Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:06 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We should all see Reign Of Fire « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: We should all see Reign Of Fire  (Read 6026 times)
J.R.
« on: April 19, 2002, 12:34:14 AM »

Whoa. The trailer and artwork for Reign Of Fire are simply amazing. And it has a great B-movie plot: Dragons unleashed from their underground prisons scorch the Earth and a rag-tag group of survivors (filthy and clothed in rags, of course) fight the winged beasts. Cool.
chris
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 02:05:39 AM »

Yeah, I've been pretty excited about this film since I first heard of it.  A "Post-apocolypse by dragons" movie!  Genius!!  But in the meantime, see FRAILTY.  I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said it's one of the best movies I've seen in my life, and you can see Matthew McConaughey give an amazing performance before he kicks some dragon ass.  I truly believe, come a few years this will be a classic with the likes of Night of the Hunter, The Exorcist and the Omen films in the "religious horror movie" genre.  Oh, I forgot what website I was on, add Exorcist 2 to that list.
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 10:31:53 AM »

I was also impressed by "Reign of Fire's" trailer and posters.  That sucker might be real good.

As for "religious horror movies," might I also add "Wicker Man" and the Christopher Walken "Prophecy" (the first one only - I know nothing of the others, and have heard nothing good.)
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 11:23:08 AM »

What ho? Kind of a take on Kaiju, Eh? Hummm....where can i find a site for this puppy?
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 11:40:54 AM »

Oh, never mind. Found it! Man....this looks good. Could be okey. Reign of fire.com. Check it out!
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2002, 05:37:08 PM »

How about Sentinel? It's this movie about a woman who moves into a house and it turns out the attic is the gateway to hell. Pretty cool.
chris
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2002, 07:58:46 PM »

Sentinel was really good but the critics destroyed it solely because it had real life "freaks" portraying demons from hell.  Wicker Man was awesome, but I dread the future remakes.  And Prophecy was a tad on the ridiculous side (what was a car doing speeding into a wall in the first place?).
Lee
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2002, 01:31:24 PM »

Just saw the trailor for Reign Of Fire yesterday. Looks pretty dang sweet!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2002, 02:25:51 PM »

I am glad everybody liked it. It is something I've wanted to see, since I heard about it last year. Then, again, I've always had a fondness for films that mixed dragonlore with "God Save the Queen," such as "Dragonheart," "Dragonslayer," "Lair of the White Worm," etc. I even want to see it more now, that everbody's opinion of it has been so positive so far. Does anybody know when it is being released in the U.S.?
And as a bit of trivia. The kid who played the title role in "Billy Elliott" was offered a part in "Reign of Fire," but his mother put a kibosh on it. Said his school work was more important then his film career. Isn't that just like a mother? Enjoy!
Cullen
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2002, 06:22:11 PM »

...is the release date, BoyScoutKevin.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 01:25:25 PM »

Thanks, Cullen. I knew I could count on you. And if anybody else sees this, here are some more films that combine dragonlore with "God Save the Queen." "Dragonworld," "Harry Potter," "The Magic Sword," "The Reluctant Dragon," "Stanley's Dragon," and "Willow."
Enjoy!
Pacman000
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 03:50:14 PM »

<HTML>I am glad everybody liked it. It is something I've wanted to see, since I heard about it last year. Then, again, I've always had a fondness for films that mixed dragonlore with "God Save the Queen," such as "Dragonheart," "Dragonslayer," "Lair of the White Worm," etc. I even want to see it more now, that everbody's opinion of it has been so positive so far. Does anybody know when it is being released in the U.S.?
And as a bit of trivia. The kid who played the title role in "Billy Elliott" was offered a part in "Reign of Fire," but his mother put a kibosh on it. Said his school work was more important then his film career. Isn't that just like a mother? Enjoy!</HTML>
Hadn't heard of Lair of the White Worm til now.  Have to keep my eye open for it; it's based on a novel by Bram Stoker.
Reign of Fire is really good, better than it should've been.  Ending's too abrupt tho.
chrisr
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »

I love that movie!
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »

That movie was awful.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 08:04:06 PM »

Lair of the White Worm.  Sounds like a movie about underpants.  Calling Trevor, is that one of yours?  TeddyR

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We should all see Reign Of Fire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.