Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:12 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Bigfoot Press Conference Seeks DNA Test To Answer Bigfoot Mystery « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bigfoot Press Conference Seeks DNA Test To Answer Bigfoot Mystery  (Read 1806 times)
claws
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:42:16 AM »

A DNA test could prove the one thing that decades of grainy videos, mysterious footprints and unverified eyewitness accounts haven't -- the existence of Bigfoot.

Bigfoot researchers in California say they've obtained startling evidence, and are now trying to raise money for genetic testing on an oil residue purportedly left behind by the elusive hairy beast.

AOL Weird News has obtained exclusive photos taken recently by forensic expert Mickey Burrow, who examined the evidence, and those photos are available here for the first time.

At a press conference today in Fresno, Calif., the Sanger Paranormal Society reached out to the public to help come up with the needed funds to pay for a thorough analysis of DNA from an alleged Bigfoot creature.

Sanger founder Jeffrey Gonzalez presented photographs taken of strange impressions left on the windows of his pickup truck that was temporarily abandoned in a snow storm when he and several others were on a Bigfoot expedition over Memorial Day weekend in California's Sierra National Forest.

When the men returned to retrieve Gonzalez's truck, they were startled to discover the window markings -- including a large paw-like image -- and what they first thought was evidence of hair on two of the truck windows.

Gonzalez called in forensic/law enforcement photographer Mickey Burrow, who has spent 14 years as a qualified court photographic expert and crime scene processor.

"I immediately started wondering if there could be some DNA left behind, because if this thing put its face on the window, I thought there was probably DNA on there," Burrow told AOL.

"I've got the know-how. I've done it more than 5,000 times on crime scenes. In this case, I treated it like it was a vehicle that got burglarized.

"As I was looking at the windows, I told Jeff it looked like something came up to the truck, rubbed up against it, swiped along the side of it, and then just put its face up on the window and looked in -- that's what it looks like."

Burrow photographed the images left on the truck windows and collected some DNA swabs. While Gonzalez suggested one of the impressions shows a hand print, Burrow isn't convinced.

"I'm very iffy on it. To me, it looks like a paw print," he explained. "I don't think it was a primate or a biped, because it looks too much like a paw. But then again, we don't know what Bigfoot is.

"I was just looking at what I could find off the truck. I didn't find any hair or blood or prints, so we really don't know what we have that touched it. We don't know if it's a bear or a Bigfoot or a mountain lion."

Bigfoot is a legendary tall, hairy ape-like creature that has somehow defied capture and identification. Also known as Sasquatch, Abominable Snowman and Yeti, it supposedly lives in heavily forested or snow-capped mountainous regions of the world.

While most scientists deny Bigfoot's existence, decades of huge numbers of eyewitness reports, pictures and films have kept the legend alive.

Previous attempts to analyze potential Bigfoot DNA haven't resulted in anything that could be considered as the scientific find of the ages. That's why Gonzalez is being very careful about who he'll turn over his reported Bigfoot DNA to.

"We need somebody to come forward to take this DNA and get it mapped," he told AOL. "Since nobody knows what a Bigfoot is, there's no available DNA for it. But by testing this DNA, by process of elimination we can find out if it was a bear, gorilla, baboon or something else.

"If it's not any of those, and you've eliminated all the possibilities, and it's not human, then what's left?"

Burrow is looking for an objective, science-based truth.

"I would like to just find out, because it's got my interest piqued," he said. "I believe Bigfoot exists, but I don't believe it has mystical powers like many people say it does. I think it's just an unknown species that hasn't been discovered or hasn't fully evolved."

Source: weirdnews.aol.com with pictures and video.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »

Maury Povitch should be involved.

Maury: "Bigfoot it turns out you... ARE NOT THE FATHER!"

Bigfoot: "Aw, yeah! Hear that, Maureen? You hear that? I ain't payin' no child support or nothin'. In yo' face, Maureen. In yo' FACE!"

Maureen: >hysterically sobbing as she falls to the floor clawing at Bigfoot's khaki pants<

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »

Bigfoot: "Aw, yeah! Hear that, Maureen? You hear that? I ain't payin' no child support or nothin'. In yo' face, Maureen. In yo' FACE!"

Maureen: >hysterically sobbing as she falls to the floor clawing at Bigfoot's khaki pants<

In about six hours time sir, you shall be getting karma for that!  BounceGiggle

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Bigfoot Press Conference Seeks DNA Test To Answer Bigfoot Mystery « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.