Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:53:35 PM
714216 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your movie concepts! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Share your movie concepts!  (Read 6549 times)
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« on: June 05, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »

Hey there, Badmovies.org.

Recently I have applied to a school for film and arts which I audition for in the summer. One of the things that they want from me is a short screenplay to review my story telling abilities. I've been pulling my hair trying to think of some kind of original movie concept, but I have fallen into a great depression and my creative motivations have left me. I have some ideas for a story myself, but have a hard time fabricating a solid concept. of course in a community devoted to off the wall films I may find some kind of creative stimulation? Any kind of interesting b-movie concept, which isn't overly large scale

What do you say? What are your original movie ideas? (keep in mind I may borrow on them, with your permission)

EDIT: Thanks everyone, I finished my plot, but if you still want to share your awesome movie ideas, then post away; these are really clever

-Jimmybob
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:06:42 PM by jimmybob » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:22:19 PM »

There's this one that I've had in my head for several years now, which I think I've got pretty well thought out, except for a plot...

A slain city councilman is sent back from Hell to collect the soul of a former political rival. However, his mission is interrupted by a zombie invasion. The rival escapes, while the ghost is stuck in town protecting the living from the other kind of dead.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:38:05 PM »

1. An animal gets the zombie virus from drinking out of a puddle that is contaminated by toxic waste, spilled by the US Government.
2. All animals get the zombie virus, chaos ensues.
3. People get the zombie virus, more chaos.
4. The zombie virus becomes the first real virus to replicate itself as a computer virus, virtual chaos.
5. All the computers connected to the internet get the virus, international virtual chaos.
6. The now infected computers at GM, Ford, Boeing, Lockheed, etc, start making robots, ,robot zombies.
7. The only computer not infected is used to try and hack the infected systems.
8. It doesn't work and all the information on the computer gets sucked up by the now zombified internet.
9. That computer happened to be the computer of which a martial-arts master kept all his info, , so, , all the zombie robots, people, and animals, learn (forcibly), Kung-Fu, and start using it on each other.
10. People start uploading all kinds of other martial arts, to try and counter the Kung-Fu. At least one robot has a mowhawk, looks like Chuck Liddell, and pounds the crap out of another robot that resembles Hulk Hogan.
11. The people that aren't infected (who's numbers are shrinking), try uploading all kinds of stuff to stop, , well, , everything by now. This will be shown as all kinds of crazy crap like 10-story robot-zombies line dancing, or re-enacting Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video. There is at least one reference to a scene from "Xanadu", and possibly "Flashdance".
12. An obviously female zombie robot does a strip tease, using an antenna tower for a pole.
13. A group of 60 foot zombie robots re-enact the campfire farting scene from "Blazing Saddles".
14. In the end, , all the pollution caused by the robots will cause acid rain, , the zombie virus's only natural enemy.
15. Some hot chick shows her boobs.
16. In a "drawback scene", we learn that there were intergalactic bookies watching the whole time from space, running a betting operation on the major battles. On their betting board, there are odds for "Aliens vs. Astro Investigation and Defense Service", paying homage to Peter Jackson's "Bad Taste".
17. Some alien chick shows here boobs. She should have some number OTHER than 2 of them, perhaps 5 or 7. If she does have to have an EVEN number of them, one should be right in the middle of her back, presumably for slow dancing.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
claws
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:35:24 AM »

Woman stuck for hours in a traffic jam suspects the driver in the car behind her is a wanted serial killer.

Done right this could be one hell of a suspenseful movie. I would probably top it off with a huge surprise during the final act: the killer is also a werewolf.
dean

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 07:20:03 AM »

If you want to be cheeky, have a look to see if they have any films from alumni to see if there's a common element, and if there is try and focus on a story in that style, that may help to focus the attention.

What sort of format story does it need to be?  Short story/screenplay, feature etc.  There are limits of what you can do in either format, such as the traditional three act arc in a feature quite often gets cut down to a basic set up and joke in a short film format. [I'm generalising, but that seems to be the 'safe' way of doing things.]

Are you required to make it or just write it?  If just write it, that gives you heaps of options to make it however you want.

What are you into?  I could feed you heaps of ideas that I have bouncing around, but I find that you work better when you work within a style of film you like.

