Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:16:31 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I am SO stinking tired!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I am SO stinking tired!!!  (Read 3591 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: June 15, 2011, 12:02:03 AM »

We  had three goats come up very wormy Sunday afternoon - gums white as snow, no energy, listless.  We wormed all three and tried to drench them and give them electrolytes, but all three died during the day today.  I HATE losing livestock!!!! Hatred

Then my best pal and I spent ALL DAY when I wasn't nursing sick goats rebuilding the transom on my boat to hold the new 25HP motor I bought for it last week.  Replacing a simply piece of plywood should not take two grown men over 8 hours!!!! Bluesad

I think I will sleep till noon tomorrow . . . wait, I can't, we've got to finish reassembling the boat and bolting the new motor onto it. Buggedout

With any luck, maybe a test drive tomorrow afternoon? Twirling

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:51:06 AM »

Sorry to hear about the goats.  It is frustrating when an animal dies, and you know it could have been prevented.  It's just difficult to catch everything in time.

Then my best pal and I spent ALL DAY when I wasn't nursing sick goats rebuilding the transom on my boat to hold the new 25HP motor I bought for it last week.  Replacing a simply piece of plywood should not take two grown men over 8 hours!!!! Bluesad

You know perfectly well that every project will take 2-4 times longer than expected!  I run into this every time I go to fix something on the house, because I discover that not only do I need to replace what I expected to replace, but two or three things that are attached to it as well.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »

I WISH I had more time to spend on household projects. I love my boys utterly and completely, but a 1-year-old and a 3-year-old really eat into one's time, at least when both parents are working full time that is. I'm tired all the time.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:47:27 AM »

That reminds me. I have to replace the transom on my boat. Pretty badly rotted. And the seats need sanding and varnishing. The rest of the boat is aluminum, but the wood needs occasional attention. That is if I can find the time between mowing the lawn and doing body work on the van.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

I hate fixing the transom's on all my boats. Lately I've been thinking of going down to that new Big Box outlet, Transoms, Forecastles and Beyond and picking up one of them fancy store bought transoms. Just doesn't seem right though. Smile

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »

Yesterday I woke up at 3 and fell asleep at 6 at night. Today I wokeup at 1 in the morning....I'm going on fumes.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

Hell, if it only took me eight hours to put up one piece of plywood, I'd be pretty happy.   Cheers

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »

it is DONE!!! Ray came over at 8:30 this AM and we worked all morning - putting the new transom in, carefully drilling all the holes, re mounting all the aluminum fittings that attach to the transom, and finally mounting the new motor itself.  FOUR three inch long, 5/16" bolts holding that 25hp bad boy onto an inch and a half of treated plywood - any accident that rips that motor off is pretty much going to have to tear the boat in two now!!!  I'm off to the lake on Friday.  Fun Fun!!! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Cthulhu

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »

I just plain stink. Lookingup
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 05:43:10 PM »

What you need,Indy,is a little R and R! Get a BAD movie-snuggle up to yer wifey-and relax.

I,myself-work 8 hours every day-at the same monotonous job. It's not so much physically draining-(I operate machinery) than it is mentally numbing. I come home from work a brain dead zombie. Why it is that I don't post so much on here during the evening Monday thru Thursday-'cept early in the morn. I usually cook dinner for me and my son Eddie,and watch the reruns of the old Route 66 TV show on channel 2-(a religious channel that plays old tv shows from the 50s in the evening-Route 66 is my favorite.)

RELAX! Give yerself a break! If you was here I'd give ya a drink and a seat-watch old monster movies.  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 12:48:31 AM »

Thanks RC!
All the labor will be totally worth it Friday as I zip around my favorite lake and pick up LOTS and LOTS of arrowheads!!!

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »

it is DONE!!! Ray came over at 8:30 this AM and we worked all morning - putting the new transom in, carefully drilling all the holes, re mounting all the aluminum fittings that attach to the transom, and finally mounting the new motor itself.  FOUR three inch long, 5/16" bolts holding that 25hp bad boy onto an inch and a half of treated plywood - any accident that rips that motor off is pretty much going to have to tear the boat in two now!!!  I'm off to the lake on Friday.  Fun Fun!!! TeddyR

Indy, Ray, and one of Ray's friends worked tirelessly to restore to boat to it's original condition:

Small | Large

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 03:53:33 PM »

We managed to catch and treat 28 out of 34 goats this morning.  And I got stung on the arm by a wasp.  It was about 100 degrees too!  But now I'm bathed and about to cook supper before I hook up the Water Falcon and head off to the lake!

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 04:37:15 PM »

Good luck with the reentransomated boat!

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:55 PM »

It's a good thing I don't sleep at night, not much at all... what time is it?  Midnight?   Question  Yeh, and it's THUNDERDOME for me too, 3 go in, but NONE come out...  Question Twirling Drink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I am SO stinking tired!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.