Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:25:28 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stupid habits you have « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Stupid habits you have  (Read 8326 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 07, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »

Example:

Ticket Vendor: "Enjoy your movie!"
You: "You too!"

That error you make that you just keep doing. It bugs you when you do it and drives you crazy.

Mine: Thinking I lost something THAT'S IN MY HANDS.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:23 PM »

Misplacing stuff in general.  There are certain items I don't leave the house without; my wallet, phone, chapstick and keys.  I usually can't find at least one of those things. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »

In my young days, I'd buy the restaurant sized bottle of tomato sauce cause it was better value.  Then I'd decant some into a normal sized bottle.  The small bottle I'd put in the fridge and the restaurant sized one would go into the pantry.

I never realised this was weird until a friend of mine pointed it out to me.  It was only afrter the millionth time he laughed at me about it that I stopped doing it.

I still scratch my head why I did it that way TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »

Whenever I put my golf clubs in the trunk of the car, due to the size of the golf bag it brings my hand into close proximity to the spring that holds the trunk lid open.  I can't even count how many times I've taken a chunk of skin out of the back of my hand on that stupid thing.

I'm always thinking about one thing while doing another.  So I'm constantly walking into rooms and having no idea what I was going to do in there.  Or sitting down at the computer to do something, but not knowing what.  Or walking into the garage to get a shovel, but walking out with a rake.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:35:48 AM »

I have this stupid habit of never bothering or attempting to change or wash me undies.......  Buggedout TongueOut TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:44:12 AM »

Much like Jack I'm getting old.   BounceGiggle I have a lot of issues too of going to do something  but end up being sidetracked.  I blame that on the kids though. 

We have our trash inside a pantry.  Whenever I walk in to change the trash I smack my head on this low hanging coat rack.  I actually realize now why the top of my head hurts a lot.   Lookingup

DarkSider's Realm

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:22:09 AM »

I would say this is more of an OCD-ish thing, but I've done it all my life. If I'm ever having a beverage from a any kind of disposable cup that has a seam running up the side, I absolutely have to drink it with the seam facing away from me. I can't tell you why this must be, it just must. If I buy a cup of coffee that has that kind of cup, and the mouth opening is not situated with the seam facing away, I have an irresistable compulsion to take off the lid and adjust it accordingly. It's such a subtle thing that even my wife never noticed it for a long time. It's a perfectly harmless compulsion, so I don't worry about it, but it is pretty stupid.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 09:51:20 AM »

When going up or down stairs I always start with my left foot. I don't know why but I've been doing this since I was a kid.
Not sure if this is stupid but I don't like looking at people when they eat, unless I know the person is a "clean eater".
When I find a recipe online and I'm cooking food based on that recipe, I walk back and forth between the kitchen and the pc in my room to look what ingredient I need next.
Of course it would be easier to just write it down on a piece of paper but I usually don't think that far  Bluesad
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »

when ever I do something stupid, I always say Ow for no reason.

I also do that in Video games  Lookingup
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:45:04 PM by El Toro Loco » Logged

yeah no.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 11:36:36 AM »

When I find a recipe online and I'm cooking food based on that recipe, I walk back and forth between the kitchen and the pc in my room to look what ingredient I need next.
Of course it would be easier to just write it down on a piece of paper but I usually don't think that far  Bluesad

I do that too ...  Question

Hold onto your dreams ....
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 12:06:28 PM »

I tend to put lids on hot drinks and then try to cool it down by blowing through small holes.

When I'm walking up to doors that open inward I can't help but do a skip/slide move before I grab the handle/knob. No idea why, but I always do it.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »

Every day I get up, get dressed and drive an hour to sit in a box talking on the phone to angry people.  And I have done this for years.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »

A lot of things. Like having to have stuff a certain way or else It will bug me to death. Like I always keep my Tv volume in places like it was counting by fives, 10 15 20 etc. Also little things like a little smudge on a screen drives me insane. I think I might be OCD and i'm really just starting to realize since i'm usually pretty messy but I guess its just other things that annoy me.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »

I would say this is more of an OCD-ish thing, but I've done it all my life. If I'm ever having a beverage from a any kind of disposable cup that has a seam running up the side, I absolutely have to drink it with the seam facing away from me. I can't tell you why this must be, it just must. If I buy a cup of coffee that has that kind of cup, and the mouth opening is not situated with the seam facing away, I have an irresistable compulsion to take off the lid and adjust it accordingly. It's such a subtle thing that even my wife never noticed it for a long time. It's a perfectly harmless compulsion, so I don't worry about it, but it is pretty stupid.

I do the same thing. What annoys me is some people working in coffee shops have the habit of always putting the opening on the seam side. I'm thinking the logic is that the parts of the lid meant to stay sealed have a seamless rim to seal against. That just goes against my desire to have a seamless rim on the drinking side.

I have a few little OCD type things I do. Maybe not as many as I used to, but still some.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »

I was real off kilter tonight.  I found the aluminum foil in the fridge.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stupid habits you have « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.