Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:27:02 AM
714312 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 10 Worst Actors/Actresses « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Top 10 Worst Actors/Actresses  (Read 8475 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: May 02, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »

I'm just kind of curious to see what members of the forum will submit. So, regardless of gender, who would you put as all-time worst actors? You can apply whatever spin you like (so-bad-he/she-is-good, just plain horrible, they annoy the p**s out of you, etc), but I'd like to see your top 10, and, preferrably, why they are there.

I'll submit mine when I've given it some thought, but I wanted to post the thread while it was fresh on my mind.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »

Shia LaBouf
Adam Sandler
Orlando Bloom
Keira Knightly
Megan Fox
Julia Robrts
Bill Pulman
Jessica Biel
Ryan Reynolds
Jessica Alba

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »

first a couple of controversial choices

Al Pacino - would go as far as to say he's a poor actor. Hammy in Donnie Brasco and even hammier in Scarface

Ed Norton - this won't go down well, but i am totally unconvinced by any role I've seen him in. I don't believe his face.

now 3 superstar losers, that I point blank refuse to watch any film they're in

Leonardo Di Caprio - charisma vacuum
Jonny Depp - overrated sell-out
Ben Affleck - bland

some alledged 'comedy' heroes...

Jack Black
Seth Rogan
-  both these guys, irritating to the point of making me feel physically ill, and totally unfunny.

hmm...better chuck a chick in here for the sake of equality...

Sarah Michelle Gellar - rubbish

for just plain bad acting though, I would probably choose Sly Stallone - although I actually like him

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »

Adam Sandler
was going to put him but I can't deny that I liked him in Happy Gilmore

agree about Jessica Alba though. bland, acting and looks as well IMO. don't get the whole 'gorgeous babe' thing with her. not ugly but...

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:05:11 PM »

Tor Johnson
Rob Schneider
Paris Hilton
Jack Black
Ashton Kutcher
Steven Segal
Pauly Shore
Hulk Hogan
Tom Arnold
Tom Green

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:18 AM »

Adam Sandler isn't a bad actor at all. Sure most of his comedies particularly from the 90s are guilty pleasures, but he has since proven that he has serious acting chops. Films like Punch Drunk Love, Click, Reign Over Me and to a lesser extent Spanglish. Jim Carey is another over the top comedian with loads of talent to burn. 

Another similar case can be mounted for Van Danm. In the 80s and 90s its fair to say he wasn't much of an actor, but his performance in JCVD a few years ago changed the perception of many. 

I'd agree with guys like Shia LaBouf, Hulk Hogan, Rob Schneider and Steven Segal though.

I'm glad nobody has mentioned Arnie or Sly because whist they are not the best actors in the world, there far from terrible although the quality does vary from film to film. 
peter johnson

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »

Oh, this seems like such a crap category - All of the original names listed here have done good work - The real problem with identifying "Bad Actors" is to separate them from "Bad Directors" - See, an actor is basically a slave, or should be a slave, to a director's vision.  Actors should do as they are told.  If they are being told poo, they will reflect poo - This is the real actor's lot.  A genuine Bad Actor would be someone who, after hearing repeated explanations from the director, still went ahead with their own "vision" of what was going on, for good or ill -

peter - yeah, I act . . .

I have no idea what this means.
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 01:21:40 AM »

A genuine Bad Actor would be someone who, after hearing repeated explanations from the director, still went ahead with their own "vision" of what was going on, for good or ill -

Huh? If a actor is receiving poor instructions from a director or perhaps have a fragile working relationship then that very actor who decides to guide themselves for good rather then for bad wouldn't reflect the directors intentions because they've taking it beyond themselves to creating there own vision which isn't a reflection of bad acting because of the man in charge.   
claws
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 02:45:22 AM »

Victoria Tennant
Ashton Kutcher
Ryan Phillippe
Diana Scarwid
Keanu Reeves
Lou Ferrigno
Brad Pitt
Paris Hilton
Owen Wilson
Vince Vaughn
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 05:11:52 AM »

1.Adam Sandler
2.Pauly Shore
3.Ashton Kuchar
4.Jim Belushi
5.Paris Hilton
6.Rob Shneider
7.Leonardo Decaprio
8.Val Kilmer
9. Jean Claude Van Damme
10.Tom Green

I noticed that bob included Tor Johnson.
Granted-he IS a terrible actor-but he's so fun to watch! Most of his lines are composed of "ARRRGHHH!" anyway...not much you can do with that... Wink

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 06:54:23 AM »

I'm glad nobody has mentioned Arnie or Sly because whist they are not the best actors in the world, there far from terrible although the quality does vary from film to film. 

