Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:17:46 AM
714208 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dream Vacation: I NEED to win a lottery! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dream Vacation: I NEED to win a lottery!  (Read 1535 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« on: May 17, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/article.php?aid=307542

Ride across Botswana with eventing ace Mark Todd

This year's Badminton winner and double Olympic gold medalist will be leading a riding safari in Botswana's stunning Okavango Delta.

The trip runs from 25 November to 2 December at Macatoo, a luxury camp in one of the very best game viewing areas in the world.

The Okavango Delta is a true African wilderness and visitors can expect longs days of riding on well schooled horses, while getting up close and personal with the wild animals.

Prices are £3,000 per person sharing (with Zara's Planet) and include all the riding, bush walks, game drives, meals, drinks and transfers in and out of camp.

Places are limited.

Mark Todd (one of my equestrian heroes), riding horses, exotic locale, luxury and wildlife!  *sigh!*  

OK maybe that's not for everyone...where would you guys go, if money were no object?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »

Have you ever seen that EquiTrekking show on PBS?  They take horses all kind sof cool places.
Also, I once saw a fluff documentary about Julia Roberts (allegedly horsey) living with Mongolian nomads and doing horse stuff with them, it was pretty good.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »

Where do I start?

Well, one thing I would love to do is travel the Amazon River from it's source at Nevado Mismi in the Andes mountains of Peru, all the way to the ocean. There's just something about the prospect of spanning something that expansive, hiking from the frigid Andes, to Lake Titicaca, and on down lower and lower into the Amazon rainforest, and then on to the mouth of the Amazon River. After I got finished I'd go party in Brazil.

Another thing I would do is get myself a first-class sailboat and sail the globe, visiting obscure locales like the Pitcairn Islands or the Faulkland Islands or Galapagos.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:18:41 PM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »

If money was no object, I would like to travel throughout the United States and see all the national parks, the Grand Canyon, and historic sites.  I would start with ALASKA first.  I want to see the wildlife there and go on a salmon fishing trip .... TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »

I'd like a golfing vacation in Scotland and Ireland.  Heck, I'd like a golfing vacation just about anywhere.

There's some really gorgeous scenery in China too, that would be pretty cool to just spend a couple weeks there, going through little villages and stuff.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:42:22 PM »

I'd like a golfing vacation in Scotland and Ireland.  Heck, I'd like a golfing vacation just about anywhere.

There's some really gorgeous scenery in China too, that would be pretty cool to just spend a couple weeks there, going through little villages and stuff.

I've golfed in Ireland. It was pretty awesome.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »

I'd go to Miami and buy drugs

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dream Vacation: I NEED to win a lottery! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.