Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:56:29 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  May 21st « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Author Topic: May 21st  (Read 34631 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 01:11:18 PM »

How can it end in 2011 AND 2011.  I'm so confused Twirling

Modify.

BounceGiggle

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »

How can it end in 2011 AND 2012.  I'm so confused Twirling
Ugh, sorry

s**t hits the fan in 2011 and the world gets destroyed completely in 2012. BOOM! Winning!

venomx
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 06:32:45 PM »

Funny... I just read something about this the other day. Dec 21 2012, May 21 2011... I wonder...
movie masochist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »

Do any of you know about this?  Obviously when Jesus calls up all his followers they are going to leave a lot of pets behind.  I wish I was this smart of an entrepreneur. This is for real, check it out.
http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

www.thebestbadmovies.com   Only the best of the worst
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »

I know I probably invited it with the topic, I was mainly just curious if this was local or more widespread.

I researched it further are found that there is a guy responsible for it who made the same prediction in 1994, and when it didn't come to pass he said he had miscalculated.

I'll quote The Chuch Lady: How convenient.

I saw this one actually on yahoo news. The same guy who has predicted May 21st has actually predicted the end of the world three times before and each time was, well, we are still here so a fizzle.

The thing is, his believers from what I understand have spread this word not only across the USA but also internationally and are convincing people even in other countries that the end of the world is scheduled for 8 days from this posting. From a religious standpoint I am always skeptical as a Christian when people say they know when the end of the world is because the same Bible that they use to prove the end time is next Tuesday also says in Mark 13:32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert[e]! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. " So if no-one knows how did this guy figure it out?

May 21st isn't a good time for me either my daughter is (according to the Dr.s) supposed to be born the day after that.

I'll also specify here before people get creeped out by the Bible passage above that I am an American too, which means I respect the rights of others to/or not to practice religion. Which means no tirades are forthcoming towards aetheists from my end.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »

If I start preaching my atheist ideals and inform everyone what I think of Christianity and this "Judgment Day" crap will I get bad karma?
Not if you do it in a way that's adult and respectful of other's beliefs. But it's a dangerous area and I'm sure Andrew would prefer people not get into religious arguments on his bad movies board.
That's right.  

I still have somewhere a pamphlet I got years ago, entitled 88 REASONS WHY THE RAPTURE WILL BE IN 1988.
These guys drive me nuts.  Jesus plainly said that "Of that day and hour no man knoweth," and in a different passage
"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has fixed by his own authority."
Whatever you think of the faith, this isn't Biblical Christianity.
Exactly! Why can't these people get that through their heads?
Youth.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:21:51 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »

This guy's fairly convinced it's doomsday:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/14/new-york-man-spends-life-savings-ahead-21-doomsday/?test=latestnews

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »

I understand that because it's judgement day he won't need the money, but because it's judgement day all the ads will be destroyed and everyone's going to die and there's nothing anyone can do about it, so what's the point of putting ads up!?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »

t's the end of the world as we know it-and I feel fine.
Except I hate the REM song...and I got too much sh1t to do. So I'll by pass it. Might end for them.
f**k em.

Small | Large

f**k these a***oles who's only purpose in life is to scare deluded idiots. If theres's a hell below-they'll go.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »

My old grandpa used to say... Theres a sucker born every minute, and 3 SOB's waiting to fleece him.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/21-judgment-day-profiting-doomsayers/story?id=13612172&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dd2a7082efb5b35%2C0

Small | Large

Sorry no video, its an obscure song off an obscure album. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »

I must remove this man's genitalia so that he cannot breed and create more stupid people like him.

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 06:29:48 PM »

Nope nothing here.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 06:58:12 AM »

Only three days left.   Bluesad 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »

venomx
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »

I think Gamera will save us... I'm not afraid.

All joking aside. I hope all is well on May 21 and the same with Dec 2012.

Can you imagine though... if something BIG happens. WTF do we all do?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  May 21st « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.