Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:57:29 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Schwarzenegger admits he had secret child « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Schwarzenegger admits he had secret child  (Read 17934 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »

Umaril, I am not about to argue your 'right' to ask questions, but at the same time you have to allow others the right to withold their answers.  Your questions do not have to be answered, if the persons being questioned so wish.  Pressing and baiting in order to provoke answers is generally considered quite rude and will not always be well-received.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »

...Pressing and baiting in order to provoke answers is generally considered quite rude and will not always be well-received.
It might also be called flame-baiting or just plain troll behavior. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »

One thing I have to add: left, right and center is not some sort of moral compass reading.  In fact, the terms mean very different things outside the US and in most non-western countries have no meaning or even equivalent.  They are terms used to generalize political views in a specific context, nothing more.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 08:47:15 PM »

One thing I have to add: left, right and center is not some sort of moral compass reading.  In fact, the terms mean very different things outside the US and in most non-western countries have no meaning or even equivalent.  They are terms used to generalize political views in a specific context, nothing more.

Right you are. And I was aware of this even before you and Newt pointed out the generalization of politics and morality in other countries (aka specific context) versus American moral and political attitudes, which sometimes are cemented to Party Lines.

And both of you have complemented me in this way. Your reminder of non-Western moral and political context is exactly why I felt there was a part A and B to my question about marital infidelity among lawmakers.

I was interested in what people may feel in terms of Western moral attitudes based on Politics\Party line morality, as opposed to the non-political attitudes that instead rely solely on one's moral compass, in America and abroad.

Thus my "part A"  "part B" take on it.

This turned out to be pretty interesting, and thanks for all who gave their input.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »

Umaril, I am not about to argue your 'right' to ask questions, but at the same time you have to allow others the right to withold their answers.  Your questions do not have to be answered, if the persons being questioned so wish.

No argument, and well recieved.

That's a point well-taken. I can add to that that failure to answer a question, either under the percieved duress you hypothesize, or honestly refused, does not mean that one agrees with or defends the actions of those that he\she is being thought of defending through their selection of silence, if they so choose.

I never thought that failure to answer was, in any way, a conference of association of\by guilt when it comes to covering for and\or defending an individual's wrongdoings.  I just wanted to clear that up.

Pressing and baiting in order to provoke answers is generally considered quite rude and will not always be well-received.

I guess that's why the Media is so well loved, huh?   Wink   Peace  Smile
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:27:45 AM by Umaril The Unfeathered » Logged

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »

...Pressing and baiting in order to provoke answers is generally considered quite rude and will not always be well-received.

Accepted.

It might also be called flame-baiting or just plain troll behavior. 

AllHallowsDay, this is the last time I'll speak on this issue.

I'm not fighting, but I see a few things here, and I will respectfully address them.

Most likely you will just laugh it off anyhow, but here goes:

First, b]you[/b] really have no right to talk to ME about flamebaiting, as you like to throw out your own fair share of barbs yourself, and often.

I defer to your little photo last night, and your "Umaril, you filled the room with smoke again" BS. As well as other past gems relegated to old threads.

And you were told last night, by another board member, as well as myself, that your behavior wasn't helping (in the Bin Laden Dead thread.)  Two of us told you, and yet you continued...

You are the only one that acts this way towards me, as I have never had this sort of treatment from any other board member, in any other thread regardless of it's severity.

I think it's time you addressed your own behavior as well.

And also I feel that you are using your status as a respected (cough cough) board member to effectively get away with it.  You're not fooling me as I've seen it before at other places. 

You victimize while you play victim, and I don't think it's the first time you've done this to anyone other than me. And if you think it's funny, or cool, or whatever, it isn't.

Whether or not you do this as part of natural behavior, your upbringing, or because you still have a beef with me in light of the past, I don't know, but know this:

I'm not fighting you over this, not anymore.

If you want to act like this, fine. But as myself, and another member clearly told you last night, you aren't helping either.  Maybe it's time you took your own medicine.

That's all I have to say.

Umaril

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »

Umaril, your entire post above does not help, either.

Much of what you said applies to you just as well.

The whole 'thing' between you has an air of two kids battling it out to have the last word.

Neither is going to concede to the other.

Accept that and move on.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »

Umaril, your entire post above does not help, either.

Much of what you said applies to you just as well.

The whole 'thing' between you has an air of two kids battling it out to have the last word.

Neither is going to concede to the other.

Accept that and move on.

Nooooooooo! Now he'll want the last word three more times! Buggedout

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Schwarzenegger admits he had secret child « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.