Sly isn't that bad an actor, although I think the original Rocky was the last time he played anything I might take seriously as acting. I wouldn't count Arnie because he never really claimed to be much of an actor. Action heroes kind of belong in a different class.

I find it very hard to come up with a list of ten. When we do the Top 100 lists, it's easy to toss out one name at a time, as they spring to mind. Coming up with ten, and only ten, who I really do consider the worst - that's hard.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »

I'm glad nobody has mentioned Arnie or Sly
except I did. - in attention-grabbing 'bold type' no less  TeddyR

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »

Some input on some of the names given already.

This is a highly subjective thread. I knew that going in. I was genuinely interested in what members would say. DCA, for example, listed a number of people whom he finds annoying, but some of whom I think are fine actors.

I'm pleased to see Paris Hilton listed a number of times, as she truly is free of talent of any kind and has no business holding any fame.

As for Adam Sandler, I've always had mixed feelings about him. I would not call him a strong actor, but does have the potential to be compelling at times. This doesn't erase the rather large load of crap he has turned out as well. He is more miss than hit for me, but he has hit very hard on occasion.

I don't agree that Leonardo DiCaprio is a poor actor. I think that's more of a "I don't like he, he annoys me" kind of thing. "Overrated" is a matter of opinion, surely. I would never call him a bad actor, however.

Pauly Shore is atrociously bad. Watching anything he has done is, for me, a mixture of "so-bad-it's-good" and just uncomfortably embarassing. Note: my wife was a extra in Bio-Dome, and any time I see it on cable I try to find the big party scene in which she is highly visible in her bikini in a couple of quick shots.

I do think Val Kilmer is overrated. I wouldn't put him in the same category as some of these others, but he's been riding on Doc Holiday for far too long.

Keanu Reeves will definately top my list when I post it. Nobody can convince me that he deserves his fame. He really has no talent and, aside from Point Break and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, which are somewhat guilty pleasures for me, I can't watch anything he is in.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 04:08:34 PM »

A guy like John Wayne may not be technically the best actor ever, but he's good in most of the roles he plays and he's plenty entertaining. The same can be said for Jackie Chan.  I don't think he'll be doing King Lear any time soon but he makes funny action-comedies that I really enjoy and he does well in those types of movie roles. You can say the same for Arnie or Stallone. To me, the worst actors are the ones that just bore me.

Keanu Reeves ( Well Duh, dood!)

Paris Hilton ( Even her sex tape was boring)

Megan Fox (I'm pretty sure she's just a CGI creation. She has the souless eyes of a Polar Express character.)

Caspar Van Dien ( Pretty boy extrordinaire)

Joan Crawford ( Her later campier stuff is fun but only because she's hamming it up so much. Overall she's pretty terrible. I could never watch her in a straight role)

Sarah Michelle Gellar ( Neither attractive nor talented she consistently made movies for years. Thanks a million, fanboys)

Tim Allen ( Wilson's fence had more charisma)

Courteney Cox  ( She made a ton of money out of appearing in a lousy sitcom and a bruce Springstein video. That doesn't make her a good actress.)

Channing Tatum ( Luckily he won't be around much longer.)

Gwyneth Paltrow (She's a smug, over-rated country-singer wannabee.)

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 04:49:26 PM »

1.Adam Sandler
2.Pauly Shore
3.Ashton Kuchar
4.Jim Belushi
5.Paris Hilton
6.Rob Shneider
7.Leonardo Decaprio
8.Val Kilmer
9. Jean Claude Van Damme
10.Tom Green

I noticed that bob included Tor Johnson.
Granted-he IS a terrible actor-but he's so fun to watch! Most of his lines are composed of "ARRRGHHH!" anyway...not much you can do with that... Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZJjOYth3I

Yeah he is. I also noticed we listed a lot of the same people, great minds think alike.

Cheers  Thumbup  Thumbup  Cheers

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 10 Worst Actors/Actresses « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.