Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:48 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Closer Look: Lead codices, spending cuts, and the deficit problem « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Closer Look: Lead codices, spending cuts, and the deficit problem  (Read 4323 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: April 16, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »

Closer Look: Lead codices, spending cuts, and the deficit problem 
...Last time around we took on Donald Trump, Alan Greenspan, and BP. (It might not shock you to learn that none of their claims fared all that well.) This time, we'll take a look at lead codices that some say could shed light on early Christian history; claims about spending cuts in the budget just passed by Congress; and an assertion by President Obama about the origins of our deficit problem... 

...The origins of our deficit problem: In his speech on deficit reduction Wednesday, President Obama declared: "America's finances were in great shape by the year 2000. We went from deficit to surplus.  America was actually on track to becoming completely debt-free, and we were prepared for the retirement of the Baby Boomers."

Is that an accurate picture of how things stood at the turn of the century? Actually, yes. In 2000, we had a budget surplus of $230 billion, and both President Clinton and President Bush expressed confidence that the U.S. national debt could be paid off in full by 2010.

Were we prepared for the retirement of the Baby Boomers? "We were in a better position to deal with the Medicare changes that were coming," Stan Collender, a leading expert on the U.S. budget process who has run federal budget policy for two major international accounting firms told The Lookout. "Certainly the resources existed [thanks to the surplus] that don't exist now."

Of course, the budget gap widened quickly from there, starting with the $1.5 trillion Bush tax cuts of 2001, and continuing right up to the $787 billion Obama stimulus bill of 2009. Plenty of other budget-busting developments also played a role--including the Medicare prescription drug benefit, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the economic downturn and attendant hit to tax revenue.

All in all, Collender said, Obama's assessment is "absolutely accurate." So for the first time in the short history of Closer Look, we're going to give this claim our highest accuracy rating: airtight... 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110415/ts_yblog_thelookout/closer-look-lead-codices-spending-cuts-and-the-deficit-problem

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:50:31 PM »

I enjoyed this link. Thanks, AHD.
You're thanking me after knocking me? 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »

...If I knocked you on another post it doesn't mean I must automatically and instantly hate and attack everything you say or do, I can praise where it's called for and damn in other cases.

I'm not newt ginggich, who at the beginning of the libyan revolt said he'd use american military power to immediately and unilaterally establish a no fly zone in lybia to protect the rebels and bomb khadaffy forces attacking them, then a few days later when president obama did exactly what gingrich said he'd have done as president criticised and attacked him for doing it. I do not have to reflexively attack someone who I have some disagreements with on some issues. This post was fine, I liked it and appluaded you for it.
You're not Newt Gingrich, but you are... eh, nevermind.  You certainly go there with the irrelevant political commentary - just like that BarackClinton whom you had once again pretended you don't know.
You somehow found your way to a thread where a briefly-registered member named BarackClinton a frequent guest contributor that a long term member had described as a "sock puppet" account, was knocked by me for being nothing but a muckraker and a FRONT.  You responded by knocking me and calling me "dick".  Here's what you wrote: "So you're proud of taking away a users only praise? Dick."    I didn't like that much.  You certainly seemed to take it PERSONALLY.  So, I don't "hate" you either, but, if you don't own your actions, you are a fraud.  Be aware that though the forum moderators may turn a blind eye to you, I know who you are and who you were.  But I wish you Peace. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 08:37:25 PM »

The Lead Codices piece was interesting - my friend ER sent it to me last week.  The two main issues appear to be: 1.  Do they really date to the First Century? and 2. Are they genuine?  The archeologists involved are being very cautious, since several high profile biblical relics have turned out to be either hoaxes (the James Ossuary) or overly hyped non-discoveries (the Talpiot Tombs).

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »

...You bragged about kicking someone who was down and couldn't reply. I find that despicable.
Don't y'mean down... and out?  Oh!  "...couldn't reply...!"  I had no idea that BarackClinton couldn't reply.  Thank you for proving my point.  You were banned and you're back.  It is personal.  How could you read all that I wrote, not deny any of it, and just focus on that one "despicable" piece?    Because you're walking a tightrope.  Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:07:03 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »

The thread said he'd been banned. Maybe you should have read it.
The operative word is banned.  Maybe I should have read it?  BounceGiggle  I've forgotten about it.  But... I don't forget bad manners or fraud. 

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 10:55:31 PM »

The thread said he'd been banned. Maybe you should have read it.
The operative word is banned.  Maybe I should have read it?  BounceGiggle  I've forgotten about it.  But... I don't forget bad manners or fraud. 

Why is there a picture of me ?

Oh, right...

Its not.

I'm cornelius.

Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »

Fine, AHD. You have my word I will absolutely never leave you positive feedback again. Happy?
You can't avoid who you are, though you avoid 99% of what I've written.  It's so damning I might wonder... why?  I know it gets yer drawers in a bind that I figured you out so quickly and so easily.  But that's because your nature is to tip your hand.  Your smoke won't fool anyone as long as I'm around.  You fraud.   

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Closer Look: Lead codices, spending cuts, and the deficit problem « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.