Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:53:45 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone else sick of the royal wedding? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Anyone else sick of the royal wedding?  (Read 7044 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 07:01:26 AM »

Yeah, but you get the day off work and free food.

Thumbup

1. I hate being off work, it's boring.

2. What free food! Where the hell is my free food??
Can either one of you guys try to get a picture of yourself with the Princess?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:35 AM »

Yeah, but you get the day off work and free food.

Thumbup

1. I hate being off work, it's boring.

2. What free food! Where the hell is my free food??

Yeah...

I'll just pop over to the palace, explain who I am and I'm sure they'll allow me.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:45 AM »

Well if someone provides me with a car, a roadmap, a gun and gives me a few hours....yes.  Wink

macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 09:16:50 AM »

Long live Queen,wait a minute Freddie is dead!

Oh you mean that queen,I have to side with my fellow Northerner Circus, the Queen and all the rest of her freeloaders should be banished to pontins and made to play all those silly games that they make you play.

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »

the Queen and all the rest of her freeloaders should be banished to pontins and made to play all those silly games that they make you play.

No one deserves that !

At least give them Butlins!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »

I don't really care about what the new "princess" wore or the 5th Earl of Crumpet sitting next to Harry Potter in the chapel, I just want to know one thing. Did they do the Chicken Dance at the reception?

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »

I don't really care about what the new "princess" wore or the 5th Earl of Crumpet sitting next to Harry Potter in the chapel, I just want to know one thing. Did they do the Chicken Dance at the reception?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_MPCUyuqJ8&feature=related

No but I heard the Electric Slide was popular.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »

if only it was in outer space....... Twirling

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »

My wife and daughter had a little party and watched the replay of it after school today. For a five-year-old girl, it was all pretty exciting and magical. My wife and I took the point of view that encouraging the kid's interest in real-world royalty might combat some of the Disney Princess BS her friends bombard her with. And we were able to work in sort of a fun history/geography lesson. Up to now, her knowledge of Britain has been largely based on imported BBC kids' shows and Mr. Bean.

And frankly, in our jaded society, I'm not going to fault anybody for getting excited about something. I'm getting sick of this attitude that being unimpressed all the time is somehow a sign of intelligence or coolness.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 12:58:51 AM »

My wife and daughter had a little party and watched the replay of it after school today. For a five-year-old girl, it was all pretty exciting and magical. My wife and I took the point of view that encouraging the kid's interest in real-world royalty might combat some of the Disney Princess BS her friends bombard her with. And we were able to work in sort of a fun history/geography lesson. Up to now, her knowledge of Britain has been largely based on imported BBC kids' shows and Mr. Bean.

Mr. Bean, now there's a character  BounceGiggle

And frankly, in our jaded society, I'm not going to fault anybody for getting excited about something. I'm getting sick of this attitude that being unimpressed all the time is somehow a sign of intelligence or coolness.

I'll shake your hand a thousand times over for THAT one.  Cheers

I hear it all the time, how being excited is "gay" or "it's dumb", yadda yadda.  By and large I feel it's a sign of how insensitve we've become as a whole in regards to society.

It's some sort of badge of honor to be completely indifferent to anyone and everything around you and to feel nothing for anyone or anything unless they\it serve your purposes or interests.

It's very sociopathic and it's nothing but a false pretense. If intelligence means insensitivity, then count me out.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 03:38:35 AM »

I know what you mean Andy. Maybe some people would class me as being that way, but in this instance it's fair to say that in the UK, we've had this rammed down our throats by the media and it is the no.1 topic of conversation. I'm not against people getting married or finding love or people celebrating events, I just can't be bothered watching people fawn over the rich and pointless. The royal family pretty much having no bearing on what happens in this country anymore and they are severely out of touch with the common man. I'm not trying to be "cool" or a smart-ass, I'm just being a disillusioned jerk.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 04:18:20 AM »

I know what you mean Andy. Maybe some people would class me as being that way, but in this instance it's fair to say that in the UK, we've had this rammed down our throats by the media and it is the no.1 topic of conversation. I'm not against people getting married or finding love or people celebrating events, I just can't be bothered watching people fawn over the rich and pointless. The royal family pretty much having no bearing on what happens in this country anymore and they are severely out of touch with the common man. I'm not trying to be "cool" or a smart-ass, I'm just being a disillusioned jerk.
I agree. The Royal Wedding-ok-they'er rich-they're getting married. Frankly-I don't care. I would get excited if my sister was getting married...but not this.
And it's not a matter of being "cool". Hell-I don't think anyone on this board is worried about being "cool". The fact that we are here,posting on the BAD Movie forum says alot as far as going with the flow of "cool". Gawd-I wish I was cool! Thing is-it's just not that interesting. I would rather see a movie or go to a yard sale than the Royal Wedding. It's just BORING. I just don't give a dam. I'ts fodder for tabloids read by 70 year old spinsters.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »

Having read the last two posts by Circus Circus and RC, I would like to return part of my statement about how being unimpressed is somehow a sign of sociopathy or self-serving attitude. 

Not all people are like that.  I was referring to some people, but not all, and least of all Circus Circus or RC.  Sorry if I came off that way.  Smile

I forget that, in some cases,  as both CC and RC have said, the media of other countries has the same way of forcing things on their countrymen as the American media does so well over here.

I will say though, that in today's society, that any storybook moment like the Royal Wedding is welcome, because such pageantry simply dosen't exist anymore. Even as we know that the world goes on no matter what, it was a sight to behold the magic of the Old World for one brief, shining moment.

I wish Lord William and Lady Katherine MANY years of happiness and love, and may they have many kids to fill the void that Queen Elizabeth and Sirs Phillip and Charles will eventually create with their passing. 

This Yank tips his hat to England,  raises his  glass and says "God Save The Queen."

Cheers  Cheers  Cheers  Rock on!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Raffine

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »

The clever souvenir folks were ready if anyone really got sick of it all:

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone else sick of the royal wedding? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.