Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:56:03 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Harold Camping makes another doomsday prediction « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harold Camping makes another doomsday prediction  (Read 5530 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:47:27 AM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/23/MNH01JK1GT.DTL

Yet another date to add to the long list of failed predictions.   Lookingup
venomx
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:55:20 AM »

Great. Now I need to quit my job, AGAIN! 
Sell everything I have and check into a GOOD hotel.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:33:41 AM »

The thing is, the vast majority of Christians I know don't take this guy seriously either!!  We were cracking jokes all through Sunday School this week about him . . . does ANYBODY believe this man?  If not, then why does he keep getting so much press?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »

The thing is, the vast majority of Christians I know don't take this guy seriously either!!  We were cracking jokes all through Sunday School this week about him . . . does ANYBODY believe this man?  If not, then why does he keep getting so much press?

Oh yes, the good old press:

Was it Shakespeare who said everyone would be a star for 15 minutes?  Question

This is just my take, but while the world hasn't ended in doomsday (as was thought) we definitely have, as a world, changed very much, and in ways that aren't for the better.

There again, there was always room for improvement from square one.

Anyhow, until  the zombies show up, I won't believe a thing this guy says.  BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:55:19 PM »

...Was it Shakespeare who said everyone would be a star for 15 minutes?  Question ...
It was ANDY WARHOL who said "... everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." .   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »

Well, since he's had so much practice, I'm sure this prediction will be correct.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:29:16 PM »

If it ain't in 2012, then there's no hope for him- He's an even more of a failure than Father Charles Edward Coughlin.

yeah no.
feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »

I think what is harder to believe is people keep giving him so much money. I mean his sitting on $72 million. As for the press, well you pray on peoples fears and ignorance they will pretty much buy anything. sorry if that was harsh.

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »

Personally, I like to think of this as a positive thing.  There's one thing that vast majority of the world, Christians, atheists, Jews, etc., can agree on: that Harold Camping is full of s**t.  We can all get together, sing songs, drink hot cocoa or coffee, make s'mores, and gleefully agree that his prediction is bunk. 
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 07:15:15 AM »

Why doesn't the guy just quit while he's ahead? His past three predictions never came true, so what makes him think he's right with this one?

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »

I think what is harder to believe is people keep giving him so much money. I mean his sitting on $72 million. As for the press, well you pray on peoples fears and ignorance they will pretty much buy anything. sorry if that was harsh.

No, nothing offensive about this one. As a somewhat Right-Center guy myself, one thing
I never thought was right was that organized religions ask for (and actually get) such exorbitant amounts of money.

I think that no matter what side of the aisle you sit in on religion, this is one most people would agree on: it's not cool.  And I think it's a perfectly natural feeling.

As an adult back in the 80's, I remember people like Jimmy Swaggart and Jim and Tammy Bakker making entire fortunes off of TV salvation. The Bakkers actually used the money intended for God to buy air conditioned dog houses!?! Not to mention the Acme industrial sized amounts of eyeliner and makeup Tammy Bakker used on her face!  Jeez!

Same with the Mormons..they want 10% of your income (tithing they call it) No way! That green's hard to come by these days, man.  What a crowd....

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »

I think he needs to go to an Insane Asylum to get cured up.....but at his age, he might not make it through....

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 04:11:19 PM »

Even if he's right, it's fail cuz he guessed wrong the first time.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »

Yeah, it's cool that the world is gonna' end and all that, but what I wanna' know is,  where are the zombies?  Buggedout

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Harold Camping makes another doomsday prediction « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.