Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:51:12 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV Shows To See Before You Die « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TV Shows To See Before You Die  (Read 14756 times)
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« on: June 21, 2011, 08:47:52 PM »

The X-Files

I haven't seen to many tv shows that really creep me out as much as The X-Files. After watching The X-Files it makes me want to take a shower.

The Twilight Zone

The show was so far ahead of it's time, that no other anthology show has come close to the genius of what Rod Sterling had created in the 1950's.

venomx
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:14:03 AM »

Small | Large

Star Blazers (TV Series 1979)

I want to watch EVERY episode before I kick the bucket. I started watching this back in 1980.

Small | Large

Fist of the North Star. The 1984 series

Not the movie, not the remake, but the episodes, everyone I want to see in English.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »

Small | Large

Miami Vice (1984-1990)

I've watched every episode bar the last three. I'm saving them for a special occasion I guess, and even though the series ended before I was old enough to watch it, it seems like it will depress the hell out of me when I finally get round to it. I watch every season in order though on an annual basis as soon as summer hits. The show has everything I want out of a TV series; it's filmed in the 80s, it's got style and substance by the barrel load, great acting, comedy and tragedy, a fantastic soundtrack, solid cinematography, writing and production. Still the greatest cop show ever in my opinion.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »

Arrested Development
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 08:14:41 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eBLveddSfM

Miami Vice (1984-1990)

I've watched every episode bar the last three. I'm saving them for a special occasion I guess, and even though the series ended before I was old enough to watch it, it seems like it will depress the hell out of me when I finally get round to it. I watch every season in order though on an annual basis as soon as summer hits. The show has everything I want out of a TV series; it's filmed in the 80s, it's got style and substance by the barrel load, great acting, comedy and tragedy, a fantastic soundtrack, solid cinematography, writing and production. Still the greatest cop show ever in my opinion.

I watched Miami Vice on and off. I didn't watch much TV in the 80's as I was much more of a movie watcher (not much has changed), but I always appreciated the show. I never realized it ran until 1990. I don't think I watched any of it past, say, 1987. The rolled-up jacket sleeves were out of style by about 1987. Did they disappear from the show as well?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »

I don't think I watched any of it past, say, 1987. The rolled-up jacket sleeves were out of style by about 1987. Did they disappear from the show as well?

By the fourth and fifth season, yeah, much of the earlier styles had disappeared. There was a change in producers/directors for nearly all of the remaining episodes and the show had taken a much darker tone in regards to plots and overall aesthetics.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:19:18 AM »

The X-Files

I haven't seen to many tv shows that really creep me out as much as The X-Files. After watching The X-Files it makes me want to take a shower.

The Twilight Zone

The show was so far ahead of it's time, that no other anthology show has come close to the genius of what Rod Sterling had created in the 1950's.

Personally, I would place Twilight Zone in the top 5 television shows of all time. When you look at the period of time in which it aired, what a big gamble it was, how precedent-setting it was, and just the sheer sophistication, quality of writing, and consistency of execution for an anthology show, it is absolutely brilliant.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »

The Andy Griffith Show
Small | Large

Great family show.

venomx
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »

There is a 1997 TV show about Godzilla's island. I'm sure it's Japanese but I would still watch it.

Plot...

In 2097, most of the world's monsters have been rounded up and are living on an island in the south pacific dubbed Godzilla Island. The kaiju are kept content on their island home, and are monitored from the G-Guard base in the center of the island. There, the G-Guard Commander watches and monitors the monsters day after day, with only the spherical robot Lucas by his side. However, the monotany of the job and of the monster's lives comes to an abrupt end when a gigantic UFO arives on Earth. Inside is the Xilien Zaguresu, who, under the command of her leader, the Giant Dark Emperor, is hell bent on taking over the planet, starting with Godzilla Island!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »

Seconded.  Amazing this show didn't make it, as I've never heard anyone who's seen it who didn't think it was hilarious.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »

Paranoia Agent

This is probably one of the only animes I think most people here could enjoy even if you are not into anime.  Basically, people on a verge of a mental breakdown are attacked by a mysterious figure called Lil' Slugger.  Who is he and what is his purpose?  That's where all the fun lies!

Small | Large

Jericho

For the nonanime fans, I contribue this great series from the past decade.  Nuclear bombs go off throughout America one day and a little town in the middle of nowhere must try to survive in a new hostile world.  There's more to it, but I'll won't say more.

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »

Batman: The Animated Series- You just need to see this awesome cartoon noir TV Show Before You Die, you just have to!

yeah no.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »

^ I use to watch that all the time when I was younger.

The Adventures Of Brisco County
Small | Large

Starring the great Bruce Campbell as Brisco County Jr. It's the only western/sci-fi tv show I can think of. It really doesn't get all the notice it truly deserves.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »

Seconded.  Amazing this show didn't make it, as I've never heard anyone who's seen it who didn't think it was hilarious.

The characters on that show are epic...
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »

Shows I really hope to eventually see...

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Danger Man
Mission Impossible

Actually I caught a bit of these shows during my younger years but I really would like to see as much of them as possible through adult eyes.

I Spy
Blakes 7
My Favorite Martian
The Champions
Land of the Lost
Stingray
Science Fiction Theatre (1950s)
Jason of Star Command
Doomwatch
Space Academy
'Way Out
Fantastic Voyage
Patlabor: The Mobile Police

Everybody should see IMO (at least some of the best episodes of each) - in order of importance to me personally:

The Outer Limits (original b & w series)
The Twilight Zone (original b & w series)
The Prisoner
The Invaders
Star Trek (Original Series)
The Avengers
Kolchak: the Night Stalker
Batman: The Animated Series
Boris Karloff's Thriller
The X-Files
Lost in Space
Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
The Wild Wild West
The Fugitive
The Incredible Hulk
Adventures of Superman
UFO
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:07:26 AM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV Shows To See Before You Die « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.