easter!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:34:20 PM »

Going to mostly celebrate my sister's birthday tomorrow.  Bought her Hausu. :)

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
claws
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:56:21 PM »

Enjoy them spring spheres! *kidding*
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:33:54 AM »

I'd give you karma for that if I could, Claws!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »

Have a great Easter, Indy!

I felt bad for the two sunnyside up eggs I had this morning: Here it is Easter and they didn't get to be Easter Eggs.

They just got ate.  Bluesad

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:05:30 AM »

I still don't care for your "but..." and you did squeeze in there "madman..." but you are apparently toning it down.   Thumbup

Have a blessed Easter, Lewis.  Smile 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »

Hope you all have great Easters.  Thumbup

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

Happy Easter everybody!  We've got a huge ham in the oven and I fully anticipate being in a food-induced coma by mid-afternoon.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »

Happy Easter everyone.  Enjoy the holiday. 

Ah, the good old days.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »

Happy Easter everyone.   Smile

Hold onto your dreams ....
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 03:33:53 PM »

I still don't care for your "but..." and you did squeeze in there "madman..." but you are apparently toning it down.   Thumbup

Have a blessed Easter, Lewis.  Smile 

We've batted the ball back and forth many times, but I am still not quite able to grasp who exactly you think Jesus Christ was.  To my mind, a man who claims to be the Son of God when he demonstrably isn't would be unbalanced . . . if not actually mad.  The Resurrection proves the spectacular claims Christ made for Himself were true.  At least, it proves it to my satisfaction.

But your respect and affection for the sacrifice of Christ are obviously real, and I commend you for them. Hope your day has been blessed.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 02:30:07 AM »

Happy Easter to my family here.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 11:42:09 PM »

I still don't care for your "but..." and you did squeeze in there "madman..." but you are apparently toning it down.   Thumbup
Have a blessed Easter, Lewis.  Smile  
We've batted the ball back and forth many times, but I am still not quite able to grasp who exactly you think Jesus Christ was.  To my mind, a man who claims to be the Son of God when he demonstrably isn't would be unbalanced . . . if not actually mad.  The Resurrection proves the spectacular claims Christ made for Himself were true.  At least, it proves it to my satisfaction.
  But your respect and affection for the sacrifice of Christ are obviously real, and I commend you for them. Hope your day has been blessed.
You need something that I don't need.  You have expectations I don't have.  What that's been touched, devised, or recorded by Man is perfect?  What can we know?  It is not seriously argued that there was a man called Jesus who preached peace and love and also pointed out hypocrisy and was executed for it.  He was no king or world traveler.  History should have forgotten him.  The first miracle of Jesus was none of the miracles, but, that despite humble origin, poverty, and an ignominious death, he was well remembered.  That's what I know.  

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 06:29:18 AM »

Interesting.  I think I begin to understand you.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »

"If Christ be not raised, you are still in your sins . . .  if we have trusted in Christ in this life only, we are of all men, most to be pitied."  - St. Paul, II Corinthians, AD 54.
Paul, a "persecutor" of Christians before his conversion, never knew the living Jesus.  Yet, I do not think there is a more important player in the history of Christianity.  This quote you cite offers myriad insight aside from being a pointed statement. 
We're not so far apart, you and I, just bumping into one another unseen as we step backwards out of the back doors of our own houses.   Question Wink

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have a Blessed and Beautiful Easter, one and all! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.