Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:10:58 AM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Slumber Party Massacre trilogy « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Slumber Party Massacre trilogy  (Read 1633 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: May 29, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »

So I just went out and got the Slumber Party Massacre trilogy (part of the Corman Collection dvds that have been coming out) And I just watched the first 2 in a row. Before I give my 2 cents of these movies, I wanna hear what you fellas think. But don't give anything away on the 3rd one, cuz I havent watched it yet.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »

I'll put Slumber Party Massacre in my top 10 favorite slashers. Absolutely hated SPM 2. Mainly hated 2 because I couldn't tell rather it was dream or reality(hate when films do that) through the flick. Haven't seen 3 yet. So I would say watch the first one and ditch the rest.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:11:22 PM by Nightowl » Logged

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »

Wait, this was a trilogy?  Wow.  Another movie trilogy to go alongside such classics as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, and more.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 06:44:37 AM »

I really liked the first one.  Though it gets off to an extremely slow start, it's just sooooo '80s, and the characters are fun and it's just a really good cheesy slasher.  One of my all-time favorites.

Absolutely hated the second one.  After it was universally panned, the director tried to pass it off as a misunderstood comedy   Lookingup  It wasn't misunderstood - it was garbage and everyone understood that perfectly well.

The third one is a minor favorite of mine.  Really likable characters.  Wonderful cheesy slasher that's completely unbelievable.  Just a fun time overall.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 07:09:51 AM »

The second film happens to be a huge guilty pleasure of mine. I can take it for what it is - a very goofy movie that falls flat as both a horror and a comedy, yet is strangely entertaining. I think the first film is a decent slasher flick, clichéd and by the numbers yes, but still more watch-able than the loud brain-dead gore garbage they put out today. I haven't seen Slumber Party Massacre III though.

Mike From BBandBCs
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »

Guilty pleasure films for sure. Not all that great in terms of production, but fun to watch.

http://badassesboobsandbodycounts.com/ - Badasses, Boobs and Body Counts
voltron

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

The first was the best, the seond one was, um, a bit strange, but a fun watch nonetheless. In some ways the third is better than the second, but in other areas, it's worse - the second one is pretty out there and that gives it a neat sort of charm. The third just kinda seemed like an inferior rehash of the first.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »

The first one was cool. It was the most basic slasher film Ive ever seen, which I'm not saying is a bad thing. You know who the killer is from the begining, he comes in and picks off a bunch of dope-smoking partying naked teenagers. All the essential ellements are there.

The second one was entertaining, or at least the second half was, but the firsrt half was terrible. MOstly due to the music and the lame "sisterhood" shtick. But the dude with the drill guitar was awxsome.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »

First one is great, third one is good, second one is barely watchable.
66Crush
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »

I've only seen part 2, so it's a guilty pleasure. I've heard the first one was more serious.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:42:39 PM »

I love the first two, but I am yet to see the third. I'm looking forward to it though.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Slumber Party Massacre trilogy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.