Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:09:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Bin Laden Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Bin Laden Dead  (Read 50496 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »

He finally got what he deserved,  you all can think what you may, but bin laden's death brings closure to a lot of the relatives of those  who died on 9/11.

You wouldn't find me jumping for joy at his death, but if he were alive and prison it would cause constant unrest until he died even of natural causes. 

They did give him a proper muslim burial, and they did it at sea to keep any of his followers from building a shrine at his burial place.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »

Ask your grandparents how they felt when Hitler bit the dust, Doggett. 
It's very similar for us today.

I think the winning or the war was the relief. And I'm not too sure this is it. In fact, it could even get worse. I would've prefered Bin Laden to have waved the white flag or something. Anything to encourage extremists to think about or change their ways.

I still feel very uncomfortable about all this.

I can never be happy about a person's death.

Im with Dogget on this one. I'm also genuinley creeped out about how much people are getting off to the death of a human being. Did he do terrible things? sure. Does his death FIX any of those terrible things? No. This just shows that humanity has made no progress whatsoever and are still the blood-thirsty "eye for an eye" race that theyve been since the day man first existed. I'm actually scared, guys.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »

Small | Large
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 02:20:46 PM »

I passed the Toronto Sun box on my way to the post office earlier today and, true to form, they have a pic of Bin Laden on the front page, with the headline "ROT IN HELL!" in bold letters three or four inches high. Always sensational and utterly tasteless. Gotta love the Sun.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 02:26:14 PM »

For the record, I don't believe in an eye for an eye.  I belive in two eyes for one eye much like Bas Rutten once said.   I will celebrate this man's death and the death of all others like him. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »

Did anybody else notice that ALL of Dr. Strangelove's postings in this thread have been deleted?  A habit he had under other names: stir everybody up (even those who might agree with him) and then delete his posts.  It's cowardly.

Doggett: you can see in my second posting in this thread that I don't think celebrating death is something I enjoy or approve of either.  But if I said I felt sorry for OSAMA BIN ASKIN FOR IT... I'd be lying.  I am not sorry for that murderous megalomaniac.  Good riddance! 
Not just deleted.  He seems to have gone to Guest status. 
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »

Did anybody else notice that ALL of Dr. Strangelove's postings in this thread have been deleted?  A habit he had under other names: stir everybody up (even those who might agree with him) and then delete his posts.  It's cowardly.

This was action by me.  I banned the account and deleted all posts that were not topic starters.  The only reason for not deleting all of his posts is to keep from entirely removing topics.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
venomx
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:25 PM »

Cool... I read the news early today... so we finally got him. It's about damn time. Hooah!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »

Great comments from everyone.
I believe in justice, ultimately.  While his death does not "fix" anything, it is a matter of enormous symbolism for both sides in this ongoing war.  And it was just.  There are some crimes so horrific that the life of the criminal is the only balanced and symmetrical response to the enormity of their crime.
And, the quick burial at sea prevents his gravesite from becoming a shrine . . . although frankly, I would rather see him buried beneath a urinal in Central Park.

But, since I believe in a just God, I have no doubt that bin Laden is enjoying new accommodations that are also just and fair in proportion to the life he lived at the moment.

Which is, I think, what THE SUN expressed, albeit a bit more crudely.

And Andrew, thanks very much.  That guy was poison.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »

This day. as controversial as it is, is also a day of closure.

Those of America's Armed Forces, and our Allies who gave their lives alongside them can truly Rest In Peace, knowing that your mission has finally been accomplished.

And to the 9\11 victims, and all people who either died in, or survived every attack since 9\11, may you also find your closure, be you still with us on Earth or among the stars with your fellow victims.  Rest now, gentle souls.

And finally, I raise my glass to Bin Laden:

May the 72 Virgin Brides you've been rewarded with actually be a bunch of guys, and may you spend your eternity getting butt-fu*ked by them over and over again, with a pack of camels taking over for them every now and then.

Enjoy hell, motherfu*ker   Smile

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:32 PM »

This was action by me.  I banned the account and deleted all posts that were not topic starters.  The only reason for not deleting all of his posts is to keep from entirely removing topics.
In this instance, apparently Dr. Strangelove did not delete his posts in this thread.  I was wrong, as it was a necessary action by the webmaster.  I must apologize to the banned individual's memory since I did say he was "cowardly" here.  Well, he wasn't cowardly here... but elsewhere?  Well, the trail is there for any interested party, though it's now cold.  This individual deceived all of us, sadly.  There were real contributions to be made by this former member.  I think it's sad as I liked... not BarackClinton, but that first fellow. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »

I'm stumped.  What "former member" do you think was masquerading as Barack Clinton, and then Dr. Strangelove?

Please tell me it wasn't CHEEZEFLIX!! Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 05:19:48 AM »

Dumped him in the ocean,eh? Shoulda flushed him down the toilet. Piece of sh1t excuse for a human being. Good riddance to bad garbage.

I just hope some poor shark didn't eat him...might make the shark sick.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 07:03:08 AM »

I'm stumped.  What "former member" do you think was masquerading as Barack Clinton, and then Dr. Strangelove?

I'm confused as well.  Sounds interesting, but I always seem to miss out on the good controversies   BounceGiggle 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »

And now that the biggest game of all has been bagged and tagged, the White House wants us to go on their "word" that Bin Laden is actually dead. 

Personally, I feel they should show them. 

Sure, the hatred coming from the Middle East and Pakistan at this time ( and the amount of controversy arising from his killing) is some proof that it's true, but some visual confirmation would be nice too.   Sometimes word is not enough.

But the feeling is is that doing so would incite more anger and all that stuff, so apparently we'll never get to see it. Seems the White House more interested in keeping Al Qaeda and The Taliban pacified than proving his word to the American people.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Bin Laden Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.