Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:35:16 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sports Talk « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sports Talk  (Read 9527 times)
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« on: May 25, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »

Since it looks like The Dallas Mavs Vs. Miami Heat are going to be in the finals, who do you think will win the finals this year?

On one hand I want Mavs to win since this is probably their last chance, but I also want The Heat to win because of all the Lebron haters. Overall I pick the mavs to take it  Wink

Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »

Mariners are only 3 games back in the AL.

And don't forget Mumbai Indians 148 for 6 (Blizzard 51, Tendulkar 36, Kallis 2-18, Shakib 2-24) beat Kolkata Knight Riders 147 for 7 (ten Doeschate 70*, Munaf 3-27) by four wickets!!

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 06:02:41 PM »

Since it looks like The Dallas Mavs Vs. Miami Heat are going to be in the finals, who do you think will win the finals this year?

On one hand I want Mavs to win since this is probably their last chance, but I also want The Heat to win because of all the Lebron haters. Overall I pick the mavs to take it  Wink

As an unashamed LeBron hater I want the Mavs to win. 

I don't just hate LeBron either, but I always root against the team of mercenaries who try to buy a championship---see the Yankees. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »

I agree with you Rev.   

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »

The Red Sox bought a team of mercenaries . . . and they're finally playing some good baseball.  Go Sox!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »

My local DBacks are not a great team, but they are playing some serious ball lately. Lot's of close games that they are winning. I don't know how long it will last, but they are now suddenly in 2nd place in the NL West and continuing to gain. They've suddenly become downright scrappy and fun to watch.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »

Mike Brown is hired as new coach of LA Lakers

I dont know what it is, but I have always hated The Lakers. I leaped out of my chair in joy when the Mavs knocked them out of the playoffs.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »

I've been a Mavs fan for 20 years.  Lakers, Bulls, I don't care . . . GO DIRK!!!!!!!!! BounceGiggle Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »

Right now, I'm digging the Philadelphia Phillies.

Was a huge fan as a kid, kinda fell out of it during the losing seasons, and restarted watching back in high school.

I usually head down to the stadium several times a season for some games.  Never a dull moment.

Generally I only follow baseball, hockey and football.  Beyond that, I'm a big fan of what falls into the category of 'alternative/X-Games" styled sports like Skateboarding, BMX and the like.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:19:15 PM »

Dirk is definitely on the top 10 list IMO for best player to never win a title.  I really hope he gets it this year.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 09:31:35 PM »

(Substitute exclamation marks for the question marks in caption above!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »

Does anyone consider NASCAR a sport around here?

I don't see it but apparently it's huge or something.

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »

Dirk is definitely on the top 10 list IMO for best player to never win a title.  I really hope he gets it this year.

Yeah, I'll put him up there with Karl Malone. I dig his one legged shots.

As I was saying in another thread, I just dont see whats so entertaining about watching cars go around in a circle for three hours.  I guess you could call Nascar a sport, but the same thing can be said for golf.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:08:01 PM by Nightowl » Logged

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »

Is it a sport in the purest sense of the word? That's arguable. It meets the criteria for a sport on most levels. It is organized, competitive, entertaining to those that follow it, and skillful. What it lacks is the level or athleticism that would make it comparable to more physical sports like football or basketball. I don't care for NASCAR, but I recognize that it requires a good deal of skill and coordination, so I recognize it as a sport. Hell, bobsled racing is a sport in the Olympics, and that requires a similar type of skill and coordination. I think the only people who are so concerned about whether or not auto-racing is a sport are the people who want to ridicule it and the people who want to defend against that.

Anyway, I recognize it as a sport. I just don't watch it.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 08:10:32 AM »

Is it a sport in the purest sense of the word? That's arguable. It meets the criteria for a sport on most levels. It is organized, competitive, entertaining to those that follow it, and skillful. What it lacks is the level or athleticism that would make it comparable to more physical sports like football or basketball. I don't care for NASCAR, but I recognize that it requires a good deal of skill and coordination, so I recognize it as a sport. Hell, bobsled racing is a sport in the Olympics, and that requires a similar type of skill and coordination. I think the only people who are so concerned about whether or not auto-racing is a sport are the people who want to ridicule it and the people who want to defend against that.

Anyway, I recognize it as a sport. I just don't watch it.
I see what you're saying.  I tend to not mock it, necessarily, but just never saw the appeal of it.  Same with Golf and Bowling.

All three do take a certain level of skill yet when it comes to someone being a 'professional bowler' I can't help but laugh at them.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sports Talk « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.