Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:36:24 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mill Creek Appreciation topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mill Creek Appreciation topic.  (Read 11860 times)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 24, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »

I love DVD sets from Mill Creek Entertainment. They're always so cheap yet it so fun watching through the movies to see which ones are good and which ones are awful. Here are the ones I own

GUNSLIGNGER CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK
Its just a bunch of westerns. Kinda out of place for me, but I've really been digging watching some

HORROR CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK
likely the most popular one. alot of the well known B-movies from the 50s and earlier are on it

HORROR CLASSICS 100 MOVIE PACK
Really awesome set. With a great combination of 70s exploitation stuff, and plenty of 50s and earlier stuff as well.

PURE TERROR 50 MOVIE PACK
My favorite one that I own. Contains pretty much only 70s and 80s horror with a bit of older stuff. Very fun set

NIGHTMARE WORLDS 50 MOVIE PACK

I have other DVD's From the company that are smaller, but these are the major ones. what dvd's of theres do any of you all have?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:13:04 AM by Criswell » Logged

Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »

I couldn't agree more!
Mill Creek rules!

I have:

CRIME CLASSICS
HORROR CLASSICS
TERROR CLASSICS
SCI-FI CLASSICS
DRIVE-IN CLASSICS
CHILLING CLASSICS
COMEDY CLASSICS
DARK WORLDS
DECREPIT CRYPT NIGHTMARES
ACTION CLASSICS
HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS
150 CLASSIC SERIAL EPISODES
NIGHT SCREAMS
20 CULT CLASSICS

I recently ordered the MYSTERY 100 Pack, which is a comp of the MYSTERY and the DARK CRIMES collections; neither one I have. Some of the older ones I have contain movies like THE MILPITAS MONSTER that were removed from later editions due to legal reasons.

There are actually a couple I don't have which I wouldn't mind getting, but the movie overlap in some of these sets and the increasing number of more recent films included has put me off getting them...so far.

I believe The Burgomaster is very fond of these sets, too.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »

Cool thats a lot of they're sets that are kinda older. I believe some of them are OOP. If you look at they're website it seems like they're trying to get away from the image they have of "That company that puts 50 movies in one box"
http://www.millcreekent.com/
In terms of getting more boxes. I don't know if there are many more I could get. There was a spaghetti western one that looked interesting, and the Martial arts one looks good too.  They're two genres I really wanna get into so yeah.

voltron

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »

I don't own any of them (for shame), but if the Pure Terror one is 70s and 80s horror, count me in!

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

I don't own any of them (for shame), but if the Pure Terror one is 70s and 80s horror, count me in!

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Terror-50-Movie-Pack/dp/B003VOVW2C

Its mostly. There might be one or two or three movies that are the 50s or earlier. I recommend it to you with all my powers.

claws
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 12:48:28 AM »

I own the Nightmare Worlds set that includes quite a few gems (All the Kind Strangers, How Awful About Alan, Terror at the Red Wolf Inn, The Manster), hilarious cheese (Atomic Rulers of the World, The Nightmare Never Ends, Star Odyssey), stuff I haven't seen in ages (Death Warmed Up, Embryo, Eternal Evil, Panic) and simply bad - nearly unwatchable junk (The Alpha Incident, Doomsday Machine, Invasion from Inner Earth, Night Fright, Beast of the Yellow Night, UFO: Target Earth, Ring of Terror).

It also features movies with alternate titles. It's stuff I already own as much better DVD editions (Alien Contamination, Werewolf Woman, The New Barbarians: Warriors of the Wasteland).

And a few decent or "interesting" movies I've never seen before (Piranha Piranha, Alien Species, Alien Zone, House of the Living Dead, Idaho Transfer, Prisoners of the Lost Universe).

