Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:32:29 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Favorite Cover Songs « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Favorite Cover Songs  (Read 12686 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 08:46:36 PM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »

I don't care, I like this one...Circus will back me up on it undoubtedly...
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »

Spider-Man by The Ramones- I assume it's a cover.  Technically.
Small | Large

"Higher Ground" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Small | Large

"I Believe in Miracles" by Pearl Jam
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »

I don't care, I like this one...Circus will back me up on it undoubtedly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO7syibmPnk

YES  Thumbup

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 09:39:17 AM »

Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »

"War Pigs" by Cake.   Buggedout
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
venomx
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

I can't pick. I like them all!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »

I don't like the Black Crowes, but I think this is very good version of the Otis Redding song.

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 10:38:27 PM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 09:18:11 AM »

Judas Priest covering Fleetwood Mac's "The Green Manalishi" (one of those rare covers that completely trumps the original version in every way, IMHO)
Small | Large

Sonic Youth covering Delaney & Bonnie's "Superstar" (this version is so haunting, so dark, and so creepy, it really brings to the surface how inherently disturbing most love songs are, with their stalker-ish messages of "not being able to live without you" and "can't stop thinking of you" and yada yada yada, when you think about 'em for longer than 5 seconds, most traditional love songs are completely obsessive, psychotic rants that hinge the stability of the singer's sanity and the validity of his identity entirely on their romantic infatuation with the object of obsession... gah)
Small | Large

Saint Vitus  covering Black Flag's "Thirsty & Miserable" (I'm so smitten by the idea of an ultra-slow doom metal band covering an ultra-fast hardcore band, and the result is so fantastic  here, I think)
Small | Large

Rammstein covering The Ramones' "Pet Semetary" (jarring for me at first, but hearring Rammstein do it in their heavily accented style of English has become an ever-reliable way of putting a smile on my face, especially when that great singalong chorus hit)
Small | Large

The Cramps covering Little Willie John's "Fever" (used to great effect in the bar slaughter sequence of Near Dark)
Small | Large

Racer X cover Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla" (still can't hold a candle to the original, but still pretty memorable nonetheless, great shredding from this band)
Small | Large

Slayer covering Iron Butterfly's "Inna Gadda Da Vida" (holy crap! my favorite thrash band covering one of my favorite classic stoner rock/proto-metal songs? and making it into a terrifying maelstrom that sounds like Satan hisself leading me down into the infernal pit?!? HELL YEAH! ...and they leave out that annoyingly endless drum & organ solo that goes on for what seems like a half a freaking hour? THANK BEELZEBUB!)
Small | Large

Nick Cave covering the traditional murder ballad "Stagger Lee" (debateable whether or not this should be considered a cover in the stricted sense, as this is an age-old folk song that has been re-imaged numerous times before, but this particular version, from Nick Cave'sMurder Ballads album, my favorite of his records, is just fantastic... as is every other song on the album, any one of which could easily be snuck onto this list)
Small | Large

Johnny Cash covering Nick Cave's "The Mercy Seat" (what's good for the goose is goo for the gander, and Nick Cave's own work got a great cover courtesy of the master himself, Johnny Cash... not as well-known as "Hurt" or "God's Gonna Cut You Down" but just as good if you ask me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8CzFVm1Yio (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Echo & The Bunnymen covering The Doors' "People Are Strange" (I heard this version years before I everh eard the original version, thanks mainly to the opening credits of The Lost Boys, to this day it still remains my preferred rendition)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxzhiyQj6zI (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Celtic Frost covering Wall Of Voodoo's "Mexican Radio" (Celtic Frost caught a lot of s**t for this rather unconventional cover choice but I think it's great, just weird enough to be fun and still genuinely enjoyable as a song... has enough of the original song to make me want to sing along, but enough metal to make me want to bang my head)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyvBqPueJA (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Emily Browning covering Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams" (I was genuinely surprised when I found out it was Emily Browning singing this, and I was even more surprised by how much I liked her rendition)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcxRtLpkAkQ (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Finally, that brings us to my vote for the single best cover of all time...

SOD covering Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" (rechristened as "The Ballad Of Jimi Hendrix")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0-FdQZ57w&feature=related (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Honrable mentions: Bathory - Black Diamond, Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams, Xentrix - Ghostbusters, Johnny Cash - Hurt, Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down, Johnny Cash - Ghost Riders In The Sky, White Wizzard - Heading Out To The Highway, Metallica - So What?, Reverend Bizarre - The Gates Of Nanna,  every other murder ballad on Nick Cave's Murder Ballads album, Jimi Hendri - All Along The Watchtower, Joey Ramone - What A Wonderful World, Bob Dylan (sort of) - Friday (you know you love it), AFI - Last Caress, Placebo - Running Up That Hill, Black Sabbath - Evil Woman, Ozzy Osbourne - 21st Century Schizoid Man, Judas Priest - Diamonds & Rust, Smith - Baby It's You, Demons & Wizards - White Room, the rest of the SOD Ballads

I love cover songs.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Favorite Cover Songs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.