Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:39:48 PM
714347 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you know...? (Little known movie trivia) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Did you know...? (Little known movie trivia)  (Read 13022 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »

Don Packard, who played the shopkeeper in Troll 2, was a mental patient on a day pass. He wasn't acting.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »

When the wardrobe department was looking for a coat for Frank Morgan (Professor Marvel / The Wizard), they decided they wanted one that looked like it had once been elegant but had since "gone to seed". They visited a second-hand store and purchased an entire rack of coats, from which Morgan, the head of the wardrobe department, and director Victor Fleming chose one they felt gave off the perfect appearance of "shabby gentility". One day, while he was on set in the coat, Morgan idly turned out one of the pockets and discovered a label indicating that the coat had been made for L. Frank Baum. Mary Mayer, a unit publicist for the film, contacted the tailor and Baum's widow, who both verified that the coat had at one time been owned by the author of the original "Wizard of Oz" books. After the filming was completed, the coat was presented to Mrs. Baum.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 09:59:46 PM »

Clerks.- Apparently it cost more to produce the soundtrack to the movie than it cost to produce the entire film. 

Ghostbusters- John Candy was originally intended to portray Louis Tully.  He was unable to commit, and Rick Moranis took over.  Harold Ramis initially had no interest in portraying Egon.  The role was offered to Chevy Chase, who turned it down.  They also considered Christopher Lloyd and Jeff Goldblum for the role.  Also, Winston Zeddemore was to be portrayed by Eddie Murphy, and the role was much bigger.  But, Eddie had started filming Beverly Hills Cop, and was unable to do both.  And, an odd side story to Ghostbusters: When the cartoon was getting produced, Ernie Hudson had auditioned to voice Winston on the show.  The producers had informed him that he wasn't right for it, even though he portrayed it in the movie.  They gave it to Arsenio Hall.

Beetlejuice- Tim Burton's original choice for the role of Beetlejuice was Sammy Davis Jr.  However, producers talked him into using Michael Keaton instead.  And, apparently, there's an unproduced sequel script floating around entitled Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
claws
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 01:26:49 AM »

The Last Temptation of Christ: When Martin Scorsese was planning the movie (around 1983), he wanted to cast Vanity as Mary Magdalene.

venomx
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »

Don Packard, who played the shopkeeper in Troll 2, was a mental patient on a day pass. He wasn't acting.

Cool! Thanks for the info, Andy. I need to watch Troll 2 now lol... that's creepy.

Small | Large
BTM

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »

Did you learn that watching Best Worst Movie?  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »

Did you learn that watching Best Worst Movie?  :)

Actually no. I read it online somewhere. I do want to see Best Worst Movie though.

---------------------
venomx
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »

Just got done watching it. Man, that was bad... really bad... I loved it.  Smile
That crazy goth lady looked really hot after she summoned her true power from the stones.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »

That crazy goth lady looked really hot after she summoned her true power from the stones.

I liked her before, during the hotness and even the no-so-hot scene at the end.  TongueOut

venomx
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 01:16:14 PM »

Yeah... you're right. She was hot throughout the whole movie... just not in troll form lol. Twirling
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »

Huh. I thought I was the only one who thought she was hot at the beginning. I'd say that was her best look, although some oral hygiene would have been an improvement.

---------------------
venomx
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 05:50:09 PM »

Nope. I bet even Grampa Seth would jump that. Twirling
Hammock Rider

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »

From the IMDB regarding Cliffhanger:

Carolco had originally signed Sylvester Stallone to appear opposite John Candy in a comedy directed by John Hughes about feuding neighbors. When the project was dropped, Stallone was persuaded to appear in Cliffhanger.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 09:12:14 AM »

The 2010 movie Tooth Fairy, starring Dwayne Johnson, was originally written for Arnold Schwarzenegger in the early 90s, under the title "Sweet Tooth." Arnold opted to make The Last Action Hero instead.

---------------------
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you know...? (Little known movie trivia) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.