Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:02 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Do you like industrial / electronic music? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you like industrial / electronic music?  (Read 4659 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 17, 2011, 07:41:44 AM »

Again, still thinking about how Blender dissed Skinny Puppy, so I figured I'd start this topic.
Here's some of my faves:
Throbbing Gristle
Small | Large

Einsturzende Neubauten
Small | Large

Suicide - more proto-industrial, but still great.
Small | Large

Scorn
Small | Large

Techno Animal
Small | Large

Swans (during their "industrial phase")
Small | Large

Controlled Bleeding
Small | Large

So what do you guys and gals think of this stuff?

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »

Very much so. I'm a massive fan of Suicide etc. Have you ever heard the first Ministry album "With Sympathy" It's amazing and nothing like their later stuff ( which I also enjoy )
Small | Large

I'm also into cold wave bands such as:

Small | Large

Small | Large

voltron

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »

Very much so. I'm a massive fan of Suicide etc. Have you ever heard the first Ministry album "With Sympathy" It's amazing and nothing like their later stuff ( which I also enjoy )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sET1lhBMNiU

First time I've heard anything from With Sympathy. Pretty cool synthpop-like stuff (which I also like). I didn't care much for them after The Land Of Rape And Honey, though.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »

Generally I'm not a fan of industrial, but I did like W.A.S.P.'s KFD record where they had a stab at techno rock. Don't mind a bit of Ministry or NIN now and again either.

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »

First time I've heard anything from With Sympathy. Pretty cool synthpop-like stuff (which I also like). I didn't care much for them after The Land Of Rape And Honey, though.

Stigmata is my favorite on that album.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:02:21 PM »

I like Industrial but often lose track of what people consider industrial.  The ones I guess can be considered industrial are White Zombie, Fear Factory, NIN, N17 and a few others.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
voltron

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »

Stigmata is my favorite on that album.

Actually I don't really remember much from that one. Wasn't "Flashback" on it? My fave song on Twitch is "Over The Shoulder" - VERY Skinny Puppy-ish, but well done.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 04:15:09 AM »

When I first started paying attention to music, about 12 or 13, I listened to the crap that was popular at the time: MC Hammer, C&C Music Factory, ad nauseum.

The "grunge" phenomenon helped derail me from that pablum with Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Different, but still fairly mainstream.

Then my older brother brought home the double bill of Ministry's "Psalm 69" and Skinny Puppy's "Too Dark Park." At first I was simply befuddled. Noise presented as music, what a novel idea! Once I got past my initial surprise and could actually listen to the music, I was amazed at how good it was.

Around the same time Nine Inch Nails became popular. I love Nine Inch Nails, but is essentially industrial pop. I don't mean that as a slight, I'm a fan of pop music (even if I don't much care for today's "popular" music).

Couple things I learned about myself. The first I already knew; I'm a fan of the non-sequitur. A lot of the music I really enjoyed would start with a really strong song structure and then throw in an entire musical track that would attack what had previously been played. (Forgive my lack of musical language.) The second, I really, really enjoy hearing sounds that a lot of people would consider abrasive. Oddly enough, I find sounds equivalent to nails being scratched across a chalk board very soothing.

So give me some music that includes abrasive noise ever eating itself with its own complexity and seeming disregard for song structure (while slyly reaffirming its own structure), and I'm a happy man.

I don't really care about music being "industrial," but I enjoy music that contains the aforementioned attributes. One of my favorite musicians working today is J.G. Thirlwell, who has been heading a band called Foetus for several decades now. His music isn't so much industrial as it defies categorization.

Small | Large

That being said, I love bands like the carnival barkers Mr. Bungle and Wolf Eyes, which is a band that is literally pure noise.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 03:37:46 PM »

Ooh, ooh! I've just discovered KMFDM!  Thumbup

Small | Large

^ That's pretty badass!  Buggedout

Couchtr26

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »

For the most part yes but depends on how it is used.  There is bad in everything. 

Ah, the good old days.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 08:35:32 AM »

There is alot of industrial that I like such as KMFDM and Throbbing Gristle. Nine Inch Nails is probably my favorite though. When mom smashed my copy of Broken with a hammer, I only loved them more. I actually have "Pretty Hate Machine" tattooed on the inside of my right wrist. So yeah, I guess you could say I'm a fan...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »

Do you like industrial / electronic music?  Yes!  
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »

More favorite electronic (new & old) of mine are:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

This one especially
Small | Large

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Do you like industrial / electronic music? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.