Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:45 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  DVD News « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: DVD News  (Read 22810 times)
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« on: June 02, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »

Post any new upcoming dvd news.

Scorpion Releasing proudly presents Katarina’s Nightmare Theater, a new line of horror DVDs hosted by actress, and former WWE and now TNA star, Katarina Leigh Waters, as she introduces a series of cult films, many of them for the first time on DVD!  See the bewitching Katarina introduce such horror classics as THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW, FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS, some of them in new high definition film transfers with new extras!

Also, for the first time on DVD such films as the 80′s horror favorite HUMONGOUS, THE CARPENTER starring Wings Hauser (VICE SQUAD), THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS starring Linda Haynes, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE with Michael Ironside, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER starring Joan Collins, the twin-terrors of THE MARK OF CAIN, and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT starring genre greats Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing!    Each DVD will have a play with or without Katarina’s intros and closing segments and some will have audio commentaries with the filmmakers moderated by Katarina. All the DVD sleeves will feature a reversible cover. The first wave will be released in September, just in time for Halloween and new DVDs coming each month through March!

“I am having really great fun hosting these movies, and coming up with skits for the introduction…  plus I love that I get to meet these filmmakers and talk to them about their creative process on the audio commentaries…  it’s inspiring!  I hope you enjoy watching the DVD’s, as much as I enjoy working on them!” -Katarina Leigh Waters

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:51:49 PM by Nightowl » Logged

claws
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:59:53 PM »

I posted about this not too long ago http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,134476.0.html  Wink
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »

^Oops. Sorry, I didnt see that.

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 12:42:17 PM »

TBR: 7/12/11

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »

All to be released on 6/28

Bloody Birthday

Get ready for the rarely seen slasher classic from the ‘80s that may also be the most disturbing ‘killer kids’ movies in grindhouse history: Three babies are simultaneously born in the same hospital at the peak of a full solar eclipse. Ten years later, these adorable youngsters suddenly begin a kiddie killing spree of stranglings, shootings, stabbings, beatings and beyond. Can the town’s grown-ups stop these pint-sized serial killers before their blood-soaked birthday bash? K.C. Martel (E.T., Growing Pains), Joe Penny (Jake And The Fat Man), Michael Dudikoff (American Ninja), screen legends Susan Strasberg and José Ferrer, and MTV vixen Julie Brown – whose nude bedroom dance remains a landmark of celebrity skin – star in this still-controversial shocker from director Ed Hunt (The Brain, Diary Of A Sinner), now featuring an all-new HD transfer from the original vault elements.

Nightmares

From John Lamond, the infamous producer/director of Felicity, Australia After Dark and ABC Of Love And Sex comes this depraved mélange of sex, murder and psychotic mayhem. Jenny Neumann of Hell Night and Mistress Of The Apes fame stars as a frigid young theater actress traumatized by her mother’s horrific death years earlier. But when a series of brutal stabbings rocks her latest production, the drama queen prone to bloody hallucinations fears that she herself may be the killer. Are all actresses genuinely insane or is the stage set for a shocking final twist? Max Phipps (The Road Warrior) and Gary Sweet (The Chronicle Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Trader) co-star in the graphic ‘Ozploitation’ giallo also known as Stage Fright, now fully restored from the original Australian vault elements.

The Baby

An A-list director. A jaw-dropping storyline. And depraved depictions of suburban violence, 70s fashions and ‘sick love’. The result remains one of the most disturbing movies in Hollywood history: Anjanette Comer (The Loved One) stars as an idealistic L.A. County social worker who investigates the case of Mrs. Wadsworth (former ‘50s starlet Ruth Roman of Strangers On A Train fame), her two buxom daughters, and son ‘Baby’, a mentally-disabled man who sleeps in a crib, eats in a high-chair, crawls, bawls and wears diapers. But what secrets of unnatural attachment – and sexual obsession – are all of these women hiding? Marianna Hill (The Godfather Part II) and Michael Pataki (Grave Of The Vampire) co-star in this psychotic stunner from director Ted Post (Magnum Force, Beneath The Planet Of The Apes), now fully restored from the original film negative for the first time ever.

Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 12:00:26 AM »

Nightmares

From John Lamond, the infamous producer/director of Felicity, Australia After Dark and ABC Of Love And Sex comes this depraved mélange of sex, murder and psychotic mayhem. Jenny Neumann of Hell Night and Mistress Of The Apes fame stars as a frigid young theater actress traumatized by her mother’s horrific death years earlier. But when a series of brutal stabbings rocks her latest production, the drama queen prone to bloody hallucinations fears that she herself may be the killer. Are all actresses genuinely insane or is the stage set for a shocking final twist? Max Phipps (The Road Warrior) and Gary Sweet (The Chronicle Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Trader) co-star in the graphic ‘Ozploitation’ giallo also known as Stage Fright, now fully restored from the original Australian vault elements.

