Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:28:18 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Osama bin Laden killed « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden killed  (Read 11778 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 03:34:35 AM »

This is AWESOME!  Drink

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 04:47:51 AM »

Almost ten years. It seemed like they'd never get him.

Don't know how much of a setback this is to terrorism, but I do feel a sense of relief at the news.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 06:17:43 AM »

Kind of hard to take much solace in this ten years after 9/11, but it's good he's dead anyway.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 07:25:52 AM »

Congrats to President Obama

What does Obama have to do with it?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 07:54:34 AM »

He's the Commander in Chief and thus a de facto member of the US Military.  Any military success is his success, by definition.  He authorized the action; if it had failed in some way, he'd get the blame.  It succeeded, so he gets the back-pats and high fives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:56 AM »

Obama killed him! He just walked into a cave with an M16 and blew his brains on the floor!

Yeah, no.

Whenever the US military accomplishes something Obama gets the credit. Obama was busy making fun of Donald Trump while someone else was blowing up Bin Laden.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:45 AM »

Obama killed him! He just walked into a cave with an M16 and blew his brains on the floor!

Yeah, no.

Whenever the US military accomplishes something Obama gets the credit. Obama was busy making fun of Donald Trump while someone else was blowing up Bin Laden.

Obama gave the order.  Same thing every U.S. President does.  I seem to remember Bush getting a lot of praise when Hussein was captured.  In fact, Bush's quote was "We got him."  Not, "Our forces got him."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »

And there was much rejoicing!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
dean

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »

Call me a cynic but this whole thing is a bit of an anti-climax and I can't help but feel that it's a shame he couldn't have been brought in alive.  Would've been much better PR. 

It all smacks of an assassination/hitsquad rather than seeking justice.  Sure the two aren't too far apart sometimes but still, as good as it is that OBL's gone, something just doesn't sit right with me about the whole thing.  Not sure what it is exactly.

Anyways, congrats on finally getting the a-hole, the world is a better place without such a spreader of hate in the world.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Raffine

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 09:05:02 AM »

It was incredible watching this story unfold last night. There was a ticker running that President Obama would be speaking soon. Then the big news, Obama's speech, and then the crowds gathering around the country.

Watching the celebrating crowds in NYC and Washington DC grow spontaneously from a few dozen to thousands in a matter of a hour or so was a sight most Americans have never witnessed.

On the other hand, America didn't get to find out if The Donald fired Star or NeNe.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
akiratubo

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 09:25:31 AM »

He's the Commander in Chief and thus a de facto member of the US Military.  Any military success is his success, by definition.  He authorized the action; if it had failed in some way, he'd get the blame.  It succeeded, so he gets the back-pats and high fives.

Obama gave the order.  Same thing every U.S. President does.  I seem to remember Bush getting a lot of praise when Hussein was captured.  In fact, Bush's quote was "We got him."  Not, "Our forces got him."

Meh, whatever.  Osama's death isn't really going to change anything, but it makes people feel better, I guess.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »

I detested the Bush administration, and I detest the Obama administration, but even a cynic like I can rejoice a little at a moment like this.

I do, however, still want my country back.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

I do, however, still want my country back.

Indeed.

I just finished watching a history program with my children with attention given to William Penn and Benjamin Franklin.  Some of the quotes given were quite amazing, and would be quite timely now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »

I heard the news this morning on the radi (I don't watch the news, normally about depressing things or celebrities doing crap I don't care about), so I was surprised about this anoucment.  It's actually good hear something positive for change.  Hooray!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 11:24:07 AM »

I'm glad he's dead but I can't help but feel sorry for the 72 virgins he gets. The poor things have probably all got some kind of funky beard rash by now.

On the news several people who lost someone in the 9/11 attack said they finally felt a sense of closure. Some Americans who lost no one in the attack but still felt affected by it felt the same way. And I'm sure this deals a severe blow to Al Qeda. So I think this is a good thing.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Osama bin Laden killed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.