Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:49:34 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  DVD News « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: DVD News  (Read 22744 times)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 12:46:06 AM »

Yeah the cover is decent I think. Also the picture of Gamera is from Guardian of the Universe and not Revenge of Iris.

That idea with the Blu-rays could work, but i'm sure lowest common denomentor shoppers would ruin it for everyone. It would be cool having 50 movies on about 5 discs though.

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Dead Alive Blu-Ray October 4th

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dead-Alive-Blu-ray/26314/

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »

Still no release date or package or anything, but apparently Criterion is going to release the original Godzilla movie "Gojira" on Blu-ray and DVD sometime in the future. Heck they haven't even said anything on the matter, they just posted this picture on their Facebook page

The Japanese on that film canister says "Dupe Posi(tive): GODZILLA. Reel 2 of 10 Reels. Toho Company, Ltd" by the way.

Gojira has been released before on DVD and Blu-Ray, but if Criterion is doing a completely new restoration i'm defiantly re-buying the movie a 3rd time.

Here's an article also
http://augustragone.blogspot.com/2011/08/criterion-prepping-godzilla-1954-dvd-bd.html

Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »

Still no release date or package or anything, but apparently Criterion is going to release the original Godzilla movie "Gojira" on Blu-ray and DVD sometime in the future. Heck they haven't even said anything on the matter, they just posted this picture on their Facebook page

The Japanese on that film canister says "Dupe Posi(tive): GODZILLA. Reel 2 of 10 Reels. Toho Company, Ltd" by the way.

Gojira has been released before on DVD and Blu-Ray, but if Criterion is doing a completely new restoration i'm defiantly re-buying the movie a 3rd time.

Here's an article also
http://augustragone.blogspot.com/2011/08/criterion-prepping-godzilla-1954-dvd-bd.html

I got pretty excited when I saw that yesterday.  The Classic Media DVD is nice, but all the reviews I read of the Blu-ray release weren't that great (I'm sure it looks a little better but not enough to upgrade) but if Criterion can do what they've done with a lot of films it ought to be a treat.  I just hope they don't keep us waiting for too long!

EDIT:  Gets even better!  From The Good, the Bad and Godzilla:

So, Criterion put the call out to film collectors, everywhere, to help locate 35mm elements for GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS! Startlingly, within 24 hours...several fans — working together and respecting the anonymity of the source...veritable Rosetta Stone, something far better than a 35mm print has been located: A 35mm Fine-Grain Print!

Basically that's a print that isn't designed to be projected but is used in making duplicate prints for projection.  So aside from a great and restored version of the original film, we should be getting a fantastic looking copy of the US version!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:24:15 PM by Pilgermann » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  DVD News « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.