Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:26:57 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Level of Profanity « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you use profanity?
$#!+ Yes! I don't care who hears me! - 3 (11.5%)
$#!+ Yes! But I censor myself in certain situations. - 14 (53.8%)
Occasionally, but it doesn't happen often. - 6 (23.1%)
Very rarely, like just hit my hand with a hammer rarely. - 3 (11.5%)
Never, there is never any call for foul language. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your Level of Profanity  (Read 6856 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: June 16, 2011, 04:00:10 AM »

Let me say this, I love profanity. I am a fan of filth and sleazy language. I think that a judicious use of profanity is often the greatest use of language.

However, I censor myself almost constantly. A lot of that is because I work in public service, the other half is that my family isn't as big a fan of filth as I am. So I censor what would be a non-stop stream of filth out of my mouth.

If I wasn't constrained by these situations, I would make it my business to make every sentence I say an exercise in the artwork of profanity.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
venomx
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 04:13:26 AM »

From Dirty JerZey, I don't care who hears me. But I TRY to censor myself in certain situations. Wink
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 04:46:03 AM »

I'll say "f$ck you."  in front of dam Holy Jesus. I don't give a f$ck. I just don't care-as far as swearing goes. I'll swear in a f$cking kindergarden school. "Kindergarden". Some kinda Nazi word for little brats? F$ck that.
Seriously folks--
 TongueOut

yeah-I swear too much.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 06:29:12 AM »

Occasionally.  Physical pain is going to result in an impressive stream of profanities, but other than that I don't swear much.  I really don't swear when I'm mad, but if something kind of ticks me off, that's when I might get a bit "colorful".  I'm weird that way. 

Really depends on who I'm with though - surround me with some guys who are swearing all the time and I'll fit right in.  But at work or around my family, which is about 99.9% of the time, not much at all.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 06:52:09 AM »

Swearing for me, much like Ralphie's father in A Christmas Story, is an art form.  Growing up, swears were tossed between family out in the open.  So the wonderful tapestry I weave using profanity is epic.  I do however censor myself in front of designated company.  I do swear in front of my kids and in secret I let my oldest slip  a few words out here and there.  However, I discourage it for the most part from my children. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 08:25:26 AM »

I've learned to censor myself around my kids, and although I use profanity pretty regularly, I also use proper discretion depending on the circumstance. That is, it's reasonably under control.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »

In addition to high levels of profanity, I also say a lot of "shocking" or "politically incorrect" things . . . but I usually consider who my audience is before I go too far into the land of no return.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 11:32:12 AM »

Very rarely ever swear and when I do it tends to be at myself.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 12:18:24 PM »

Second choice, dammit!  Wink

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »

I used to use more profanity, although not in all situations. It was definitely frowned upon at home, although my dad always swore quite a bit. And as an adult, I got into a line of work where I had a reputation to protect, and an expectation of professionalism. Of course, when my friends and I were together, we could be as filthy as we wanted to be, and that seemed to make up for it.

Now, with all of my involvement in business, church and a small community, plus a kid at home, I never get to just let loose with the sailor talk, except maybe if I hit my thumb with a hammer or something. I've moved away from all the old friends I knew and trusted well enough to be that candid. That's one thing I don't really have here - friends. Oh, I have plenty of acquaintances, associates, neighbours and people I don't mind being around, but nobody I can just call up and do stuff with, or just let my guard down for a while and talk about anything using any words. It's actually kind of stressful.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »

I work so very hard not to, there are so many better ways of being expressive.
But when I do I seem to be scare-old-ladies- and strip -the paint-from-the-walls offenisve.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »

But when I do I seem to be scare-old-ladies- and strip -the paint-from-the-walls offenisve.
-Ed

I find swearing a very effective way to scare people away who want to hurt me. Ain't had to do it in a while-but imaginative swearing and evil Charlie Manson eyes can save your life. When I lived in NYC it came in handy. In 1983- cutting myself with a broken bottle while screaming "WANT MY BLOOD?!?" scared off a gang off a***oles in Queens. I slammed it into my forehead.
It hurt.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 04:34:28 PM »

-Ed

I find swearing a very effective way to scare people away who want to hurt me. Ain't had to do it in a while-but imaginative swearing and evil Charlie Manson eyes can save your life. When I lived in NYC it came in handy. In 1983- cutting myself with a broken bottle while screaming "WANT MY BLOOD?!?" scared off a gang off a***oles in Queens. I slammed it into my forehead.
It hurt.

This is very true. People don't want to f*** with a crazy person. Breaking a bottle and snarling is good. I've done it. It serves two purposes. One, it scares off most people who want to hurt me, which I tend to try and avoid. Two, if that doesn't work, it gives me a weapon should things get dicey.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

The Very Rarely option aside from when I accidentally hit myself with a hammer or something else applies best to me. I hardly ever curse honestly...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »

-Ed

It hurt.
Bluesad Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Level of Profanity « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.