Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:45:49 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I'm Taking a Philosophy Class... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So I'm Taking a Philosophy Class...  (Read 2207 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 01:45:58 AM »

I've noticed I am more than likely the most undereducated person on this board. I'm surrounded by folks who went to collage-go to collage-lawyers,dam scientists. Sometimes I get an inferioty complex talking to you guys.
I wish I was smarter. I KNOW about movies...but otherwise I'm a hick.

RC, education does not make a person smart. Education provides information and techniques to get more information. What a person does with those techniques and information determine how smart he is. I'd rather discuss almost any subject with an uneducated smart person than with an educated person who just took a lot of information and never figured out what to do with it. In other words, I'd much rather sit and talk philosophy with you than with someone who could only sit and quote what this philosopher or that philosopher said. Philosophy used to be about pondering the unsolvable mysteries of life. Now it seems to be just regurgitating what someone else said about them (all information, no processing of that information).

Thanks. I really feel very insecure sometimes when you guys start getting deep into technical stuff. I feel like an idiot. It's like-"Dam-what am I doing here? Im in way over my head." But I learn stuff here. You teach me. This board is important to me.It teaches me. And I need that.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 05:38:51 AM »

Why? [said while gestures hand in the air]

My girlfriend gave me a silly comic book called 'Action Philosophers' once, not that I'm particularly into philosophy as a subject for learning, and it was quite good.  It essentially distills the life and theories of main philosophers in comic book form.

http://www.eviltwincomics.com/ap_jung.php   That link is an example of the Carl Jung story.

I wonder if it can be used as a reference when studying?  Me thinks not.  Smile

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »

I dont believe inthe Ayn Rand bulls**t-nothing is cut an dry-evil and good is not a cake you can cut up. Life-and all it's emotional baggae-is grey. Their can be no evil without good. What is the sound of one hand clapping?
None-one hand needs the other-good-evil-yin-yang.You can't define one without the other. Called Balance.
I wish I could practice what I preach.  Bluesad

You can make anything out of anything..Manson based his beliefs on the Bible. So did David Koresh,Jim Jones and many self serving a***oles. The source of there beliefs is not the problem-twisting it to fit your f**ked up sense of "right and wrong" is. So what is 'right' and what is "wrong'?
Has nothing to do with some God given Commandments. It should be common sense.Unfourtantly-that seems to be the exception to the rule.
I don't need a wise man to tell me whats right-whats wrong. If I dont feel it-in my heart-you can talk s**t all day. I am of my own mind.
I may be wrong-but I'll have to figure that out on my own.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:04:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I'm Taking a Philosophy Class... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.