Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:37:09 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Second Income « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Income  (Read 1619 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: June 13, 2011, 12:03:49 PM »

How many people here have a second income aside from their primary source/day job/etc.?

I've been thinking about getting something going. I don't know if social security will be there when I retire, and even if it is, I'm not trying to rely on it anyway.

I've looked a little into freelance writing, as that seems pretty solid and I have some skills there. Another big one seems to be web design, which would take a little initial investment in training and software, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Any tips/advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »

I do adjunct instructing at the local community college; I sell Indian artifacts on EBay, and go to artifact shows as often as I can in the summer months.  I pull in a few thousand a year that way.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 03:51:08 PM »

I currently work only one job.  However, in the 1980s I worked briefly as a substitute junior high teacher.  It was fairly easy work if you didn't mind dealing with wise ass kids once in awhile.  I would consider doing it again.  Unfortunately, my full-time job requires me to work during school hours.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

I write a weekly column for a website in addition to doing several things for my website. It builds my resume, is in my career field, and I have more fun writing my weekly column.  Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »

I still think we should produce and sell a "Men of Badmovies.Org Swimsuit Calendar."  However, I've mentioned this several times in the past and been ridiculed.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 04:59:58 PM »

I still think we should produce and sell a "Men of Badmovies.Org Swimsuit Calendar."  However, I've mentioned this several times in the past and been ridiculed.

If we do themed pics having to do with movies, I can see the possibilities. I'd like to be photographed running and gunning with an M60 machine gun through a Vietnam-like jungle. Can we do that?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 05:46:30 PM »

I used to get a little extra money once a week helping put ads in the newspapers for the Oregonian, in addition to my regular job at a golf product warehouse.  I showed up at a simple garage, grab the crappy ads (that fall at your feet when you open the paper), and put them in the papers.  I'd put together over a thousand usually.  Often the "boss" (a friend of my Dad's, and a pretty nice guy who I still see once in a great while) would work with me and we'd bust them out pretty quick.  I'd get like 20-30 bucks for grocery money.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »

I sell my body to hot women for sex...

Ok maybe not.  Actually I've thought about a second income in the past but the job market sucks now. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 08:46:26 PM »

I've always secretly wanted to moonlight as a pro wrestling manager  BounceGiggle or a late night Horror movie host who uses puppets (well, honestly I'd like to do that last one full-time)...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »

I did teaching for a long time...statistics online, and biology live.  It was greatm, and allowe dus to really get ahead.  However since kids there is no time for that.  Sadly, this is when we really NEED more money.  The trick is to find something that pays enough to make the time away from real life worth while.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Second Income « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.