Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:18 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you personally known someone who was murdered? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Did you personally known someone who was murdered?  (Read 12097 times)
claws
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »

Been reading true crime stories lately, and my morbid curiosity continues: Did you known somebody personally who was murdered?
I don't, though we had two people murdered in our town in a span of 30 years.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »

YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING!  I have an alibi... I was online here.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »

What is this an interrogation?! Dig up the whole damn backyard, you won't find any dead hookers! I swear I'm clean man!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:41:00 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 02:00:33 PM »

afaik I've never personally met anyone who has been subsequently murdered...I'm sure it's the kind of thing you'd remember cause it would be pretty shocking to find out, I'd imagine

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »

What is this an interrogation?! Dig up the whole damn backyard, you won't any dead hookers! I swear I'm clean man!

But will I find an angora sweater?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »

Haven't known anyone personally that's been murdered but I did see a kid get run over and killed when I was in high school.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »

Not yet.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »

Nope, but I did work with a murderer.  I think I only saw him in the break room once, and I might have asked if he had some change for the candy machine.  He later raped a woman and threw her into a gorge to her death.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »

What is this an interrogation?! Dig up the whole damn backyard, you won't find any dead hookers! I swear I'm clean man!

But will I find an angora sweater?

Yes, I buried an Angora sweater. I'm trying to grow an Angora sweater tree.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »

Wait... Actually I did once run into a guy in line at a bar/club and we small talked in line for drinks (we had some friends in common).  He went missing some months later and was found dead.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Will_Hendrick

-Ed
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:21:46 PM by Ed » Logged

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

I had an employee at work who was murdered. He was beaten up a few times, and one morning I came in and he had been murdered, beaten to death.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »

I worked briefly with a guy who was later found murdered in his car. He'd apparently gotten into a "situation" with some local drug dealers.

But I also had a teacher in grad school who is currently serving a life sentence for brutally murdering his wife. He was my linguistics teacher. Apparently, his wife (ex-wife actually--they had just divorced) was threatening to move across the country and take their daughter with her. He didn't like that, killed her, and then tried to O.J. Simpson his way out of it. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't a celebrity, he was white, and he didn't hire Johnny Cochran to defend him. From what I recall, he kept trying tactics like, "If I wanted to murder her, I'd have done it this way." He tried playing it too cool and was convicted. This was the same school where another professor, this one married with two daughters, showed up drunk at my apartment one night and started hitting on me. It wasn't the first time he had done something like this. I felt very sorry for his wife and daughters.  Bluesad

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 09:50:54 PM »

I cannot say I personally ever knew a murder victim but I did briefly meet a girl, who very sadly would later become a victim of murder, when I bought my current PC used from her sister. The whole thing was very tragic given it happened in a small town about 20 minutes drive from me. Everyone around here was completely shocked and stunned and the details were horrific...she was a single mom who was attacked by a much too possessive ex-boyfriend who slit her throat  Buggedout apparently with her toddler in the house. He shortly thereafter hanged himself. Very grim and shocking for a town with perhaps a couple of hundred people.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 10:19:10 PM »

Yes. It was back in the 1980's when my younger son was playing soccer on a travel team. It was the mother of one of his co players.  She worked a late shift at a post office about 45 minutes from her home. She had gotten home about 1 in the morning from her job and was shot and killed in her own driveway.  It turned out that her husband had hired someone to to do it so that he could collect on her life insurance policy. The story was in all the papers and on the news.  Very sad.

Hold onto your dreams ....
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 02:34:31 AM »

Technically yes, but I don't remember him.  My parents knew a guy in the mid 90s who, in 1999, was found dead in a ditch.  His ex-wife and her boyfriend were arrested and she got quite a bit of prison time.  Apparently I'd met him, but I have no recollection of him or anything. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you personally known someone who was murdered? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.