Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:11:26 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Flawed films you enjoy regardless « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Flawed films you enjoy regardless  (Read 5516 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »

Baise-Moi. After hearing how controversial it was at the time, it's one I had to seek out, and I wasn't TOTALLY disappointed, in fact, I quite enjoyed it - sex scenes notwithstanding. The movie is uneven in spots, but I thought it was pretty decent overall - it's what Thelma And Louise SHOULD have been.

I HATE that film.

Those two characters were some of the most unlikeable I've ever witnessed.
Just two vile, messed up women.
plus when the girls get raped at the beginning and one of them says something like "you should expect that - you're a girl", i mean whoa....

Exactly.
Two girls getting raped, one of them is screaming, crying and sobbing as you'd expect and its a tough watch.
The other does nothing.
She's an emotionless shell from start to finish.

She's so cold and unlikeable that it almost defies belief. He empty headed friend isn't much better

The film seems to go out of its way to be cruel. There's no plot, no character arc, no unique ideas. I mean, there's barley any plot either.
Its just an excuse to be unpleasant.

Grrrr.....

I'm getting angry just thinking bout this film again.

If it wasn't for the graphic sex, this film would be long since forgotten and rightly so.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 04:21:35 AM »

The Room, Commando, Indiana Jones and the Kingdomof Crystal Skull, Signs

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Megadeth64
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 07:01:38 PM »

The Wicker Man. It sucks, but I think its hysterical
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 02:01:26 PM »

Christine (1983)

The film isn't really scary.
A killer car is an idea that can only be pushed so far before it becomes kinda stupid.

But its so watchable. Again I think this might be because it has few characters. Arnie, Dennis and Christine. There are a few other characters but really it's those three.

And I'm not a petrol head but that car is gorgeous and film had a great classic soundtrack too.

Simple story, but effective.

(I'm reading the book right now and it's fab)

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
odinn7

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

Death Race 2000, The Descent, Charlies Angels...you know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that most films I enjoy are flawed. Oh well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »

Just about all the movies I like are heavily flawed.  I guess that's kinda why I'm here. 

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 11:12:42 PM »

"Wizards!" I like the art style, I love the premise, but I think it would have benefited greatly from rounding out some of the characters just a little more to make them 3-dimensional rather than generally 2-dimensional (especially some of the protagonists). But I'd still watch it again for the art and the fact that, although it is a kid's film, it doesn't try to talk down to them and doesn't present the flawed moral that the good guys can't ever stray even a little from a strict moral code.

Friday the 13th part VII: admittedly dumb movie with a silly premise, but man is it fun to watch. And I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the creators were aiming for, and I think they succeeded in that respect. Your mileage may vary, of course.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Flawed films you enjoy regardless « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.