Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:17:55 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Help! Robot/Android Action Movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help! Robot/Android Action Movie?  (Read 2961 times)
tommex84
On the 8th day God created G.A.Romero
Bad Movie Lover

They're dead, but they're comin' right for us!

« on: May 09, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »

OK here’s the thing. Some time ago I decided to search for the movies I’ve watched when as a kid. There were many movies and I’ve found most of them, but there are still some that I didn’t find. Bluesad So here’s one of them:

-The movie is probably from somewhere between late 70s and early 90s.
-A team of soldiers (US army of course) is send to some jungle (I think) to find out what’s going on and to stop a deranged android.
-In the team is also the guy who programmed it. There is a scene where they meet and he tries to stop him but fails, but the android doesn’t kill him.
-I remember a scene, probably in the beginning where there is a lot of shooting and explosions going on between the team and the android.
-The rest of the movie is (I think) about 1. the team running and hiding from this android who is hunting them down or 2. the android is with them and they are all running and hiding from another team of soldiers, but it is probably the 1. one.
-There is also a scene where the team and some woman they picked along the way are hiding in the jungle in some abandoned building (most likely a hospital).
-1.IMPORTANT CLUE: The android is a US soldier who died long time ago (maybe during the Vietnam War) and was turned into this killing machine by the government.
-2.IMPORTANT CLUE: One of the soldiers from the team is a brother of this dead soldier who is now an android. (we find out later in the movie).
-The final scene of the movie goes something like that: The only survivors are the woman, the android and the soldier (brother of android). The woman and the soldier come to the end of some shallow river or stream and are now standing on top of a high waterfall. The woman jumps of while the soldier is having some final (maybe fight) scene with the android. Then the android says something  about not (can’t) doing this anymore and tells the soldier/his brother to run away and turns on some self-destruct system (or rips his head off). The soldier jumps of the waterfall and the android explodes (or just falls down cause he ripped his head off).
-I think there is also a scene in the end (the final scene before credits) where the woman and the soldier are sitting in a helicopter and flying away from this place.

I know that the 80s were the time when the android movies were most common, but I still hope that there is someone out there who has seen this movie.

Thanks to anyone who’ll respond to this request. Wink

" We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

"Do that again and I'm gonna open up a can of whoop-ass on you!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:28:07 PM »

Sounds a lot like Universal Soldier, but the plot doesn't quite match. Maybe a knock-off?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »

Pretty sure that's Robowar with Reb Brown.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096000/

Ignore the box picture, it's from a completely different movie.

Here it is on youtube:

Small | Large

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
tommex84
On the 8th day God created G.A.Romero
Bad Movie Lover

They're dead, but they're comin' right for us!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »

No it's definitely not Universal Soldier cause I've seen them all.

Thanks to akiratubo for solving this one out. Thumbup
It was Robowars. Good movie but bad android they could do better on his design.

Problem SOLVED  Cheers

" We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

"Do that again and I'm gonna open up a can of whoop-ass on you!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Help! Robot/Android Action Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.