Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:47:00 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Barq's Root Beer- You Some Heavy Competition « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Barq's Root Beer- You Some Heavy Competition  (Read 4087 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: June 08, 2011, 12:52:11 PM »

I LOVE Barq's Root Beer, hell I own Shirt that has Barq's Root Beer on it. But there seems to be heavy competition for Mug, A&W, Abita, etc. But there's one that you have probably never heard of: Old Town Root Beer Company. All I can say is that this drink Goes beyond Mug and all of them, this really gives Barq's a run for it's money. here's what it looks like:

I love this so much, I might even like it better than Barq's!!!! Buggedout There's even a Sarsaparilla

Which, and I'm afraid to say this, but BEATS Barq's...... Buggedout

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:57:02 PM »

Stewart's root beer is my favorite. I get it fresh from a Stewart's root beer shop down the road. It's awesome.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »

Don't care so much which brand it is, as long as it's served by scantily clad babes on roller skates   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »

^^ seconded. 

Ah, the good old days.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »

Stewart's is pretty good, honestly.

I flipped when the store up the street started selling several Stewart's Branded sodas, and Root Beer was one. BounceGiggle

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »

Stewart's root beer is my favorite. I get it fresh from a Stewart's root beer shop down the road. It's awesome.

Fresh, ice cold root beer! I've gotta look for one of those shops in my town. Root beer is definitely one of things that is best sampled as fresh as possible.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
venomx
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »

Fresh from the keg. Not really a shop though, it's a drive in with car hop girls. It's awesome.

Vast amounts of Stewart's drive ins New Jersey, and New York.

In NJ it's only open in the summer though.

They have great ice cream as well. Thumbup
Pilgermann

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »

I like pretty much any root beer, but I LOVE Boylan:

They also make great orange soda and ginger beer among others.  All of their stuff is all natural with cane sugar and whatnot.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »

Fresh from the keg. Not really a shop though, it's a drive in with car hop girls. It's awesome.

Vast amounts of Stewart's drive ins New Jersey, and New York.

In NJ it's only open in the summer though.

They have great ice cream as well. Thumbup
Only Stewart's I've seen is on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ.  They have a fully functional restaurant and all.  Food wasn't too bad.  In fact, reminded me too much of the one I work in. 

venomx
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 09:10:03 PM »

^ Everytime I go I get porkroll and cheese, fries and a large rootbeer, its really good. Thumbup

Only Stewart's I've seen is on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ.

Here are some others...

http://www.agilitynut.com/eateries/stew.html

Stewart's Root Beer has more than 60 locations (38 of them in NJ, the others in MD, KY, OH, WV, and PA). The company plans to expand to Florida. The first Stewart's drive-in was built in 1924 in Mansfield, OH. That location featured car hops and served only root beer and popcorn. In 1989, Stewart's began bottling its root beer. Today, there are over a dozen flavors distributed nationwide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »

^ Everytime I go I get porkroll and cheese, fries and a large rootbeer, its really good. Thumbup

Only Stewart's I've seen is on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ.

Here are some others...

http://www.agilitynut.com/eateries/stew.html

Stewart's Root Beer has more than 60 locations (38 of them in NJ, the others in MD, KY, OH, WV, and PA). The company plans to expand to Florida. The first Stewart's drive-in was built in 1924 in Mansfield, OH. That location featured car hops and served only root beer and popcorn. In 1989, Stewart's began bottling its root beer. Today, there are over a dozen flavors distributed nationwide.

Wow.  Thanks for the info.  Didn't know there were so many around.  Past few years I had only known of it cause the corner store up the street sells a couple of their sodas.  Then I saw the spot on the boards and had to stop in, and found out they had a HUGE selection of sodas available.  Some of the food reminded me of what we make at work so I enjoyed that.  Reasonably priced too.  I may have to check out other locations.

venomx
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 03:45:21 AM »

No problem. The Stewart's at the Jersey Shore have classic car shows on Sundays as well. Smile

If you Google that, you'll see some sweet 69' Barracudas and Camaros.

I'm almost sure there is some in New York, I remember going to a few...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 04:05:18 AM »

Friends here persuaded me to try root beer when it became available here last year sometime and I did: no disrespect intended to anyone but I didn't like the taste. To me it was kind of like a mixture of club soda and cough syrup.  Drink Buggedout.

That said, the taste aside, the day I tried RB for the first time was a hot one and the drink was at least refreshing.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
venomx
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »

I agree...

There are some rootbeers that taste straight awful. I had them, I know. Some taste like how you described and some are flat nasty and some don't even taste like rootbeer at all lol. I know that probability ruined your experience.

But if you ever visit the US be sure to stop at a Stewart's rootbeer and give it one more try.  Smile Thumbup
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 12:14:34 AM »

Thanks, venomx: what I had was one of this company's products: www.frankiessoftdrinks.co.za ~ their rootbeer was cold, refreshing but tasted foul otherwise.  Buggedout
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:17:19 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Barq's Root Beer- You Some Heavy Competition « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.