Except for Terror at the Red Wolf Inn most if not all transfers are pretty awful and look horrid upconverted on my LCD  Bluesad
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:14:26 PM by claws » Logged
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »

I forgot to say I had Nightmare worlds. I agree some of it is near unwatchable for even the toughest b-movie fan.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »

Ah yes, Mill Creek.  I own their 100 Movie Pack Horror Classics, which I got for 15 bucks.  It allows me to watch such amazing and truly breathtaking films like Manos: The Hands of Fate, Slave of the Cannibal God, and prehaps the great one, Vampire's Night Orgy.  Such a delight.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »

I have most of the Mill Creek 50 Movie Packs, plus the Western Classics 100 Movie Pack.  Over the weekend I watched ATLAS IN THE LAND OF THE CYCLOPS from the Warriors 50 Movie Pack.  Typical Italian muscleman nonsense with washed out colors (the whole movie has a brownish-orange tint).  Love it!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:01:32 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 12:12:48 PM »

I am a huge fan of Mill Creek. They've allowed me to watch many of the great b's that I've only ever heard of before. Next to Netflix I owe my obscure b viewing opportunites to Mill Creek. Let's see, off the top of my head I own:

The Warriors 50 movie packs: It's got a ton of the old Hercules type movies. This is definitely one of my favorites.

The Drive-In 50 movie pack: This has a great collection of crazy 70's era drive-in movies. It's the set I watch most often and has something for everyone.

The Martial Arts 50 movie pack: This one has some great cheesy 70's fu along with the highest ratio of stinkers to gems.

The Western Classics 100 pack: I like Westerns and while some of these are too corny for even me to sit all the way through, I still like to fish one out a few times a month, usually on Saturday morning.

The Family Favorites 100 movie pack: This one has some really creaky movies but some are surprisingly good. The nieces and nephew tend to think they are slow going though.

The Sci-Fi classics 100 pack: It's got some good cheesy sci-fi. what can I say.

Girls, Guns and G-Strings: This is a collection of Andy Sedaris films. Good stuff.

Cult Terror Cinema: This is some nice grindhouse stuff. I actually wrote a review of it for Amazon.

Undead The Vampire Collection: Not all of these are strictly vampire films but most of them are pretty entertaining. I reviewed this for Amazon too and I think I gave it 4 stars.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
major jay

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »

The only one I have is the the Martial Arts 50 pack. I got it mainly for the Godfrey Ho flicks. There's, I think, four of them on it. The best one being NINJA CHAMPION. There is also a Weng Weng flick called THE IMPOSSIBLE KID. He plays the same character as in FOR YUR HEIGHT ONLY, but the dubbing is nowhere near as entertaining. IMAGE OF BRUCE LEE is pretty good too.

The Warriors 50 movie packs sounds like something I should pick up.

Couchtr26

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »

I'm all for them. 
I own.

Horror 50 pack
Sci-fi 100 pack
Drive In Cinema 50 pack
Pure Terror 50 pack
Spaghetti Western Collection 44 movies (feeling dumb misspelling that)
Gorehouse (Mill Creek please use a real term) Greats
Undead Pack

It is nice to get quick access to quite a few movies you may not think about buying individually.  There are also a few gems for you to see.  Of course, getting a better version is nice when time permits.  However, without the Horror 50 pack (my first set) I don't think I would have gone through the trouble of purchasing Metropolis.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:32:10 AM by Couchtr26 » Logged

Ah, the good old days.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 06:26:49 AM »

I wish Mill Creek would release the DVD of House of The Living Dead aka Dr Maniac ~ that's a film I've been looking out for years now.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »

I have numerous sets, bigger and smaller. It's a great way to get a lot of films on the cheap although sometimes the picture quality isn't all that great - still I've seen a lot of great films, and many not so great, from watching these sets.

Anyways I have the Sci-Fi Classics 100 Pack, The Horror Classics 50 Pack, the Mystery and Dark Crimes 50 Packs, The Martial Arts 50 Pack, The Chilling Classics 50 Pack, 100 Cartoons Classics, 150 Classic Movie Serial Collection, the 100 Episodes TV Megapack and I have a smaller Spaghetti Western collection and I know there's a few others I have I'm forgetting...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 09:50:50 PM »

I just picked up Drive in cult classics volume 2 from a store. Looks to have interesting stuff. I kinda wanna get one of the ones that have peoples home movies on it, but they seem expensive online.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mill Creek Appreciation topic. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.