Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:47:50 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you know...? (Little known movie trivia) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Did you know...? (Little known movie trivia)  (Read 13031 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 06:33:07 AM »

In The Hunt For Red October, when doing the scenes on the Russian submarine, Sean Connery would act like he was in a really lousy mood before filming began.  This created an uneasy atmosphere among his fellow actors - all part of Connery's plan to create a more realistic on-screen attitude of fearful respect among the sub's crew towards their commander.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »

In The Hunt For Red October, when doing the scenes on the Russian submarine, Sean Connery would act like he was in a really lousy mood before filming began.  This created an uneasy atmosphere among his fellow actors - all part of Connery's plan to create a more realistic on-screen attitude of fearful respect among the sub's crew towards their commander.

Shame he couldn't do anything about his accent  TeddyR

ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »

He's entitled to his opinion. I think someone has a Dr. Strangelove obsession...  Wink

And now that account is a guest account.  Question

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »

He's entitled to his opinion. I think someone has a Dr. Strangelove obsession...  Wink

And now that account is a guest account.  Question

Ah, two pieces of good news today.  TongueOut

Raffine

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »

The only know time the meticulous Alfred Hitchcock ever improvised on a movie set was in THE BIRDS. When Jessica Tandy protested there was no way her character would explore the farmer's seemingly empty house for no reason Hitchcock had the prop man break the tea cups hanging on the wall, giver her an excuse to suspect something was wrong.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »

Part of that movie, I believe near the beginning, where they show frozen mountains from the ocean, was filmed just outside the town I live in. I've been in that area literally hundreds of times, having drove a fishing boat for two summers, and working in the shipyard for another 6-1/2 years.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 10:03:34 AM »

Dustin Hoffman was originally cast as the title character in the 1980 musical, Popeye, with Lily Tomlin as Olive Oyl. Hoffman left the film over a disagreement with writer Jules Feiffer. In overcoming the setback, producer Robert Evans assured Paramount that a big name was not needed, and suggested even the comedian on the cover of Newsweek the previous week could handle the part. That was Robin Williams. Tomlin left following Hoffman's departure, and negotiations were underway with Gilda Radner before director Robert Altman hired Shelley Duvall.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »

Roger Corman wanted Francis Ford Coppola to make The Godfather as a black action movie.

Also, the producers wanted to update The Godfather to a 1970s setting and keep it to about a 90 minute running time.  Coppola fought these decisions and won (good thing).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »

Roger Corman wanted Francis Ford Coppola to make The Godfather as a black action movie.

Also, the producers wanted to update The Godfather to a 1970s setting and keep it to about a 90 minute running time.  Coppola fought these decisions and won (good thing).

Fortunately producer Jerry Gross had him some artistic vision and made the film anyways:

JAWS 3D started life as a remake of THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. This idea was nixed in favor of an AIRPLANE!-like spoof supposedly titled JAWS 3/HUMANS 0.

Of course, what we eventually got was Dennis Quaid running around Sea World and some very silly 3-D shark effects.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:25:45 AM by Raffine » Logged

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »

Whenever Clint Eastwood is directing, instead of saying "cut" at the end of a shot he says "that's enough of that s**t."

I love Clint.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »

Here's an interesting bit of film trivia Wikipedia is spotlighting on their homepage today:

Ronald Reagan considered CODE OF THE SECRET SERVICE (1939) as "the worst film I ever made. "Never has an egg of such dimensions been laid." Reagan like to tell the story of how a theater ticket taker told him he should be ashamed of himself for making such a terrible movie.

However, little Jerry Parr saw it many times and thought it was just dandy. The film even inspired him to later join the Secret Service.

It was Parr who was credited in saving Reagan's life during the 1981 assasination attempt by John Hinckley, Jr.

On a personal note: I've seen Reagan's 'Brass Bancroft' films and they are pretty rotten.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »

Here's an interesting bit of film trivia Wikipedia is spotlighting on their homepage today:

Ronald Reagan considered CODE OF THE SECRET SERVICE (1939) as "the worst film I ever made. "Never has an egg of such dimensions been laid." Reagan like to tell the story of how a theater ticket taker told him he should be ashamed of himself for making such a terrible movie.

However, little Jerry Parr saw it many times and thought it was just dandy. The film even inspired him to later join the Secret Service.

It was Parr who was credited in saving Reagan's life during the 1981 assasination attempt by John Hinckley, Jr.

On a personal note: I've seen Reagan's 'Brass Bancroft' films and they are pretty rotten.

I nice bit of irony there.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 11:36:08 PM »

There's lots of ROTTEN RONALD REAGAN movies. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
claws
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 10:44:25 AM »

Universal was giving John Hughes a hard time because his movie Sixteen Candles wasn't the box office smash they had hoped for. Hughes had just finished work on The Breakfast Club, and was about to film Weird Science.
To show his discomfort with Universal John Hughes wore shirts with a Paramount logo while shooting Weird Science.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »

Ye-es, though I do not know how well known or not this trivia is.

John Wayne was originally offered the role of Marshal Matt Dillon in the TV show "Gunsmoke," but turned it down and instead suggested James Arness, who he had worked with in several previous films, and who accepted the part.

Thus, giving James Arness his best known role, but that meant the role was not offered to William Conrad who had voiced the role of Marshal Matt Dillon in the radio series "Gunsmoke." But do not feel too bad for Mr. Conrad, as he had his own his hit TV series in "Cannon." Which was a spinoff from "Barnaby Jones," which starred . . .

Buddy Ebsen who had his own TV hit with "Davy Crockett" on "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color." But before that, Ebsen was the original Tinman in "The Wizard of Oz," but he had to withdraw, because he was allergic to the silver makeup used. So Jack Haley stepped in to play the part. And Jack Haley . . .

Almost everything in Hollywood is connected to something or somebody else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you know...? (Little known movie trivia) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.