Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:06:20 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Human Centipede 2 Banned in the UK by the BBFC « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Human Centipede 2 Banned in the UK by the BBFC  (Read 3404 times)
claws
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:38:25 PM »

Caution. There are spoilers in the explanation:

The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is a 2011 Netherlands/UK horror by Tom Six. See IMDb
The BBFC has rejected the sexually violent, and potentially obscene DVD, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) This means that it cannot be legally supplied anywhere in the UK. The decision was taken by the Director, David Cooke and the Presidential Team of Sir Quentin Thomas, Alison Hastings and Gerard Lemos.

The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is a sequel to the film The Human Centipede (First Sequence), which was classified 18 uncut for cinema and DVD release by the BBFC in 2010. The first film dealt with a mad doctor who sews together three kidnapped people in order to produce the human centipede'of the title. Although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film and the Board concluded that it was not in breach of our Guidelines at '18. This new work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), tells the story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film and who imagines putting the centipede idea into practice. Unlike the first film, the sequel presents graphic images of sexual violence, forced defecation, and mutilation, and the viewer is invited to witness events from the perspective of the protagonist. Whereas in the first film the centipede idea is presented as a revolting medical experiment, with the focus on whether the victims will be able to escape, this sequel presents the centipede idea as the object of the protagonist's depraved sexual fantasy.

The principal focus of The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is the sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture, and murder of his naked victims. Examples of this include a scene early in the film in which he masturbates whilst he watches a DVD of the original Human Centipede film, with sandpaper wrapped around his penis, and a sequence later in the film in which he becomes aroused at the sight of the members of the centipede being forced to defecate into one another's mouths, culminating in sight of the man wrapping barbed wire around his penis and raping the woman at the rear of the centipede. There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience. There is a strong focus throughout on the link between sexual arousal and sexual violence and a clear association between pain, perversity and sexual pleasure. It is the Board's conclusion that the explicit presentation of the central character's obsessive sexually violent fantasies is in breach of its Classification Guidelines and poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers.

David Cooke, Director of the BBFC said:

It is the Board's carefully considered view that to issue a certificate to this work, even if confined to adults, would be inconsistent with the Board's Guidelines, would risk potential harm within the terms of the VRA, and would be unacceptable to the public.

The Board also seeks to avoid classifying material that may be in breach of the Obscene Publications Acts 1959 and 1964 (OPA) or any other relevant legislation. The OPA prohibits the publication of works that have a tendency to deprave or corrupt a significant proportion of those likely to see them. In order to avoid classifying potentially obscene material, the Board engages in regular discussions with the relevant enforcement agencies, including the CPS, the police, and the Ministry of Justice. It is the Board's view that there is a genuine risk that this video work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), may be considered obscene within the terms of the OPA, for the reasons given above.

The Board considered whether its concerns could be dealt with through cuts. However, given that the unacceptable content runs throughout the work, cuts are not a viable option in this case and the work is therefore refused a classification.

Source: www.horrordigital.com
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »

I find both the plot synopsis, and the censor's decision to ban the movie, disgusting.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:14:13 PM »

I can see AndyC just rubbing his hands with glee and can't wait to see the sequel.

Wink

Anyways, it does seem like quite an extreme step.
No doubt making the film even more "Must-See" to UK horror audiences. And those guys always find a way.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
venomx
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »

Banned? That means you can't watch it online or you can't buy it in stores?

Does this make it Illegal to watch at all in the UK?  Question
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »

Pretty much.

venomx
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »

Pretty much.

That sucks. Eh, that movie looks stupid anyway.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »

Pretty much.

That sucks. Eh, that movie looks stupid anyway.

Yeah, I have no interest in it, that goes for the movie that preceded it also. No doubt, the banning will increase interest and notoriety thus increasing revenue for an otherwise forgettable piece of shock value trash. I think I read that the first film only made about $12,000.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 06:48:31 PM »

I don't think that anyone's life will be scarred forever by missing this film . . . but at the same time, I don't really approve of this kind of censorship either.  Adults can decide for themselves, and parents should be watching out for their kids.  Keep the government out of it!!!

"FORBIDDEN: invested with a new and irresistible charm"
                                   - Ambrose Bierce, THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »

In the light of the decision of the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) not to grant The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) a classification certificate, Bounty Films (Australia), in conjunction with its UK distribution partner Eureka Entertainment Ltd. intends to appeal the decision.

and from Director Tom Six:

Thank you BBFC for putting spoilers of my movie on your website and thank you for banning my film in this exceptional way. Apparently I made an horrific horror-film, but shouldn't a good horror film be horrific? My dear people it is a f**king MOVIE. It is all fictional. Not real. It is all make-belief. It is art. Give people their own choice to watch it or not. If people can't handle or like my movies they just don't watch them. If people like my movies they have to be able to see it any time, anywhere also in the UK.

source: www.schnittberichte.com
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 02:03:00 AM »

Thanks, claws.

I have never seen either of these films and I don't really want to see someone wanking with sandpaper  Buggedout Buggedout but I hate censorship in any manner, shape or form: these guys must have seen what the apartheid ruled censor board did in South Africa from 1963 ~ 1994 in that they banned everything.  Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 07:00:26 AM »

What has the sandpaper go to do with anything? Seems a bit stupid...

Anyways, banned or not, I doubt I'll see it unless someone tells me it's brilliant.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Human Centipede 2 Banned in the UK by the BBFC « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.