Thanks for the post Nightowl.  Recently watched somethings on Australian movies and was interested in that Nightmares.  Nice to know a DVD release is coming soon. 

Ah, the good old days.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 12:04:57 AM »

TBR:9/13

TBR:10/24

TBR:6/21

BIG DOLL HOUSE
• Audio commentary with director Jack Hill
• From Manila with Love - new documentary on the making of THE BIG BIRD CAGE and BIG DOLL HOUSE featuring interviews with director Jack Hill, screenwriter James Gordon White, actors Sid Haig, Judy Brown, Anitra Ford, Roberta Collins, Candice Roman, Teda Bracci and producers Roger Corman, and Jane Schaefer
• Trailer, TV Spot and Radio Spot

WOMEN IN CAGES
• Interview with star Judy Brown
• Trailer and TV Spot
• Poster and Still Gallery

THE BIG BIRD CAGE
• Audio Commentary with director Jack Hill
• Trailer and TV Spot

TBR:8/26

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »

TBR:7/12

Mr. Skin and Panik House Entertainment Present the Unholy Trinity of “Women in Prison” Films! CHAINED HEAT, widely regarded as the greatest “women-in-prison” film of all time, finally comes to DVD in a totally uncut, re-mastered version. This triple-pack of “boobs behind bars” mid-80s exploitation classics will only be in print for a limited time.  CHAINED HEAT – Linda Blair (The Exorcist) stars as Carol Henderson, a woman sentenced to 18 months in federal prison after accidentally killing a man.  With the perverted warden (John Vernon, Animal House) seducing the inmates and two rival gangs fighting a race war, Carol struggles to survive her remaining days in the sleazy slammer.  Also stars cult film favorites Sybil Danning, Tamara Dobson and Stella Stevens. Newly re-mastered in anamorphic widescreen and presented totally uncut for the first time in North America!

RED HEAT – Linda Blair heads back to prison as American tourist Christine Carlson, a woman wrongly sentenced to three years in a brutal East German penitentiary after being forced to admit to false charges of espionage.  Tormented by the evil prisoner Sofia (Sylvia Kristel, Emmanuelle), Christine must fight for her life as her fiancée tries to rescue her from the sadistic hell behind bars.  Presented in Anamorphic Widescreen.

JUNGLE WARRIORS – A group of gorgeous models flies to a South American country to scout locations for a photo session.  When their plane is shot down, the models are imprisoned and subjected to horrible torture and rape by an evil drug lord.  In an effort to escape, the girls grab some firepower, take revenge, and try to shoot their way to freedom! Stars Sybil Danning and John Vernon.  Presented in Anamorphic Widescreen.

Features

* Introductions for each film by the Legendary Mr. Skin!
    * Video Interviews with Actresses Stella Stevens (CHAINED HEAT) and Sybil Danning (CHAINED HEAT, JUNGLE WARRIORS)
    * Theatrical Trailers

TBR:8/9

Coming to DVD August 9, 2001: THRILLER's Christina Lindberg in WIDE OPEN! MEET Christina Lindberg IN PERSON at get your copy signed at Flashback Weekend Aug. 12-14 in Chicago

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »

Damnation Alley, it's about damn time!  Thumbup

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 03:37:39 PM »

Deathstalker 1 & 2 and Barbarian Queen!  I've been wanting to see those forever but the old DVD's are pretty expensive.

Just pre-ordered that collection from Amazon  TeddyR
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:52:48 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »

I've been hoping for a "Damnation Alley" DVD for a long time as well.  Man-eating cockroaches!  Plus the Landmasters are just awesome.  Most of the problems you would encounter after the apocalypse would be much less fearsome if you have a Landmaster.

There are some other good finds in there.  "Humongous" is one I remember from when I was a teenager and would watch every bad movie at the rental store where mom took a job.  The sword and sorcery pack is full of great stuff.  Everybody should see those, though "Deathstalker 2" pains me.  I just watched "Barbarian Queen" the other day.  Seeing Lana Clarkson defeat a man with only her kegel muscles...what a woman.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »

TBR:7/5/11

Available on JULY 5, 2011 from Shout! Factory... and you can order the dvd here!

Run for your lives…again! It’s Trailers from Hell Volume 2! Trailers — you know, those fast-paced, two-to-four-minute theatrical promotional shorts that are jam-packed with swirling letters and screaming hyperbolic promises of: THRILLS! ACTION! MYSTERY! ROMANCE? On July 5, 2011, Shout! Factory will release Trailers from Hell Volume 2 on DVD, the second installment of the popular series.

Trailers from Hell Volume 2 showcases 20 more of the kind of rare vintage trailers popularized on the well-trafficked, award-winning website, www.trailersfromhell.com, but these are all brand new and exclusive to this DVD.

