Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:20:15 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Any Which Way You Can « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any Which Way You Can  (Read 4389 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: April 29, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »

The sequel to Every Which Way But Loose.    Although I don't like it as much as it's predacessor, I still really enjoy it.  

SPOILER

The best part for me center around the Black Widows.  I love how they make peace with Philo at the end of the film.  Plus they actually end up saving the day.  Although they originally are antagonists, there was always something loveable about them.

END SPOILERS

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 12:26:18 PM »

The sequel to Every Which Way But Loose.    Although I don't like it as much as it's predacessor, I still really enjoy it.  

SPOILER

The best part for me center around the Black Widows.  I love how they make peace with Philo at the end of the film.  Plus they actually end up saving the day.  Although they originally are antagonists, there was always something loveable about them.

END SPOILERS

The Black Widows are lovable in a Wile E. Coyote sort of way. As bad as they try to be, they always suffer for their actions. They never get the upper hand, they never seem to hurt anybody but themselves, and their actions always have immediate consequences for them. What makes us hate a villain is when they hurt others, especially when they seem to get away with it. None of the Black Widows' attempted wrongdoing goes unpunished, nobody takes them seriously, and their intended victims often end up victimizing them. There's nothing to really hate, and even though we love seeing them take a pounding, it's hard not to pity them. They're so dumb, so incompetent, and so oblivious to the harm they invite, it gives them a kind of innocence.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »

Really, how can you not feel sorry for these guys? Even Philo ends up taking pity on them. BounceGiggle
Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:41:57 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:02:44 PM »

^ BounceGiggle I should add too its also good to see them (at least think) they invoke fear into someone when they confront the bookies for their money.

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 07:21:31 PM »

Just watched both movies again for the first time in years. I'd seen Every Which Way But Loose a few times over the years (I have it on VHS), but I don't think I've seen Any Which Way You Can since it was airing on TV in the 80s. I'd forgotten a few things, like Clyde's habit of crapping in police cars.  I also noticed things are just a little bit more exaggerated, such as when Clyde scraps cars with his bare hands, Philo picks up an engine and carries it, or Ma drives to Bakersfield towing a Volkswagen that gradually grinds down to nearly nothing. A little bit sillier than the first, but not excessively so. A fun movie.

And I really didn't remember the Anne Ramsay love scene. Buggedout
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:25:37 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »

I watched this along with Any Which Way But Loose with my dad many moons ago. Really liked Any Which Way But Loose. For some reason I didn't like Any Which Way You Can as much, but it's still  a good one.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »

Just watched both movies again for the first time in years. I'd seen Every Which Way But Loose a few times over the years (I have it on VHS), but I don't think I've seen Any Which Way You Can since it was airing on TV in the 80s. I'd forgotten a few things, like Clyde's habit of crapping in police cars.  I also noticed things are just a little bit more exaggerated, such as when Clyde scraps cars with his bare hands, Philo picks up an engine and carries it, or Ma drives to Bakersfield towing a Volkswagen that gradually grinds down to nearly nothing. A little bit sillier than the first, but not excessively so. A fun movie.

And I really didn't remember the Anne Ramsay love scene. Buggedout
Oddly I recall the Anne Ramsey love scene. 

The final fight in the film is one of the greatest fist fights in film history.

DarkSider's Realm

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »

A good portion of this film was filmed in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. My Dad used to live in Eastern Idaho at the time that film was being made and was within a 2-hour drive from Jackson Hole. I remember we were heading to do some fishing and a radio announcement came on saying they were filming a Clint Eastwood movie in Jackson Hole, and was inviting anybody to come down for a crowd scene and be in the movie. My Dad had nothing against Clint Eastwood, but he was much more of a John Wayne fan, but I begged him to go and he almost gave in. I could have been in the crowd during the final fight scene from this movie. That would have been cool.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »

A good portion of this film was filmed in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. My Dad used to live in Eastern Idaho at the time that film was being made and was within a 2-hour drive from Jackson Hole. I remember we were heading to do some fishing and a radio announcement came on saying they were filming a Clint Eastwood movie in Jackson Hole, and was inviting anybody to come down for a crowd scene and be in the movie. My Dad had nothing against Clint Eastwood, but he was much more of a John Wayne fan, but I begged him to go and he almost gave in. I could have been in the crowd during the final fight scene from this movie. That would have been cool.

Hmmm, a fan of John Wayne but not Clint Eastwood. That strikes me as interesting because my oldest brother was always a huge fan of both.

Funny you should mention John Wayne right when I was about to respond to Darksider's post about the fight. Watching it again, I was thinking how much it reminds me of The Quiet Man. Two brawlers fighting their way through the town with a crowd following them, stopping for a beer, and eventually parting as friends. I don't know for sure, but it looks like they meant to pay homage to the Wayne film.

---------------------
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »

Hmmm, a fan of John Wayne but not Clint Eastwood. That strikes me as interesting because my oldest brother was always a huge fan of both.

Funny you should mention John Wayne right when I was about to respond to Darksider's post about the fight. Watching it again, I was thinking how much it reminds me of The Quiet Man. Two brawlers fighting their way through the town with a crowd following them, stopping for a beer, and eventually parting as friends. I don't know for sure, but it looks like they meant to pay homage to the Wayne film.

Quite possibly.

My dear old Dad didn't dislike Clint Eastwood. However, Clint represented the Spaghetti Western, which pretty much killed the old westerns of which John Wayne was the genre's undisputed champ. I suspect my father acknowledge Clint Eastwood but also resented him a little.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Any Which Way You Can « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.