Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:17:12 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Florida Senate outlaws sex « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida Senate outlaws sex  (Read 2404 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: May 12, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »

Right wing ignoramuses  Strike again

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=10369

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »

Oh good grief.

Trek, WHY?  Why post this crap.

That's a reach...I don't think anyone except someone LOOKING for an excuse to be p**sed off is going to interpret "animals" that way.

This thread is flamebait.  Period.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:19:16 AM »

Sorry to offend, but I was just posting something silly,   there is a  link in the article  that actually explains the law.

I don't apologize for the ignoramus statement though, I am very dubious of the character and qualifications of many elected officials. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »

Good, all you dorks that are getting laid need to go to jail anyways. I'll just sit here with my celibacy (as involuntary as it is) and enjoy the solitude. At least I'll have RC to hang out with.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »

I don't apologize for the ignoramus statement though, I am very dubious of the character and qualifications of many elected officials. 

Ignoramuses isn't inflammatory, but "right wing ignoramuses" is.  Are you sure Republicans sponsored and drafted the legislation, and only conservatives supported it?  As far as I know, the left wing is anti-bestiality as well as the right. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 10:42:32 AM »

I love animals.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »

Sorry to offend, but I was just posting something silly,   there is a  link in the article  that actually explains the law.

No offense taken, really...just that the guy that wrote that article is REALLY reaching.  The whole point of his posting is stupid, pointless and sanctimonious.

No one, except some submoronic attention hound "blogger" with a chip on his shoulder perhaps, would assume "animal" in a law like that applies to people.  The whole thing is in attempt to make people angry.

I just think that posting stuff like this HERE is inviting trouble...YOU might mean it as silly, or thought provoking, etc, but the track record is that stuff like this more often than not blows up into something more heated.  It's bad enough when something controversial is posted that has merit on both sides and we try to have a discussion about it and that devolves, but this is just plain stupid.

The link the article itself explains how ridiculous it is to try to interpret the law that way, and posting the article as some sort of de facto evidence of 'right wing ignoramous' behavior is, I maintain, nothing more than flamebait.

How 'bout this?  I'd like to ignore dumb articles like this.  When I see a subject line for a thread that says something that LOOKS like a serious issue about which we should all be aware, I want to read it.  If it is NOT, if it's only a link some ill conceived attempt as self-superiority, like most of that tripe from "Yahoo News" or cracked.dot, could we not PLEASE tag the subject lines with something to that effect?

In this case, rather than "Forida Senate Outlaws Sex," maybe we could have had "Some Dumb-a$$ on the internet with the bare minimal number of working brain cells to support life wrongly interprets a Florida law so he can appear smarter than everyone else in the whole flipping WORLD."

Then, at least, i would have probably recognized the sheer and utter waste of time THIS WHOLE THING was going to turn out to be.

Thank-you, and Good Day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with posting the story itself.  It's quirky and silly.  If Trek hadn't written "right wing" I doubt we'd be having this conversation.   

Probably the proper place for this post would have been "weird news stories" rather than "off topic."  But I don't see a big deal here.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with posting the story itself.  It's quirky and silly.  If Trek hadn't written "right wing" I doubt we'd be having this conversation.   

Probably the proper place for this post would have been "weird news stories" rather than "off topic."  But I don't see a big deal here.

I agree with Rev. This was just a silly, obvious opportunity for some fun, the political barb wasn't really needed, but didn't really warrant a reaction either IMO. We all know that dumb crap comes from all angles, nothing new here. Here we had a chance to make a multitude of beastiality jokes, but the fun was killed once the political angle was thrown in.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 01:34:42 PM »

Sorry to offend, but I was just posting something silly,   there is a  link in the article  that actually explains the law.
No offense taken, really...just that the guy that wrote that article is REALLY reaching.  The whole point of his posting is stupid, pointless and sanctimonious.
No one, except some submoronic attention hound "blogger" with a chip on his shoulder perhaps, would assume "animal" in a law like that applies to people. The whole thing is in attempt to make people angry.
I just think that posting stuff like this HERE is inviting trouble...YOU might mean it as silly, or thought provoking, etc, but the track record is that stuff like this more often than not blows up into something more heated.  It's bad enough when something controversial is posted that has merit on both sides and we try to have a discussion about it and that devolves, but this is just plain stupid.
The link the article itself explains how ridiculous it is to try to interpret the law that way, and posting the article as some sort of de facto evidence of 'right wing ignoramous' behavior is, I maintain, nothing more than flamebait.
How 'bout this?  I'd like to ignore dumb articles like this.  When I see a subject line for a thread that says something that LOOKS like a serious issue about which we should all be aware, I want to read it.  If it is NOT, if it's only a link some ill conceived attempt as self-superiority, like most of that tripe from "Yahoo News" or cracked.dot, could we not PLEASE tag the subject lines with something to that effect?
In this case, rather than "Forida Senate Outlaws Sex," maybe we could have had "Some Dumb-a$$ on the internet with the bare minimal number of working brain cells to support life wrongly interprets a Florida law so he can appear smarter than everyone else in the whole flipping WORLD."
Then, at least, i would have probably recognized the sheer and utter waste of time THIS WHOLE THING was going to turn out to be.  Thank-you, and Good Day.

I think a waste of time is reading long winded posts like this one.  As you wrote Ulthar, why not just ignore if you're offended by an obviously silly article?  Or do you have a compulsion to click on every thread with the word "sex" in the title?   Wink
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:12:50 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Florida Senate outlaws sex « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.