Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:14:50 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Overlooked Bad Movie Gems « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Overlooked Bad Movie Gems  (Read 16322 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »

I would say Leonard Part 6 as my choice because it is degraded as a movie, but it is fun to watch after working for about 5 hours in the sun.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 04:32:02 AM »

UTOPIA (1950)
Laurel and Hardy's final film. This was made in Italy. Stan looks very ill here-it's not a real bad film-but it's hard to watch poor Stan doing slapstick-the poor guy looks like he's in pain.
I saw this on a Sunday morning waay back in the early '70's.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 07:50:25 AM »

Run Like Hell (1995)

Small | Large

Most pathetic training sequence.....ever!  Lookingup

melvinthemopboy3
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 11:12:06 AM »

Combat Shock would be my pick. One of Troma's lesser known pickups. It's not actually a "bad" movie, just really low budget. It's quite grim, and the trailer kicks ass. It's about a Vietnam vet who comes back to Staten Island only to discover that life on the streets is more treacherous than the jungles! Sort of a cross between Taxi Driver and Eraserhead.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »

One of my favorites, it truly achieves a Hobgoblins level of...whatever word you want to use   BounceGiggle

Small | Large

And speaking of Hobgoblins, Rick Sloane's first movie was pretty "good" as well.

Small | Large

The Stay Awake is another favorite.  I've watched it 2 or 3 times.  Here's the whole darned movie if you're interested   TeddyR

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:55:13 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »

Actually not really a bad movie.. Ernest Borgnine's VENGEANCE IS MINE (1974).  He's simply terrific in this tale somewhat similar to LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.  His daughter (and other people) are accosted by these escaped convicts, and he goes overboard in his cruel vengeance, alienating him from his daughter.  Only towards the end does he realize he's become what he hates.  Great flick.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:51:10 PM by retrorussell » Logged

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 05:49:45 PM »

DEMON COP (1990)

I've posted this on the forum before, but it needs posting again. Seriously, watch this clip and try and tell me that you don't wanna see this film!?

Small | Large

voltron

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 06:43:20 AM »

I agree! This one gets very little love, even from ardent schlock-o-philes, but I think it's a hoot.

Here's my contribution to the thread:

Small | Large

New Gladiators.

Dig that "high quality" miniature work.

Lucio Fulci's silly, incredibly cheesy stab at the sci-fi/deathsport genre. Awesome overuse of star filters, chintzy production design, laughable dialogue, ridiculous costumes, shoddy special effects, a downright awesome cheeseball synth score by Riz Ortolani, endless amounts of sweaty-faced overacting, Fred Williamson sportin' a pretty sweet headband, Al Cliver playing the biggest waste of space ever to take up space onscreen, high school science project-level miniatures, and soooo much more. And, yet, it all remains surprisingly watchable. I stumbled across the movie mostly by accident. I knew a guy who was selling a bunch of crappy Italian post-nuke movies on used DVD and this was one of the flicks I grabbed up, solely because it was a Fulci flick and I'm a huge fan of Fulci's horror films. But then I waited for MONTHS to watch it because I was convinced it would be unenjoyable dung and that I'd made a huge mistake in buying it. Finally, I caved, and I stuck it in the DVD player right before bed, figuring I'd look at it a little, get the gist of it, then turn it off and go to bed. No, instead I watched it all the way through... TWICE. The second time I watched it with the audio commentary, which was done by two Troma employees (one of 'em being Trent Haaga) who, naturally, had absolutely nothing to do with the movie at all. Nevertheless, the commentary is a riot. Anyway, after that I actually started to watch it a THIRD time, but finally gave in to my need for sleep and turned it off halfway through. In any case, since then it has become a high-ranking personal favorite, and I show it to all my friends at some point. It's so BAD but in such an ENTERTAINING way, and it's ripe for the MST3K treatment (riffers will find a LOT of material to work off of here). Even if you don't like Fulci's horror stuff, if you dig really campy, really poorly made goofball garbage with a 70's sci-fi flavor you should give it a look-see. HIGHLY recommended.

Here's some more YouTube vids:

The Troma DVD release trailer (it's worth noting, by the way, that the "lovingly remastered" DVD Troma put out is, of course, about the same quality as an old VHS... however, with as tacky and schlocky as New Gladiators is, that works perfectly in favor of the film, if you ask me)

Small | Large

What I like to call the "danger room" scene, gives you a good idea of the laughable FX techniques (gee, I wonder if that seizure-inducing strobe light effect exists solely so the hologram characters can "appear" and "vanish" between frames, lol), the hacky over-the-top acting (the guy in the nazi hat is absolute gold, by the way, if you watch the movie all the way through a couple times, he'll quickly become one of your favorite things about it), and the overall WTF-factor at play throughout the entire picture. The music, you'll notice, is awesome, by the way.

Small | Large

I actually started writing what eventually became a freaking EPIC unfinished review of New Gladiators for Bearded Weirdo Reviews. Since I've recently decided to completely take down Bearded Weirdo Reviews, it seems the review will probably go unfinished. One of these days I'll see if I can track down the incomplete version and maybe post a few excerpts that explain better just what it is about New Gladiators that I find so utterly magical.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »

Run Like Hell (1995)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtjni6qDn8

Most pathetic training sequence.....ever!  Lookingup

BounceGiggle

I just watched a bit of Stay Awake and Demon Cop as well lol...

Stay Awake reminded me of Aerobicide
Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:54:35 AM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »

Run Like Hell (1995)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtjni6qDn8

Most pathetic training sequence.....ever!  Lookingup

MY GOD, that's worst than Pocket Ninjas!!!! Buggedout

yeah no.
major jay

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »

BOWANGA BOWANGA: THE WHITE SIRENS OF AFRICA
4kGmJl1_I3U

I first saw this on Elvira under the title UNTAMED WOMEN (which is a totally different movie) and fell in love with it. I then got the dvd, and have watched it at least ten times since.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »

Small | Large

Most wrestling fans are likely familiar with this one but yeah more bad movie fans probably should be as well...I consider it a bad movie must myself.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 07:22:37 AM »

Samurai Cop

It's sad really.  This is the perfect example of a so bad that it's good buddy cop movie and not many people talk about it.  Everything is terrible, but yet so entertaining.

Small | Large

Small | Large

This part... is downright horrible that I just cringe listening to it.  Enjoy then!

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »

This part... is downright horrible that I just cringe listening to it.  Enjoy then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gk04xzN3U

lol brilliant BounceGiggle

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Overlooked Bad Movie Gems « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.