Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:17:32 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best board games « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Best board games  (Read 14180 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »

my sister's MALE friends do enjoy the Barbie Game......., BounceGiggle

yeah no.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »

Here are a few suggestions:

DOMINANT SPECIES: Each player chooses an animal class (mammal, insect, bird, etc.) and tries to adapt and survive in a changing environment.

TWILIGHT STRUGGLE: One player represents the U.S., the other represents the Soviet Union.  Each player plays cards representing historic events that influenced either democracy or communism or both in order to gain the most support from other countries.

DUST: Sort of like Risk, only better.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
venomx
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »

DUST: Sort of like Risk, only better.

That looks cool as well! Thumbup
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »

I'm not sure if this counts but Scatagories is great.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Couchtr26

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 12:13:26 AM »

Hero Quest

Key to the Kingdom

AVGN recently talked about it but I remember playing.  I always hated it as it tended to dissolve into winning by any means necessary. 

Trivial Pursuit

I always found it rather interesting but then got older and it lost some of its magic.  It did get me remembering useless trivia.   Yeah!

Fortress America

Weird one like many war simulation games.  The United States is invaded on three fronts and the three forces cooperate to eliminate the US. 

The Burgomaster you have some interesting games there.  I haven't seen any of them and they all seem like interesting strategic games. 

Ah, the good old days.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »

Anyone else ever find the kids on the boxes and TV ads really irritating? They look like they're going to p**s their pants. I know it's to make the games look more exciting so they'll get purchased but does anyone seriously get that excited over a board game? That's just what they are "bored" games.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 01:53:04 PM »

Anyone else ever find the kids on the boxes and TV ads really irritating? They look like they're going to p**s their pants. I know it's to make the games look more exciting so they'll get purchased but does anyone seriously get that excited over a board game? That's just what they are "bored" games.

You're cracking me up, Circus, because I know what you're talking about. Sometimes it's not just the kids. Sometime the box has a family, mom, dad, two kids, playing the game and looking like they're, as you say, p**sing themselves from excitement. I wouldn't let it annoy you too much. I recommend seeing the comedy in it.

Cheers

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
venomx
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »

After playing Monopoly for an hour I get sick of it! Wink
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »

Diplomacy - this game was ridiculously fun, but you needed a full 7 players to get up a decent game.  Set in pre-WWI in Europe.  There was no luck element to the combat, it was a simple numbers game.  The tricky part was making and breaking alliances, and selectively betraying the other players.  Like the name says, the game was won or lost through diplomacy. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »

Oh you mean like this?

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »

chess
draughts
othello
backgammon

not mentioned yet, just thought I'd chuck em in there!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »

I rarely play games anymore (well on rare occasions I play card games) but I do own some nevertheless. My favourites are:

Scrabble
Monopoly
Battleship
Checkers

But I also own:

Snakes and Ladders
Pictionary
Risk

As a kid I loved also:

Table Top Hockey
The Game of Life
Legends of Wrestling (a card and dice game you ordered out of rasslin' mags)
Bingo
Connect Four
Candyland
Mouse Trap

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Burgomaster

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »

ZOMBIE STATE: I mentioned this in another discussion thread awhile back.  It's sort of like Risk, except players don't play against each other.  Instead, each player is defending a continent against multiplying and wandering zombie hoardes.  You can use military might, technological breakthroughs, or a combination of the two.  Whichever player fares best against the zombies attacking his continent is the winner.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:17 PM »

I've been playing a good amount of Mansions of Madness.

Small | Large

It's a sister game to Arkham Horror, down to containing the same "investigators."

It's primary difference from Arkham Horror is that one player is the keeper, who sets up the game board and has the primary job of screwing over the other players. The rest of the players must work together to solve the story (five are included with the game), which is unknown to them when they begin the game.

Also, each story takes place in one location. As opposed to the cosmic horror of Arkham, each game of Mansions of Madness is a self-contained "haunted house" tale.

It's a streamlined tabletop RPG, where each game last two hours or so. Even though most of the gameplay is largely based on randomized event cards, it lends itself surprisingly well to story-telling.

Lots of fun. Not very cheap.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »

Diplomacy - this game was ridiculously fun, but you needed a full 7 players to get up a decent game.  Set in pre-WWI in Europe.  There was no luck element to the combat, it was a simple numbers game.  The tricky part was making and breaking alliances, and selectively betraying the other players.  Like the name says, the game was won or lost through diplomacy. 

Years ago, I bought a PC version of this for a couple of bucks from a guy who was having a moving sale at his apartment.  It was fun the first few times I played it, but then I lost interest.  Definitely something that requires personal interaction.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best board games « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.