Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:49:31 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Actors You Like But Everyone Else Seems To Hate « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Actors You Like But Everyone Else Seems To Hate  (Read 7657 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »

I somewhat like Pauly Shore.   Bluesad

I do too, but I don't know why.  Question

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »

I think Keanu Reeves is pretty good. It's sad that his finest role occurred so early in his career (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), but I've liked him in other roles as well. I don't quite get all the flak he gets about being wooden when other actors (*cough*Ben Affleck*cough*) are much worse than he is.
Oddly, most of the movies I like Affleck in are the Kevin Smith "New Jersey Series" of films (Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, etc.).

Beyond that, yeah, he's pretty bad.

Nick Cage.  When he's good, he's very good, and when he's awful he's great!

I'm with the Rev on this one.
Me-I like Jim Carrey. He was great in ACE VENTURA,DUMB and DUMBER (though Jeff Daneils was better),and the CABLE GUY.
You can keep junk like ME,MYSELF AND IRENE,LIMINY SNICKET,and the GRINCH.
I've always found him entertaining too.  I love both Ace Ventura movies.  I have no idea why people pan the second one. 

This next one will get me shot at undoubtedly...I somewhat like Pauly Shore.   Bluesad

Did you see "Pauly Shore is Dead"? Great movie.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 07:39:35 AM »

^ Affleck was actually really good in the those films.  I really liked Jersey Girl.

Another one for me, Brad Pitt.  I'm not an over the top fan but I don't think he's all that bad of an actor.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »

-Adam Sandler
-Zach Galifa- Gogoga...Gavingka... Alan from Hangover

That's it.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »

Nicolas Cage - for a while, I actually rather disliked him but the more I watched of his movies and the more I gave him a chance, he really grew on me and now I love a lot of his films and have most of them on DVD. He's terrific in Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation. and The Family Man IMO. Yeah I like some of his cheesier stuff too.

Jim Carrey - sure I love his comedies but he proved he could do serious well too with The Truman Show and Man on the Moon.

Will Smith- sure he's really bad and even annoying at times yet I find something to be likable about him and I own several of his movies on DVD. He's actually better than usual too in Men in Black, Seven Pounds, I, Robot and Hancock.

Steve Martin - I love his old stuff best but I do tend to watch most anything he's in even some of his more recent lesser stuff. I know not everyone hates him but most people I know do seem to...

Robin Williams - sure he has some lesser moments in films yet I find I tend to like his performances most often than not.

John Travolta- I tend to like him in most everything to be honest although there's an exception or two to this rule.

Jennifer Lopez - thanks to my girlfriend being a fan, I'm grown to like her more as I've seen some of her films like Monster in-Law, Enough and some of her romantic comedies.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 02:48:36 AM »

I think Keanu Reeves is pretty good. It's sad that his finest role occurred so early in his career (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), but I've liked him in other roles as well. I don't quite get all the flak he gets about being wooden when other actors (*cough*Ben Affleck*cough*) are much worse than he is.

I've always liked Keanu Reeves. I'm not saying he's a great actor, far from it. I think his great failing is that he has a face that simply can not express emotion. Maybe it's just sympathy, because my face always looks like a complete blank.

Then again, Reeves' best roles have always been when a non-entity is required. Neo is a place-holder for a human being. Even his debut in The River's Edge was as a confused teen who did not know how to care about things.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 12:09:53 PM »

Another one for me, Brad Pitt.  I'm not an over the top fan but I don't think he's all that bad of an actor.

I like Brad Pitt too especially in 12 Monkeys, Cool World, Kalifornia, Fight Club and Se7en...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »

Steve Martin - I love his old stuff best but I do tend to watch most anything he's in even some of his more recent lesser stuff. I know not everyone hates him but most people I know do seem to...

Interesting. While there may be some people who don't appreciate him, I've always thought that he is generally well-respected. I've always appreciated him even if I don't like everything he does.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »

Nicolas Cage - for a while, I actually rather disliked him but the more I watched of his movies and the more I gave him a chance, he really grew on me and now I love a lot of his films and have most of them on DVD. He's terrific in Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation. and The Family Man IMO. Yeah I like some of his cheesier stuff too.

Jim Carrey - sure I love his comedies but he proved he could do serious well too with The Truman Show and Man on the Moon.

Will Smith- sure he's really bad and even annoying at times yet I find something to be likable about him and I own several of his movies on DVD. He's actually better than usual too in Men in Black, Seven Pounds, I, Robot and Hancock.

Robin Williams - sure he has some lesser moments in films yet I find I tend to like his performances most often than not.

John Travolta- I tend to like him in most everything to be honest although there's an exception or two to this rule.

Jennifer Lopez - thanks to my girlfriend being a fan, I'm grown to like her more as I've seen some of her films like Monster in-Law, Enough and some of her romantic comedies.

Aren't all of those people liked actors?

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 06:13:43 AM »

-Zach Galifa- Gogoga...Gavingka... Alan from Hangover

That's it.

I have never seen The Hangover (nor those other two movies he was recently in that helped catapault him to stardom, there's one with Robert Downey in it that looks horrendous and onee about some kid in a mental institution that actually looks promising). It's just not somethingg I have any interest in whatsoever. But I had no idea people didn't like Zach Galifinakas (?!? ...leave me alone, I tried). I think that's a shame, because I was introduced to him years before he started appearing in all these movies, when he was just a quirky, weirdo stand-up comedian with an outre approach to comedy, and I loved him as such ever since.

Anyway, contributing my pick to the mix, I'm going to go with Al Cliver. He's probably my favorite Italian actor, but almost every review I've ever read of a movie he's been in has just railed him. I think he's awesome though. In Endgame and Zombie he is just the baddest ass who ever lived. Sure he was an annoying idiot in New Gladiators, but he was an annoying idiot in a way that was nevertheless awesome. Did I mention I think he's awesome?

Regarding some other people's picks, I also don't have much of a problem with John C. Reilly, Nicole Kidman (although I'd be flat-out lying if I even tried to tell you that I judged her primarily on her acting chops and not her looks, mrowr!), and Keanu Reeves (the only time I've genuinely hated Reeves was in Bram Stoker's Dracula). I also think that Robin Williams is actually a great actor when he's given the opportunity. Movies like RV or that on where he plays a priest who gets to decide if a couple is allowed to marry, those flicks are obviously not worth anyone's time. But Williams is a good actor, especially when given a chance to shine in things like Final Cut, One Hour Photo, and The Night Listener (he was good in Insomina too, too bad the rest of the movie sucked the fart out of a dead cat's rectum, ugh).

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »

Count me in for Williams, I happen to love Mrs. Doubtfire.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »

Here's who I like:
Shia Labeouf
Nick Cage
Will Smith
Robin Williams
Samuel L. Jackson
John Travolta
Bill Cosby

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Actors You Like But Everyone Else Seems To Hate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.