Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:49:56 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fright Night 2011 « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is anyone seeing this remake? Worth seeing in 3D?
Not at all - 6 (37.5%)
Can't wait - 0 (0%)
Only on dvd/On Demand - 4 (25%)
Why would anyone remake it? - 6 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Fright Night 2011  (Read 11211 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: June 01, 2011, 11:17:20 PM »

Small | Large

So this is the trailer for the newly made Fright Night 2011 starring Colin Farrell as Jerry, and the McLovin kid as Evil.  So...this begs the questions of
A.) Why remake it?
B.) Is nobody really all that interested?
C.) The original wasn't so great, why's this look a billion times worse?
D.) No Peter Vincent type character?

I was initially intrigued about it but after the trailer...I really wanna avoid it at all costs.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
claws
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:32:59 PM »

C.) The original wasn't so great.

I'll have to disagree. The original is great, made its mark, has a devoted following thus the reason for a remake.

I might check out the remake when it hits Blu-ray depending on reviews. The remake is rated R (good sign) and the trailer is omitting creature f/x on purpose. If they didn't CGI the effects to death the audience should be in for a hopefully fun surprise. Plus there's Toni Collette which is reason enough for me to check it out eventually.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:24:58 AM »

It's a bit puzzling. The original is a decent piece of '80s popcorn.

Well, the idea is a good one that can go a lot of places. A suburban teen discovers his neighbor is a vampire. Good basis.

I'm a bit disappointed they seem to have jettisoned the washed up horror movie host. Roddy McDowall is a big part of the original.

I do get a kick out of Anton Yelchin being the main character.

"He's a wampire!"
"What?"
"A wampire! A wampire!"

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:05:15 AM »

It's a bit puzzling. The original is a decent piece of '80s popcorn.

Well, the idea is a good one that can go a lot of places. A suburban teen discovers his neighbor is a vampire. Good basis.

I'm a bit disappointed they seem to have jettisoned the washed up horror movie host. Roddy McDowall is a big part of the original.

I do get a kick out of Anton Yelchin being the main character.

"He's a wampire!"
"What?"
"A wampire! A wampire!"

I agree-where's the horror movie host??? They coulda got someone like Christopher Lee! THAT would be a kick! Lee fighting vampires!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »

It might not be that bad. It looks like they've gone a different direction and replaced some fo the fun elements of the original with more modern horror type stuff. I think cutting out the Peter Vincent type character was maybe a decision they made to appeal to more modern( tweens and teens) audience who might have no idea what any of that stuff is about. Horror movie hosts aren't nearly as popular as they used to be, although they could have changed things up by using an Elvira style host. And at least Colin Ferrell doesn't sparkle.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »

This is only being remade because of the Twilight series doing so well, the world seems to have gone vampire mad, or at least they're having vampires rammed down their throats until they go mad. I love the original Fright Night (I'll always have to say that now), so I have no interest in this whatsoever. Watching this film will just make me mad and I'm 100% positive that it will in no way, better the 1985 film. Plus, I detest Colin Farrell as both an actor and a human being.

venomx
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 03:04:48 PM »

My vote. Why would anyone remake it?

80's Jerry Dandrige: HA haha! A remake... what a joke.

80's Peter Vincent: Damn them! No Peter Vincent type character? You fail, Sir.

80's Evil: Ha haha! "McLovin"
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »

And this is why I haven't gone to the theatre by choice in 4-5 years.
Hollywood doesn't want original ideas. They either want remakes, sequels, adaptations, remakes of adaptations, rip-offs or remakes of rip-offs. The exceptions, are safe and marketable films featuring characters solely designed to sell as much merchandise as possible once the film is released (or maybe get a TV spin-off). Or, films that can be turned into trilogies.
Creativity is a thing of the past. And really, I don't care. I'm fine with the many, many, MANY classics and masterpieces film history has given us, thus why I don't care about new films.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:13:20 PM »

I quite love the original for what it is. I'm still just flabbergasted they made it.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 04:18:49 PM »

I never saw the original so I am the perfect person to see the remake.  I have no bias or any preconceive feelings at all.  Plus, I give every film a fair shake before I enter it, with certian exceptions to the rule (Anything by Friedberg and Seltzer.  There I just hope this movie will not suck as bad I believe it will).

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »

And this is why I haven't gone to the theatre by choice in 4-5 years.
Hollywood doesn't want original ideas. They either want remakes, sequels, adaptations, remakes of adaptations, rip-offs or remakes of rip-offs. The exceptions, are safe and marketable films featuring characters solely designed to sell as much merchandise as possible once the film is released (or maybe get a TV spin-off). Or, films that can be turned into trilogies.
Creativity is a thing of the past. And really, I don't care. I'm fine with the many, many, MANY classics and masterpieces film history has given us, thus why I don't care about new films.
I'm what he sed. You hit the nail onna head,Kasey.
And I don't see any big budget horror film producers and directors doing anything different.
This is not new. Horror films have been remade for DECADES. And I imagine some fans of the genre thought as we. But-being I is what I is-I think the new ones are too pretty and polished. The Z movie cheapos had a unique BAD movie charm-these dont. And that-me freinds-is the difference between TWIGHIGHT ( I cant even spell the f**kin word!!!) and the WEREWOLF VS the VAMPIRE WOMAN.
If they wanted to make an entire differnt vampire movie-why call it FRIGHT NIGHT???? Call it something differnt. It's a cheap cash in.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:27:13 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
venomx
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »

80's Billy Cole: Say... Did they leave me out of the remake as well?

80's Charley Brewster: NO, Mom. It was NOT a dream. Kyle Reese plays my part!

Oh and yes. Peter Vincent is in the REMAKE. (above David Tennant) I'm not sure what to think.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Oh. They do have Peter Vincent. Hmm. He looks like that magic guy on tv. Whats his name? someting Angel. f**k that. It ...ahhh.Im to depressed to even comment on this glossy s**t. Horror is not glossy American Idol actors. Roddy McDowall had history (IT!, PLANET OF THE APES series,The HAUNTING OF HELL HOUSE, CLASS OF 1984 ad nausem) who' is this mo mo???-who's this shmuck? BAH! Horse cock.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
venomx
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

80's Jerry Dandrige: Oh great. A Criss Angel wanna B. Whats he going do? Pull cards out of his @$$?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:44:45 AM by Venomx » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 07:38:42 PM »

!

Oh and yes. Peter Vincent is in the REMAKE. (above David Tennant) I'm not sure what to think.

Doctor fu*king Who is playing Peter Vincent?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fright Night 2011 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.