Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:56:36 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Mistakes « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Movie Mistakes  (Read 9826 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »

The film takes place in 1978, but the song "Makin' It", played in the film, was released a year later.

Actually, the song "Makin' It" was indeed released in 1978, but hit the charts in 1979.

Well, from what I remember the kids were listening to it on the radio.  That would indicate, to me, that it would be the single cut which came out in 1979.  But yes, I guess the original song was released on the album in 1978.
I didn't watch the whole movie, just kinda remember that scene.  Thought the movie was kinda stupid (but maybe that was intentional).

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
OmegaGeek
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »

A recent movie mistake that I noticed was in the indie-ish movie, Night Catches Us, where a coward who has never fired a gun before, fires it 'gangster style' (sideways) and the actor doesn't respond to recoil, nor is there a muzzle flash, which makes it obvious that the sound effect with dubbed over in post.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 09:28:24 AM »

There's a really bad mistake in "Ghoulies". During the master ritual when everybody starts screaming, the ghoulie that looks like a cat opens its mouth wide and you can clearly see the back of the mouth break open and reveal the puppeteer's finger.

You can see it here in the clip (at around 4:56)
Small | Large
66Crush
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

In regards to the comments on the song "Makin' It." I think it brings up a good point. Sometimes you will hear a song from a certain decade played in a movie that might not have been out in the year the movie takes place in it. "Rockstar" and "Hot Tub Time Machine" come to mind. In HTTM, "Home Sweet Home " by Motley Crue was being sung by that one character, who chose to stay in the past. After he changes history, he is in the video perfoming the song. However if he was already listening to the song, he wouldn't have been in the video for it, the video in reality would have probably already have been shot. But often times it comes down to getting the rights to a song and what song would be best for the scene. As long as the song captures the basic time period it seems to work. I used to be really nit picky about things like that untill it was explained to me someone.
Vik
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 02:30:49 AM »

Piranha 3D: The cop falls in the water, next shot she's out and her clothes are all dry.
joejoe
If it's bad, I'll watch it
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »

i remember from the original "Halloween". when the blue custom van pulles up in front of the house, it has a california license plate on the front.  "Halloween" is suppost to be in Haddonfied, ILL.

when in doubt,  plan E.   EXPLOSIVES!!
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »

From The Fly (1986):

Towards the end as Seth is nearing his final transformation, we see him typing on his computer. When he bites on his pencil, some teeth and blood fall out of his mouth. But in the next shot of the keyboard, the teeth are there and the blood is nowhere to be seen.

From Gremlins:

At the moment when the gremlin in the Christmas tree attacks Billy's mom, you can see a crewmember pushing the tree from behind.

It's here in the clip at around 0:47.
Small | Large
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

I'm a little surpirsed no one brought up The Room yet...

let' see: Lisa's hair is untied and tied before she on Johnny do the deed, Denny's apple magically disappears

we could spend all day discussing The Room  BounceGiggle

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 08:23:29 AM »

From The Fly II:

In the scene where Martin visits the mutated dog, you can see a wire being used to make the dog's tail wag.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Mistakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.