Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:34:23 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  I Saw B.B. King Last Night... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Saw B.B. King Last Night...  (Read 2985 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: June 26, 2011, 09:25:04 AM »

...And I'm sad to report that it was one of the worst gigs I've ever been to.

Now, the man is 85 years of age, so the fact that he is still able to take to the stage let alone tour year round is nothing short of a miracle. He is a legend, a blues icon, a guitar god. But he should probably call it quits, because I have to be honest, from what I saw and heard he is tarnishing his reputation as a performer. As I told posters on facebook who slated me for my "opinion", I'm being honest from my perspective and I'm not blinded by any form of idol worship.

I paid £114 ($182) for two tickets, one for me and one for my dad (father's day gift) and basically that got us just under 90mins of talking, an embarrassingly out of tune backing band, no encore and the handing out of gold chains!?? B.B. must've actually played his guitar about 5 times in total for no more than 2-3 mins at a time, hitting a lot of bum notes, although his voice was in fine form. "Everyday I Have The Blues" and "Thrill Is Gone" were the stand-outs, but "You Are My Sunshine" was a total joke, to the point where people in the crowd were shouting "play some blues". My dad and I were sat there cringing, but again, the man's a legend and he's old, so you can't expect too much.

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that.   Bluesad  I have never had the, uh, "privilege," but have long wanted to see B.B. KING

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »

they showed a bit of his set from glastonbury on tv yesterday and yeah he must've only played his guitar once in 20 minutes of stage time!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:13:51 PM »

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Its a risk most of the time to see older artist perform. Its kinda a ripoff that he hardely played his guitar, since you know... that's what he's famous for.

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »

Bummer. I kinda feel bad for the guy. Ya gotta figure, if his performance was that lacking, he's gotta be feeling his age.

It's always sad to see legendary performers on the other side of their prime.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

How I choose to remember B.B. King.
Small | Large

"Won't you gentlemen have a Pepsi." TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 10:18:42 AM »

Wow that's too bad Circus, sorry to hear it. I'm a fan too.

AndyC, let's don't forget this outstanding performance either.

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »

It's basically what I imagine seeing Elvis was like, before he died. You know, the whole Vegas routine and it feeling like a tribute show rather than a solid meaningful performance. What made it worse was some guy kept strolling on to the stage and asking for the audience to applause with "Give it up for the undisputed king of the blues". Hell if B.B's still regarded as the king of the blues, then I'm the damn god of blues...

Watching the footage of him trying to play again, reminds me of the Texas Chainsaw Masscare when they try to get grandpa to hit that chick with the hammer.

Bluesad

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »

It's basically what I imagine seeing Elvis was like, before he died. You know, the whole Vegas routine and it feeling like a tribute show rather than a solid meaningful performance. What made it worse was some guy kept strolling on to the stage and asking for the audience to applause with "Give it up for the undisputed king of the blues". Hell if B.B's still regarded as the king of the blues, then I'm the damn god of blues...
Watching the footage of him trying to play again, reminds me of the Texas Chainsaw Masscare when they try to get grandpa to hit that chick with the hammer. Bluesad
Aw.  I laughed out loud.   Bluesad   BounceGiggle  That's still funny.  And sad.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  I Saw B.B. King Last Night... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.