Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:44:42 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best band(s) from the First Wave of Black Metal « previous next »
Poll
Question: What are the best First Wave Black Metal bands?
Venom - 3 (16.7%)
Mercyful Fate - 3 (16.7%)
Celtic Frost - 2 (11.1%)
Bathory - 4 (22.2%)
Tormentor - 1 (5.6%)
Bulldozer - 1 (5.6%)
Hellhammer - 2 (11.1%)
Death SS - 1 (5.6%)
Sarcofago - 0 (0%)
Blasphemy - 0 (0%)
Sabbat - 1 (5.6%)
Treblinka - 0 (0%)
Mortruary Drape - 0 (0%)
Necrovore - 0 (0%)
Mefisto - 0 (0%)
Other (Please Specify) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best band(s) from the First Wave of Black Metal  (Read 4876 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 24, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »

This thread probably ain't gonna last very long. But I have to ask: out of all the bands from the First Wave of Black Metal, which ones among you metalheads deserve to be praised/recieve better recognition?
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:23:06 PM »

I chose Bathory. His first 3 albums are great raw thrashy black metal, and then his Viking stuff is also amazing. But he had that one awful retro thrash style album. Venom is kinda overrated, but I like they're first and 2nd album. Iv'e only heard one Celtic Frost album but they're great. I'm honestly more of a 2nd wave person.

voltron

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »

I voted Venom because they're like an evil Motorhead. Celtic Frost's "To Mega Therion" is a brilliant album that combined death, black, and doom into one unforgettable package. Death SS were great. The only Bathory album I've heard was "Under The Sign Of The Black Mark", but it was quite good as well.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »

Under the sign of the Black Mark is an amazing album, you should listen to "Blood Fire Death". Its kinda a more epic UTSOTBM. To Mega Therion is the Celtic frost album iv'e hear. But your right its a lot more than black metal.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:43:23 AM »

I'm not really into Black Metal, but I do think Bathory were amazing for that genre.

Small | Large

Badass track from a badass album.

I do prefer The Return Of Darkness & Evil though, the title track has one of the best endings to a record ever!

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »

I voted for a few. I've never been too interested in all the metal categories. Metal is metal to me. I was into hard metal of all kinds in high school. One of my favorite shows was Slayer with D.R.I opening in 1985. Venom of Celtic Frost were two I listened to alot back then.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »

I don't really think you can class Sabbat as part of the "first wave" (or even black metal), their first record was out in '88 and they're a thrash band...

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »

Have any of you guys heard a new band called Ghost? They are great and an amazing live band. Real traditional black metal.

I know this has little to do with the poll, but thought I should mention it as those of you who do enjoy black metal should give them a listen.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »

Have any of you guys heard a new band called Ghost? They are great and an amazing live band. Real traditional black metal.

I know this has little to do with the poll, but thought I should mention it as those of you who do enjoy black metal should give them a listen.

Yeah, I have. Their debut album popped up on my recommendations list on Amazon. It had a lot of positive reviews so I gave it a listen and it was pretty good from what I heard. I wasn't that keen on the vocalist, but they had a very groovy 70s quality with the keyboards used to pretty good effect.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »

there's a band from Japan called Ghost who are also very grovvy and 70's ish oops!

Small | Large
[
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 07:23:01 AM »

Small | Large

This I believe is their first ever gig. They come on to the music from Eyes Wide Shut every time.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best band(s) from the First Wave of Black Metal « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.