Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:14 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FAST FIVE (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FAST FIVE (2011)  (Read 1755 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 23, 2011, 11:42:23 AM »

First let me say I did not see any of the FAST AND THE FURIOUS movies (nor did I really desire to see them) until I saw FAST FIVE yesterday.  What an incredibly entertaining piece of summmer fluff.  Fast cars, hot chicks, punching, shooting, explosions . . . what more could you ask for?

I enjoyed it so much it made me want to go back and watch the earlier installments.  I assume all be disappointed though.  They couldn't possibly match this one.

Any movie that features a chase scene with two cars dragging a steel vault through the streets of Rio de Janeiro ansd destroying just about everything in their path is okay in my book.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »

Personally I don't think you will be that disappointed if you liked that one. It's pretty much the same with all of them.

2 Fast 2 Furious is my personal favorite.  As I mentioned in another thread, none of the sentences seem to be longer than 3 words due to poor acting abilities.

I like them all and I'm not a gear head or anything. I just find them to be very silly yet entertaining. I recommend you give them a go.

dean

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »

Fast Five looked a hell of a lot classier than the others, in terms of look and action.

The others are a little silly [especially 2 and 3]

4 wasn't horrible, and 1 has it's place in cinema history just because of timing: now it's super tacky to have souped up Rice-rockets, but back then it was still kinda cool and hit on a trend as it was on the upswing.

That's provided you can get over Paul Walker and his use of the word 'bra'.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »

That's provided you can get over Paul Walker and his use of the word 'bra'.

Very well said

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »

You are lucky, The Burgomaster. This installment has grossed more money at the box office than any of the others. Thus, there will probably be a sixth installment sometime later next year.
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »

Yeah, they are definitely planning more sequels.  Did you stay after the credits?

I quite enjoyed this one.  It's the best of the series.  Well, I didn't see all of the second one, but what I did see convinced me this is the best one.  And how often is that true?  A fourth sequel being the best of them all?

Good action scenes, almost every character is likable, some funny lines, and a great climax - one that doesn't even try to be plausible or apologize for it, but a lot of that gets forgiven due to the real world nature of almost all the destruction. 

Film is an 8/10.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FAST FIVE (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.