Concentrating on a wild mix of horror, science fiction, action, comedy and fantasy films, viewers can watch the trailers both in their original versions or accompanied by amusing and informative commentaries from esteemed genre gurus such as Directors Joe Dante (Piranha, Gremlins), Mick Garris (The Stand), John Landis (An American Werewolf in London), Guillermo Del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth) and more. A must-have for genre fans, DVD collectors and trailer aficionados, Trailers From Hell Volume 2 is priced for everyone to own at $19.93.

As if that weren’t enough, the DVD also includes Roger Corman’s classic comedy from 1960, The Little Shop of Horrors featuring Jack Nicholson in one of his first roles. For the first time ever, the film has an all-new anamorphic widescreen transfer, making Audrey Jr. the hungry man-eating houseplant even more formidable than ever!

**Of Special Note: The first fans who pre-order Volume 2 from Shout! Factory’s online store will receive a limited edition of The Best of Trailers from Hell Volume 1 on DVD with their purchase. This is an exclusive offer and the supply is extremely limited. **

Trailers From Hell Volume 2 features:

Roger Corman on trailers for Ski Troop Attack and Premature Burial.

Joe Dante on Donovan’s Brain and The Invisible Ghost.

Guillermo Del Toro on Deep Red and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Ernest Dickerson on The Creeping Unknown.

Mick Garris on Fire Maidens from Outer Space and Flesh Gordon.

Jack Hill on Pit Stop.

Larry Karaszewski on Last Summer and The Tenant.

Lloyd Kaufman on Terror Firmer.

Mary Lambert on Godzilla vs. Mothra.

John Landis on Gorgo.

Josh Olson on Jaws and The Lineup.

Michael Peyser on Seven Days in May.

Brian Trenchard-Smith on Devil Ship Pirates and Stranglers of Bombay.

TBR:9/27/11

TBR:7/5/11

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »

Something Weird Video Goes HD!

TBR:9/27/11

Image Entertainment has both BASKET CASE and THE BLOOD TRILOGY, consisting of Herschell Gordon Lewis’ BLOOD FEAST, TWO THOUSAND MANIACS! and THE GORE GORE GIRLS, coming on the hi-def format September 27. The latter ties in with Image’s DVD release the same day of Henenlotter’s documentary HERSCHELL GORDON LEWIS: THE GODFATHER OF GORE. The impetus to get his debut feature about Duane Bradley and his monstrous basket-dwelling brother Belial onto Blu-ray was Henenlotter’s discovery of the original negatives a couple of years back. “I’ve had the negative the whole time, but it was mislabeled, so I didn’t know I had it,” he tells us. It really has been lost all these years; otherwise, I would have gone with it on the first DVD!

• New video introduction by Henenlotter

• Audio commentary by Henenlotter, producer Edgar Ievins and actress Beverly Bonner

• Rare outtakes and behind-the-scenes footage

• 2001 IN SEARCH OF THE HOTEL BROSLIN video short

• Gallery of BASKET CASE exploitation art and behind-the-scenes photos

• Two theatrical trailers, plus TV spot

• Two rare BASKET CASE radio spots

Retail price is $17.97, as it is for the BLOOD TRILOGY Blu-ray, for which Henenlotter also oversaw the hi-def remastering of the Lewis trio, with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtracks. The extras here will be:

• Audio commentary on each movie by Lewis and producer David F. Friedman

• Outtakes

• CARVING MAGIC with William Kerwin and Harvey Korman

• Theatrical trailers for each movie

• Galleries of exploitation art

British distributors Arrow Video have revealed that they are preparing a Blu-ray release of William Lustig’s cult film Maniac Cop (1988), starring Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead), Tom Atkins (The Fog), and Laurene Landon (Hundra).The exact street date and technical specs for this release are unknown at the moment. However, Arrow Video have confirmed that it will be Region-Free.

daveblackeye15

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »

On the Godzilla side of things it would seem two movies are finally getting released over here. Godzilla vs. Megalon and Destroy All Monsters!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2011/06/07/its-official-media-blasters-licenses-destroy-all-monsters-and-godzilla-vs-megalon-for-dvd-and-blu-ray/

Now Destroy All Monsters is loads of fun and I know Megalon tends to be one of the most hated of all the films. Still, I have a guilty pleasure of that one and I am a completest.

And think kind of renews my hopes that someday 1985 and Biollante will get DVD releases in the U.S.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 11:52:22 AM »

MST3K: MANOS - SPECIAL EDITION

* Disc one will feature the classic MST3K episode, a featurette–”Group Therapy: Wherein Joel, Trace, Frank & Mary Jo relive the horror”–and the MST3K Hour wraps.
* Disc two will feature the original unMSTed movie, “Jam Handy To the Rescue!” A Daniel Griffith/Ballyhoo Production featurette (written by and starring Larry Blamire), BOTH parts of the short “Hired!” “My (Educational) Short Life,” an Interview with Joel Hodgson and–wait for it–“Hotel Torgo”.

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=9933

I will probably end up buying this for the special features, but it's not going to be a high priority.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  DVD News « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.