Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:22:59 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Highlander II: The Quickening Vs. Highlander: The Source - WORST HIGHLANDER « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which Highlander is worse?
Highlander II: The Quickening - 4 (80%)
Highlander: The Source - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Highlander II: The Quickening Vs. Highlander: The Source - WORST HIGHLANDER  (Read 4827 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 06, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »

MY vote is "The Source". Worst ending, EVER!

akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »

Never seen The Source, but Highlander 2 isn't bad at all.  One of the most entertaining movies ever made.

"Hey, buddy, got a light?"

BOOM!

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:50:18 PM »

I don't think Highlander II was a good sequel to Highlander, but I think once you take it out and put it by itself, it's a pretty good movie, and it's certainly more fun than The Source. 
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »

My only experience with these two movies are from Spoony's reviews of them.  However, looking at both movies and what he explained about them, I would say The Source is worse.  It violates almost everything established in the series and is extremely poorly made as well.  Then again it was a Skiffy channel production so...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »

I've seen them both....and I can't choose.....actually, I conditioned myself to forget every Highlander sequel..
Wait a minute...what are we talking about again? There are no sequels to Highlander, you silly goose.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »

I've seen them both....and I can't choose.....actually, I conditioned myself to forget every Highlander sequel..
Wait a minute...what are we talking about again? There are no sequels to Highlander, you silly goose.
Not even the cartoon series? 
Cthulhu

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »

What cartoon series?
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 01:39:11 PM »

What cartoon series?
The s**tty cartoon that was made into a s**tty Jaguar CD video game. Oh wait, that's right! Jaguar CD doesn't work!

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 01:40:54 PM »

Highlander 3 was okay. The Quickening just seemed to puke all over everything that was good about the first film. I haven't seen "The Source", but seeing as it was made in 2007, there's absolutely no chance that I ever will.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »

Highlander 3 was okay. The Quickening just seemed to puke all over everything that was good about the first film. I haven't seen "The Source", but seeing as it was made in 2007, there's absolutely no chance that I ever will.

It aired on Sci-F- oh I'm sorry! Syfy, for a few months then died in a hole. Or rather a DVD discount bin. Guess which movie has no chance of being upgraded to Blu-Ray!

Cthulhu

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »

What cartoon series?
The s**tty cartoon that was made into a s**tty Jaguar CD video game. Oh wait, that's right! Jaguar CD doesn't work!
[/quote
......What cartoon series?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 01:48:34 PM »

Small | Large

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »

I haven't seen "The Source", but seeing as it was made in 2007, there's absolutely no chance that I ever will.

It probably should stay that way.  Even the effects not in CGI are horrendous, even though there is a surprising balance of both.  In case you ever get a weird feeling to watch it, just look at this review and save yourself a load of time.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/12/06/highlander-the-source-review/

Even the music is bad and that takes skill:

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 12:39:19 PM »

I voted for The Quickening because of the crappy explanation for the Immortals. They're from another planet? A planet full of skateboarding assassins? The original did just fine without explaining anything. I liked the mystery of not knowing.If you're going to come up with an explanation it had better be a good one.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »

I voted for The Quickening because of the crappy explanation for the Immortals. They're from another planet? A planet full of skateboarding assassins? The original did just fine without explaining anything. I liked the mystery of not knowing.If you're going to come up with an explanation it had better be a good one.

If they're aliens, why can't they fight on holy ground?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Highlander II: The Quickening Vs. Highlander: The Source - WORST HIGHLANDER « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.