Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:16:00 PM
714313 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Maximum Overdrive  (Read 6317 times)
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »

"We made you!"  I've yelled that at various appliances and contraptions over the years. Did no good. I should have just used a steam roller.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »

That is very unrealistic.  A comet's tail wouldn't cause machines on Earth  to kill humans.  Like I said before, those machines weren't going haywire.  They were under intelligent control.  Radiation wouldn't cause machines to do that.  The radiation would kill all the people saving those machines the extra work.
If there's something that movies have taught me, it's that radioactivity will make ANYTHING want to kill humans. 

And how do you know machines weren't just waiting for an excuse to kill people.  I already don't trust my alarm clock. 
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »

That is very unrealistic.  A comet's tail wouldn't cause machines on Earth to kill humans.

No kidding. I don`t know how I missed it before, but that is hilarious. Has to be one of the goofiest serious statements to appear on this forum. It`s like lecturing on the inaccurate portrayal of pixie dust in a movie.
 BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I have one. A hat wouldn`t really make a snowman come to life. It would just sit on his head. I would much rather have an accurate snowman in my story, thank you very much. You would have to think people are pretty stupid not to give them a snowman that stands in one spot until it melts.
BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Sorry. Had to get that out. Back to King.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:44:37 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »

I just watched this last night, it was on the Independent Film Channel (of all places!) a few nights ago so I recorded it. Hadn't seen it since it first came out on VHS back in the day and remembered very little of it except for a vague feeling that it wasn't very good. Those memories were accurate. This movie was a thunderous half-baked frickin' mess, but it was SO much fun!!

I remember when it came out in theatres, Stephen King did the talk show/morning radio circuit to promote the film and even then he was calling it a "moron movie." That should've been the first clue that this was gonna be a train wreck. But what a glorious train wreck it is! Plot holes, awkward dialogue, and "WTF" moments abound, but that's balanced out by the fact that a whole lotta stuff blows up real good and the soundtrack is by AC/DC.

King has gone on to admit that he was "coked out of his mind" during the production of M.O. and therefore he had no business trying to direct a movie. Legend has it that he basically let the assistant director do most of the work while he went "*SNORT* Yeah, yeah, that looks fine, whatever, man, it's great *SNORT*"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »

"We made you!"  I've yelled that at various appliances and contraptions over the years. Did no good. I should have just used a steam roller.

Ha!  I actually do that all the time too!  Whenever an electronic device or machine of mine doesn't work right, I always yell out "we made you.  We MADE YOU!", doing my best impression of the waitress.  My wife used to think I was totally nuts till I made her watch the movie with me.  Now, she's even done it a few times...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
voltron

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »

The one scene that stuck to me when I first saw this as a kid was the part where the soda machine goes nuts. Cool! Also, I didn't know King was a cokehead! I know in Danse Macabre he reflects on watching Robot Monster while baked on weed, but I digress....

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.