Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:30:33 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Glenn Beck off Fox News:This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Glenn Beck off Fox News:This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV  (Read 9527 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: June 30, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »

Glenn Beck signs off from Fox News: ‘This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV’
By Dylan Stableford
Glenn Beck began his final show on Fox News where he'll be for the foreseeable future: outside the building--and not on TV.

"We've done some amazing things together," Beck, flanked by at least one bodyguard, told viewers as he showed them the view of the set from the street, noting the bulletproof glass that was installed "for a myriad of reasons..." 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/glenn-beck-signs-off-fox-news-show-become-223643319.html 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »

I'm kinda glad to see him go.  The man is entertaining in short bursts (5 min. or so), but he wears thin REALLY quick.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 01:24:30 PM »

Is he starting to believe his own hype?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 04:36:49 PM »

It would be great if all the pundits did this.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 05:30:32 PM »

Good riddance. He'll find ways other then TV though.

OmegaGeek
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »

Glenn Beck has some good charisma and that gets him by, but the problem is that he's just hawking talking points, not actual arguments and facts, and the people he's preaching to are willing to eat up his stuff with a spoon, unquestioned.

I'm glad his show is done but I'm not looking forward to his next phase of celebrity.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »

I'm kinda glad to see him go.  The man is entertaining in short bursts (5 min. or so), but he wears thin REALLY quick.

I agree ~ I have access to Fox News and he sometimes (I say sometimes, because he does make a lot of sense) sounds like the fire and brimstone preachers that I heard as a child.  Smile

I just have to ask: Why bulletproof glass in the studio?  Buggedout
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:19:42 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »

Glenn Beck has some good charisma and that gets him by, but the problem is that he's just hawking talking points, not actual arguments and facts, and the people he's preaching to are willing to eat up his stuff with a spoon, unquestioned.

I'm glad his show is done but I'm not looking forward to his next phase of celebrity.

Yes, I agree that Beck has some intelligence that always seems to start out going somewhere, but going nowehere as he "hawks old talking points" and presenting hypotheticals with no "real" facts.  

But, I believe that his hypothetical situations deserve some merit, it not 100% merit.

Since we seem to be repeating history more than we are re-writing it (no big suprise there) Beck is saying that there are those on both sides of the aisle ready to resurrect the past and marry it to modern attitudes to make the world a more dangerous place, and profit from it as WE wind up paying for it thru their deployment of the hypothetical situations he presents.

A warning from history, of sorts.  

However, as to "eating up his hype" there are those in the Olbermann and Matthews camps who do the same thing, and since this is the media, that will never change.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:35:45 PM by Umaril The Unfeathered » Logged

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 02:01:02 AM »

"This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV."

I agree with half of that statement.

Much as I love the idea of Glenn Beck embarking on some quixotic Man Who Would Be King quest, the real reason is probably more prosaic. Did he not get that cost of living pay increase he was hoping for? In American culture, the only other place for political commentators is talk radio. Talk radio is a big step down from Fox News.

Godspeed you, Beck Emperor! Bitter rants from a position of angry obscurity are always mildly amusing for a few minutes.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jim H

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »

My understanding is Beck had declining ratings and some of his accusations have become so wild (the Islamofascistcommunist conspiracy) that the right wingers at Fox consider him an embarrassment and wanted him to go.  The combo made it happen.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 04:21:18 PM »

"This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV."

I agree with half of that statement.

Much as I love the idea of Glenn Beck embarking on some quixotic Man Who Would Be King quest, the real reason is probably more prosaic. Did he not get that cost of living pay increase he was hoping for? In American culture, the only other place for political commentators is talk radio. Talk radio is a big step down from Fox News.

Godspeed you, Beck Emperor! Bitter rants from a position of angry obscurity are always mildly amusing for a few minutes.
I think the Emperor is on the throne now! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »

I don't really understand why they did this though. I've never heard of someone just ending a popular show that hasn't even been on that long.

I didn't watch it but he brought alot of very dour libertarian ideas to life for people, including getting Hayeks The Road to Serfdom on the best sellers list.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 08:51:19 PM »

I don't really understand why they did this though. I've never heard of someone just ending a popular show that hasn't even been on that long.

I didn't watch it but he brought alot of very dour libertarian ideas to life for people, including getting Hayeks The Road to Serfdom on the best sellers list.
I'd guess it would be some reason we won't find out for a while, maybe Beck didn't want to do the show anymore, or maybe he burned his bridges at fox somehow. I can't say I'll miss him.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »

at libertarian boards and whatnot there was kind of a hands off approach but also a kind of amazement that these ideas were getting out to so many people. 
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 01:37:43 PM »

I just have to say this.

I want to congratulate Mr. Beck on his decision to move from New York State to Texas. With that one move, he has raised the average i.q. levels in both states.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Glenn Beck off Fox News:This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.