Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:18:43 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Schwarzenegger admits he had secret child « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Schwarzenegger admits he had secret child  (Read 17862 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: May 17, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »

LOS ANGELES – Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has acknowledged that he fathered a child with a member of his household staff, a revelation that apparently prompted wife Maria Shriver to leave the couple's home before they announced their separation last week.

Shriver separately issued a statement saying it was a "heartbreaking time," and one of their children, Patrick, expressed sadness and a yearning for normalcy in a Twitter message.

Schwarzenegger and Shriver jointly announced May 9 that they were splitting up after 25 years of marriage. Yet, Shriver moved out of the family's Brentwood mansion earlier in the year after Schwarzenegger acknowledged the child is his, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger told the Times on Monday in a statement that was later sent to The Associated Press. "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.

"I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time," the statement concluded. "While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not..."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_schwarzenegger_shriver_separation

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:42:56 AM »

Well, not to say that the Governator was right in his dealings, but being that Maria is a member of the Kennedys'  (and the follies in that family) you'd think nothing would suprise her anymore. 

But I have to be real here, she probably spent a lot of time wondering why one of the maid's sons had Schwarzenegger's looks, lol

"Remem-bah Maria when I told you I vasn't screwing mit ze housekeepah"?

"I swear Arnold, yes, I swear.."

"I lied..."

BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:37:50 PM »

Wonder what prompted the announcement. Maybe somebody was going to say something if Arnold didn't. The mom, perhaps, although she did seem surprised by the news.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »

Well, not to say that the Governator was right in his dealings, but being that Maria is a member of the Kennedys'  (and the follies in that family) you'd think nothing would suprise her anymore...
Uhm yeh, this scandal has little if anything to do with the KENNEDYS.  It's about SCHWARZENEGGER cheating on his wife, having unprotected sex in the age of AIDS, fathering a child and hiding it for 10 years including financial support.  Meanwhile the woman continued to work for the family until January of this year (that's 20 years she worked for them at least 10 of which in a deceptive role).  It's disgusting and I don't think MARIA SCHRIVER deserves any potshots. 

venomx
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 04:57:18 PM »

Schwarzenegger: I'm your daddy, I'm your daddy, I'm your daddy, I'm your daddy!...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »

I don't care, I still like the guy.  He gave me many reasons to be entertained in the 80s and early 90s.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »

It's about SCHWARZENEGGER cheating on his wife, having unprotected sex in the age of AIDS, fathering a child and hiding it for 10 years including financial support.  Meanwhile the woman continued to work for the family until January of this year (that's 20 years she worked for them at least 10 of which in a deceptive role).  It's disgusting and I don't think MARIA SCHRIVER deserves any potshots. 

That sort of behaviour IS disgusting.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »

It's disgusting and I don't think MARIA SCHRIVER deserves any potshots. 

I agree with you and with Newt: this is low behaviour indeed.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BTM

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 02:22:26 AM »

I've heard there's now a big race among the paparazzi to find and get a picture of this kid, supposedly the first one to do so will get a rather sizable amount of money (some have said upwards to one million.) 

The kid (and mother)'s life probably isn't going to be that restful for awhile.

Bluesad

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 06:31:42 AM »

No one in Hollywood is a role model.
The sooner America realizes this, the better off we will be.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
dean

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:19:13 AM »

File under: "Celebrities who cheat on hot wives with people who aren't."

Now Tiger Woods has some company...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 07:41:38 AM »

File under: "Celebrities who cheat on hot wives with people who aren't."

Now Tiger Woods has some company...
I have a theory on muscle builders in general.  They spend a lot of time admiring themselves in the mirror.  So eventually they end up hooking up with a person that looks like them.  Buggedout

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 09:45:02 AM »

No one in Hollywood is a role model.
The sooner America realizes this, the better off we will be.
Lookingup

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »

It's not just Hollywood!  Very, very few people in the public eye are suitable as all-round role models.  Unless they are celebrated for being role models.   Unfortunately you are dealing with a culture that idolizes success as defined by wealth and celebrity.  Success is all that counts: not how one behaves or how one got there.  Sports stars, entertainers of any kind, business tycoons, people whose only claim to fame is being rich, many politicians (aren't they really just successful businessmen - and actors - of a sort?), even (gasp!) some so-called religious leaders and so on do NOT merit emulation in all aspects and unqualified adulation.  They just don't.

It is foolish (and ultimately unfair) to assume that because a person is famous and successful in their field, they must have 'earned' it by being an all-round good person as well.  That is a very antiquated notion: that great rewards result only from being a 'good guy'. Not everyone has it in them to live up to high standards in all aspects of their lives.  The obvious fact is that precious few do.  The best most of us can do is to continue to try.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »

All celebrities do stupid s**t. All humans do stupid s**t. It's just a bigger deal for them because we look up to them.

No, I don't defend Arnold's choices. I wouldn't defend the choice to abandon your child whether it was a celebrities' offense or not.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Schwarzenegger admits he had secret child « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.