What's the idea you had?  Maybe we could add to it with some suggestions?

[I know this isn't much help, but if you want to get into the field, you should probably make sure every project has your own flavour so you can find your mojo]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Cthulhu

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »

How about a veteran from 'nam comes home to America, when a small town sheriff starts harassing him. The veteran escapes into the woods, where the manhunt begins. Soon, the hunters become the hunted.
Wait....

Jokes aside, what kind of enviroment do you live in? Are there woods around? Or do you live downtown? A suburbia?
Just so I could see where the film would take place.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:07:50 PM »

During a presidental election, ads for a brand of deli sandwich just happen to be posted. Due to the style of the advertisements, people mistake them for election ads, and vote for the sandwich.
The sandwich wins the election before people realize their mistake
People talk to the sandwich, ask it questions, ask it its political and religious beliefs, ask whether or not the sandwich is a U.S citizen.
And the sandwich, despite being a plain, non-talking, non-anthromorphic sandwich , world peace is brought as the sandwich runs the goverment. Unfortunately, neo-Nazis try to assasinate the president throughout.

Also some horror movie ideas:

Death Toaster: The Toaster that Toasted Humanity.
Hell Hamsters.
Piranhas with Freakin' Machine Guns Attached to Their Heads
Killer Kartoons: A horror movie where psychotic killer cartoon characters (like Slam Wallaby, Kasey Kockroach, Earl Buzzard, Scrappy Duck and Cooper Gator) come out of the TV and violently and gruesomely torment unsuspecting viewers. Bashing them to death with mallets, blowing things up with dynamite, etc. Why are they doing this? Because.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:21:49 AM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »

Wish I could do this for a living.

"A mans family gets killed by a head on collision. He blames himself then becomes extremely depressed and tries to accept what has happened, but he can't. He takes his like savings and starts to abuse himself by overeating,drinking and to add more gas to the fire he starts using drugs. His best friend(a doctor) takes notice and tries to help him get on a clean path which he does, but its to late...he dies in plane crash a week later after sobriety."

Have to say I got the ending from Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »

Heres an idea I thought of a while ago. But I doubt ill get the script finished

Hitler is bitten by a vampire bat while Wolves lair Abyss is being attacked. He moves to a remote house in America where he tries to make a perfect race of vampires, That is until a vacationing couple and the husbands brother need a place to stay. They soon find out about Hitlers Idea to dominate the world and they try to stop the evil Vampire Hitler, and Oh I planed it to be a musical.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »

How about a veteran from 'nam comes home to America, when a small town sheriff starts harassing him. The veteran escapes into the woods, where the manhunt begins. Soon, the hunters become the hunted.
Wait....

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

So our friend Cthulhu is David Morrell under another name? You be busted, sir.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:35:28 AM »

If it involves a mutant goat with telekenitik powers, two sentient toasters bent of world domination, and a man eating thong, it's perfect for the Sy-Fy channel.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »

If it involves a mutant goat with telekenitik powers, two sentient toasters bent of world domination, and a man eating thong, it's perfect for the Sy-Fy channel.
Make ita buddy picture... the thong's best friend and love interest is a calzone.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »

Actually a mild mannered librarain's underwear develops sentience and while he sleeps takes over his body and fights crime.  Of course, the mafia don't believei ts underwear and make the man's life a living hell.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 03:35:08 PM »

I was thinking about one: A business designed at building people's confidence: Clients stay at "camp confidence" and learn  physical fitness, self-defense, survival, firearms and such. The clients are a mix of people: A woman that just got out of an abusive relationship, a gay guy who was disowned by his family and is generally subject to abuse, a former athlete that was injured, spent some time in a coma, losing his physical fitness and his self-esteem. Say 12 or 15 clients. They stay at this camp for several months, the end of which is a three-week survival outing in an unknown wilderness.

What they don't know is that the REAL purpose of "camp confidence" is to prepare them for the final outing, in which wealthy men pay big money to hunt them down and kill them. Of course a small group survive their hunters and turn the tables on the camp's sadistic cadre.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 04:27:35 PM »

a fight breaking out at a funeral and a serious pie fight, as in no one is laughing during it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your movie concepts! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.